~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

poseidon said:
Guys, a person is looking to sell Samsung Galaxy S which is only 3 weeks old and totally unused. What price should i tell him (I am the buyer) ? he is asking for 21k which looks little higher to me for a used phone, even if it only 3 weeks old
Dont get it. You can get for 22k from letsbuy using the RCOMLB1 coupon.(1k discount)

Buy Samsung Galaxy S I9000 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more good news guys. The Nexus S (Both black and white) pricing has dipped to 20k in flipkart.

This makes it the most powerful android in the sub 20k category. RIP Galaxy SL 4GB :p

Samsung Google Nexus S: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews (Black)

I wouldnt advice the dual SIM androids. They are not very powerful and not from good brands. Better stick to the best Android within your budget and get a secondary phone for ~1k.
Dark Angel,

Thanks for the advice.

P.N.Reddy

blueren said:
I need to buy an optimus one for my friend. Where is the best deal i can get? What is its current offline price? Flipkart = 10k! :|
Not sure about offline price. But from letsbuy you can get it for 9k using RCOMLB1 coupon.

LG Optimus One P500 | LG Optimus One P500 Price in India | Reviews, Videos - 91mobiles.com

Univercell says 10.5k (It has lots of stores in south india)

LG Optimus1 P500 Mobile Price - Buy LG Optimus1 P500 At Lowest Price In India ~10.4k

Should be in the range of 9.5k-10k in most metros though.

Which phone under 8K supports all the major video formats? (either out of the box or thru an easily installable app). Would prefer touchscreen, with as large a screen as possible.

Looking for a very simple recommendation, didn't think it warranted a new thread...

A simple phone for calling, the emphasis is on compactness. Must be slim and light. No camera, no touchscreen, nothing required. Just a phone with a phonebook and SMS, that's it. A bonus would be music player capabilities on par with the Sansa Clip+.

I am totally clueless about the non-smartphone phone market, so thanks in advance!

Thanks! I had a 5130 a couple of years back, it's a great phone, but looking for something else. The music player isn't a big deal, it would just be a bonus. What is most important is compactness. Something under 70g and around 10-12mm thick. That's the most important criteria. I would even pay smartphone prices for a dumbphone that is tiny!

please help me decide. my budget is 8-10k(stretching it to 10k for android). i want an android. shortlisted on 2 phones lg optimus one and samsung 551. mind says lg optimus one but my heart is still stuck with samsung 551. thats only because it has an qwerty keypad. please help me decide is the qwerty keypad phone worth the investment or should i go with optimus.

also i'd like to knw if there are any other mobile i go with in that range. anything will do. my motorola L9 is supposedly taking its last breaths after being a loyal friend for 4yrs.

also i dnt prefer nokia

lg optimus one because:
1.better screen resolution
2.gingerbread
3.1500 mah battery
4.512 mb ram
5.better support for custom roms
6.IMHO everything you do on a smartphone: email,surfing,video,pictures -screen resolution has the biggest impact other than SOC in user experience.so optimus one or dell xcd 35(even better resolution,lesser battery life)

hunterjack said:
please help me decide. my budget is 8-10k(stretching it to 10k for android). i want an android. shortlisted on 2 phones lg optimus one and samsung 551. mind says lg optimus one but my heart is still stuck with samsung 551. thats only because it has an qwerty keypad. please help me decide is the qwerty keypad phone worth the investment or should i go with optimus.

also i'd like to knw if there are any other mobile i go with in that range. anything will do. my motorola L9 is supposedly taking its last breaths after being a loyal friend for 4yrs.

also i dnt prefer nokia

For best kinda typing a physical keyboard is always top. no matter what anyone says. if u do much typing then u can get the 551. else get o1

Need a phone within 7k for browsing via 2G/3G (when available). Touchscreen with as large screen of around 4 inches is preferred. Dual sim required. TE and other sites like engadget should load properly on it. :D

Dont think such a phone can be bought in your budget. None of the high end phones are dual SIM.
Even in single SIM devices none of the phones that are priced under 10k has a screen bigger than 3.2". The best bet would be Dell XCD 35 (3.5" WVGA screen) for ~ 9.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back