~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

What is the cheapest dual SIM (GSM/GSM) BT enabled phone? Also, suggest some cheap single SIM BT enabled phone.

Required feature:

Calling

BT to pair with the headset

FM radio (would be nice but not mandatory)

Hi guys,

I like to know what are my options for a mobile with a budget of 10k, having Wifi, Good GPS, 3G for video calling. Please tell a touchscreen one and Non touchscreen one.

A friend of mine has the following request,
" Guys need help in selecting the best phone from the below three. I'm coming from S40 and want to update myself. My usage is pretty basic with a bit of chatting, I'm more inclined towards touchscreen. I need a phone that can last ~ 2years and should be able to provide a good backup. I've shorted down my list to the following three phones :

Nokia C5-03

Sony Ericsson Elm

Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 "

Thanks in advance People. :D

My requirements are android + QWERTY. Looked around and found the Motorola DROID 3 perfect for my requirements.

1. Any news on the Droid 3's release in India?

2. Is it possible to source it from the US and get it unlocked from Verizon?

3. Alternatives? QWERTY + Android being my primary requirement, dual core preferable (will be using it for at least 2 years), but not a necessity.

Oh, and also - not really keen on the HTC Chacha :p

Hey guys,

Need to buy a phone ranging between 8k - 11k (+/- 1k). Need it for my brother who has just started off his college and he's not a very tech savvy person so he may never want to mod it et al. Have shortlisted the following: (All prices from Letsbuy.com - After using various coupons)

dell xcd35 - 9360

lg optimus one - 8500

nokia c6 - 10713

htc wildfire - 9809

Kindly suggest. Need to buy it real soon.

Thanks

beanstalk_230 said:
Hey guys,

Need to buy a phone ranging between 8k - 11k (+/- 1k). Need it for my brother who has just started off his college and he's not a very tech savvy person so he may never want to mod it et al. Have shortlisted the following: (All prices from Letsbuy.com - After using various coupons)

dell xcd35 - 9360
lg optimus one - 8500
nokia c6 - 10713
htc wildfire - 9809

Thanks
The HTC Wildfire has very low resolution and also a weaker 528MHz processor. So avoid.
The Nokia C6 has age old S60 V5 and not worth 10.7k
The Dell XCD35 is good if you install CM7 mod in it. Else people say it lags a bit. So if you can install it upfront for him then go for this this.
If no modding then go for the LG Optimus One P500. Solid handset for the price :)

beanstalk_230 said:
Hey guys,

dell xcd35 - 9360

lg optimus one - 8500

nokia c6 - 10713

htc wildfire - 9809

Thanks

LG O1 is good for its price. If not, you can consider the XCD.

Nokia is still using the old OS, so you might want to avoid that but its your choice.

The above reply pretty much covered all.

DarkAngel said:
The HTC Wildfire has very low resolution and also a weaker 528MHz processor. So avoid.
The Nokia C6 has age old S60 V5 and not worth 10.7k
The Dell XCD35 is good if you install CM7 mod in it. Else people say it lags a bit. So if you can install it upfront for him then go for this this.
If no modding then go for the LG Optimus One P500. Solid handset for the price :)
Cloud-S said:
LG O1 is good for its price. If not, you can consider the XCD.
Nokia is still using the old OS, so you might want to avoid that but its your choice.
The above reply pretty much covered all.

Thanks for the advice guys. Will ask bro to select from either LG or Dell. LG for 8500 seems a better deal but Dell's 3.5" screen is an added advantage.

Cheers

beanstalk_230 said:
Hey guys,

dell xcd35 - 9360

lg optimus one - 8500

nokia c6 - 10713

htc wildfire - 9809

Thanks

Slightly better than xcd35: (acer Liquid)

cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140590357558

has native flash support which AFAIK is not present in any of the phones you mentioned.

Galaxy S2 is better. No doubt about it. Also there were some death grip issues ala iphone with the sensation (google for it).UI is something which can always be improved. Sooner or later, stable versions of MIUI and CM will be ported to SGS II.

Hi.. need suggestion ..

A good nokia fone.. for parents class.

Budget: 7k

Brand: Strong pref for nokia S40

Camera: Yes

No touchscreen and No Qwerty.

Existing : Nokia 7230 (gonna do away with it now)

Open to other brands as well but as mentioned already.. an S40 Nokia wd do just fine.

aman.pitbull said:
" Guys need help in selecting the best phone from the below three. I'm coming from S40 and want to update myself. My usage is pretty basic with a bit of chatting, I'm more inclined towards touchscreen. I need a phone that can last ~ 2years and should be able to provide a good backup. I've shorted down my list to the following three phones :
Nokia C5-03
Sony Ericsson Elm
Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 "

Guys tell me which is the best phone from among these to be used by a very noob kind'o guy, coming from S40:

5233 6.2K (S60 9th,3.2''16M)

Motorolla Brea EX119 Rs.5.6K (2.5G,WiFi,Touch&Type Qwerty,3mpx,2.8''262K)

Nokia C5 Rs.7.3K (S60 9th,2.2''16M,3.2AFled,3.5G)

Sony Ericsson Elm Rs.7.5K (2.2''16M,5MP AF LED,3G,WiFi,ergonomic)

Samsung Star 2 Duos C6712-Dual SIM/3MP/Wi-Fi(DualSim,WiFi,3.2''262K) Rs.6.3K

Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 (Lime Green) Rs.8.3K (ANDROID,3G,WiFi,3.2''262K)

LG Optimus Me P350 Rs.7.3K (Android,3G,WiFi,2.8inch262K)

Motorola Charm MB502 Rs.8.5K (Android, 3G,WiFi,3MP,2.8''262KTouch,Qwerty)

Any XCD35 owners here? I want to buy it for my dad but my friend's XCD35 lags a lot, it's scrolling is shit as compared to my P500. Is this a common issue?
I won't put CM7 on it because I don't want to ruin it's warranty.

aman.pitbull said:
Guys tell me which is the best phone from among these to be used by a very noob kind'o guy, coming from S40:

5233 6.2K (S60 9th,3.2''16M)

Motorolla Brea EX119 Rs.5.6K (2.5G,WiFi,Touch&Type Qwerty,3mpx,2.8''262K)

Nokia C5 Rs.7.3K (S60 9th,2.2''16M,3.2AFled,3.5G)

Sony Ericsson Elm Rs.7.5K (2.2''16M,5MP AF LED,3G,WiFi,ergonomic)

Samsung Star 2 Duos C6712-Dual SIM/3MP/Wi-Fi(DualSim,WiFi,3.2''262K) Rs.6.3K

Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 (Lime Green) Rs.8.3K (ANDROID,3G,WiFi,3.2''262K)

LG Optimus Me P350 Rs.7.3K (Android,3G,WiFi,2.8inch262K)

Motorola Charm MB502 Rs.8.5K (Android, 3G,WiFi,3MP,2.8''262KTouch,Qwerty)

What are your requirements?

Guys, please help me out with this situation. I am looking for a phone (>3" screen) primarily for calling, texting, chatting and surfing to kill time. I have a budget of 6-6.5k max.

Requirements:

> 3" screen

Calling/ texting

Surfing, GPS (primary uses apart from calling)

emailing,chatting (with fring etc)

After much research i have finalised on ther Wave 525 as it seems to perfectly match my demands. However, i need to know

1. if it supports Opera Mini? (heard the dolphin browser is not so good)

2. does it support GPS?

3. Can i send / recieve mails?

Plz note: I dont want to go for a low end Android with this small budget, since i would be getting the I9103 later. and i currently own a NOkia E71, but its small screen is turning me off and browsing is not a good experience.

hence, if not 525, plz suggest another fone which would meet my criterias

Thanks a lot in advance,

Abhishek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back