~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

^I dont think such a phone can be bought in your budget. None of the high end phones are dual SIM.
Even in single SIM devices none of the phones that are priced under 10k has a screen bigger than 3.2". The best bet would be Dell XCD 35 (3.5" WVGA screen) for ~ 9.5k (after 10% discount from letsbuy)
Since its android you can browse TE via the android app. Some websites now-a-days come up with an Android app to make browsing it easier :) (Cricinfo for eg.,)

^ what about the Samsung Star Duos B7722. its bada os i think but has 3.5G + Edge dual sim. for 10k. Out of my price range though. http://www.flipkart.com/mobiles/samsung/itmczbmmvgahnzyy?pid=mobczq5bv92zygdg

The dell one is real winner on resolution though.

I really require a dual sim + 3G phone for browsing. Have 2 sims - 1 3g enabled and one for voice calls (both diff operators though). Don't feel like lugging around 2 phones around. Besides old phone is on death bed.

^Its not Bada OS AFAIK. Its just a feature phone and also has a resistive 240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches. So not worth it.
Eventhough it would be tedious i suggest a Dell XCD35 and a cheapo Samsung Guru for ~1k for the other SIM.

Re: Please suggest an android phone - budget 20k!!!!

hey guyz, a friend of mine wants to buy a mobile within 16k but only samsung and htc. He is not willing to buy brands like motorola and lg. Asked here because i dint want to create a new topic and this yopic was similar

and the requirements are normal - for daily usage nothing special

Need a phone for my mom. Budget - 10k.

Needs

1) Loud Speaker/Ringtone ( Since the phone would be kept in purse)

2) Good Camera

3) No Qwerty.

4)Easy to use( She currently uses Nokia 6500 Slide)

Any Suggestions ?

hey guys, thinking of finally upgrading my phone and giving a rest to my 4.5yr old w700i.

I'm looking for an Android phone:
Budget: 20k +/- 3K
Features: QWERTY keypad, big screen, long battery life (as much as possible)
Android version 2.3
should be decent at playing games.

After searching a bit on my own, I found only Motorola Milestone and HTC Desire Z. How are these two? and which one is better among the two? Any new qwerty androids going to be launched in near future (2-3 months)?

if playing games and android 2.3 are your primary concerns desire z is better then milestone. otherwise you can consider samsung galaxy s i9000 also

which has a bigger screen then desire z. if you can stretch your budget to 24.3k get LG optimus 2x p990.

dantool said:
if playing games and android 2.3 are your primary concerns desire z is better then milestone. otherwise you can consider samsung galaxy s i9000 also

which has a bigger screen then desire z. if you can stretch your budget to 24.3k get LG optimus 2x p990.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I need an android with qwerty keypad. I tried using the on-screen keypad in galaxy ace and wave; I could type even one word without correcting it multiple times :( So, a hardware keypad is must.

Was thinking of getting a new mobile as my N82 keeps hanging in-between. Need a mobile for email, text, daily use. Qwerty keypad must. Android preferred.

Was thinking of Motorola Charm @7.3K looks good. Please advice

ust when people were beginning to see RIM as the only one who can craft some stunning portrait style keyboards, Motorola does a fantastic job with the one on the CHARM. Although there is no spacing between buttons, they're raised enough and curved toward the middle to provide a good distinction between your thumbs. The soft plastic keys also offer a good tactile response when pressed, but it's the layout of the QWERTY that makes it so easy to use – it's actually similar to what you see on a regular keyboard. Additionally, there are some dedicated buttons on there that will give you access to specific functions and even 4-way directional keys to easily move around the cursor when typing a message.

Buy Motorola Charm MB502 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Stick to the Charm

i) It has got a Cortex A-8 600MHz and PowerVR SGX 530 GPU which much better than the Galaxy Pro's MSM7227 800MHz+ Adreno 200 GPU. The Galaxy 551 has some old Samsung processor and no GPU at all IINM.

ii) Charm has 512MB RAM which is much higher than the other 2.

Only -ve of Charm is the relatively smaller battery and Android 2.1 (Cant install apps in microSD card)

DarkAngel said:
Buy Motorola Charm MB502 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Stick to the Charm

i) It has got a Cortex A-8 600MHz and PowerVR SGX 530 GPU which much better than the Galaxy Pro's MSM7227 800MHz+ Adreno 200 GPU. The Galaxy 551 has some old Samsung processor and no GPU at all IINM.

ii) Charm has 512MB RAM which is much higher than the other 2.

Only -ve of Charm is the relatively smaller battery and Android 2.1 (Cant install apps in microSD card)
Is there any way to upgrade it using 3rd party tools as is done with moto defy?

Can we get Moto droid pro? if yes from where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back