~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

@dennis_nail:

Nokia X2

Specs - Nokia X2 - Full phone specifications

Price - Rs 4275

Reason to consider:

1) Reputed Nokia brand

2) 5 MP Camera with LED flash, so excellent camera

3) Great stereo speakers with dedicated music keys

Not good:

1) No 3g

2) Only 16gb microsd card support

If you are interested in Android I would suggest more than 1 phone since there are good phones at the price range of 7 - 10k. But Spice Mi-310 seems to be below 7k so I am recommending this. It is an excellent VFM phone.

Spice Mi-310

Specs - Spice Mi-310 - Full phone specifications

Price - Rs 6599

Reason to consider this phone:

1) LCD Capacitive touchscreen with 256k colors.

2) Android 2.2 so it comes with flash websites and also Wifi tethering/hotspot

3) 3G phone with HSDPA of 7.2 Mbps

Not good:

1) Camera with 2 MP. This is good for occasional pictures but cannot be used as dedicated camera.

2) Only 16gb microsd card support.

Please suggest a phone for the following requirements:

1. Budget - 15-20k

2. OS - Android Gingerbread (standard, no custom ROMS)

3. I use GPS quite often so I need a phone with a good GPS sub-system

4. Good sunlight legibility for screen

5. Good audio quality and a loud speaker (I tend to miss quite a few calls since I dont hear the phone ringing)

6. Absence of FM is not a deal-breaker but I would prefer if it was there.

Hells_Fury said:

1. Budget - 15-20k

5. Good audio quality and a loud speaker (I tend to miss quite a few calls since I dont hear the phone ringing)

Get the Galaxy S i9000. Fits your requirements well :) (I am not sure about how good its GPS is though. So wait for owners to comment on it.)

It is among the best sounding mobile phones with a Wolfsan DAC in it and has a SAMOLED screen. So you will get excellent sunlight legibility.

The current batch of phones is already shipping with GB out of box eventhough the box pack says that is Froyo.

Costs ~18.8k after using ICICILB coupon from letsbuy.

DarkAngel said:
Get the Galaxy S i9000. Fits your requirements well :) (I am not sure about how good its GPS is though. So wait for owners to comment on it.)

It is among the best sounding mobile phones with a Wolfsan DAC in it and has a SAMOLED screen. So you will get excellent sunlight legibility.

The current batch of phones is already shipping with GB out of box eventhough the box pack says that is Froyo.

Costs ~18.8k after using ICICILB coupon from letsbuy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have heard that the original Galaxy S had a lot of GPS issues though I'm not sure about the latest batch of phones. Will wait for others to comment.

DarkAngel said:
^Get the SE Xperia Mini ~ 13k. Fits your bill perfectly :)

Thanks for the advice!

My wife is not really interested in "smartphone". But she would really like a really good camera (still images), good music (both through earphone and playing loud) and touch screen to show off :) Phone should also be tough enough to be able to handle rough use!

What are the my options?

rshri said:
Thanks for the advice!
My wife is not really interested in "smartphone". But she would really like a really good camera (still images), good music (both through earphone and playing loud) and touch screen to show off :) Phone should also be tough enough to be able to handle rough use!
What are the my options?

If budget permits, Nokia N8.

niteshkhatri said:
If budget permits, Nokia N8.

Again, its a smart phone with features she doesn't care about and will never use. Good music, good stills and touch screen are only requirements. Also, I am cheapskate and will like to seal the deal within 12-13K (definitely less than 15k) :)

Hells_Fury said:

1. Budget - 15-20k

Look no further than NEXUS S

Hells_Fury said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have heard that the original Galaxy S had a lot of GPS issues though I'm not sure about the latest batch of phones. Will wait for others to comment.

Either get Defy for 15k or up your budget to some 21.5k and get Desire S. While SGS has very poor GPS, N:S is not that good when it comes to GPS.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rshri said:
Again, its a smart phone with features she doesn't care about and will never use. Good music, good stills and touch screen are only requirements. Also, I am cheapskate and will like to seal the deal within 12-13K (definitely less than 15k) :)

SE Xperia Mini (not the X10 mini, this is the newer Mini).

desiibond said:
SE Xperia Mini (not the X10 mini, this is the newer Mini).

I am getting Xperia Mini Pro for myself, so do not want to buy similar phone for wife. I am leaning towards Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Ace for my wife. How is the music playing capability in these phones? Any other alternatives (for good music, good photo, touchscreen and less than 15K price)?

rshri said:
I am getting Xperia Mini Pro for myself, so do not want to buy similar phone for wife. I am leaning towards Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Ace for my wife. How is the music playing capability in these phones? Any other alternatives (for good music, good photo, touchscreen and less than 15K price)?

stay away from both. poor battery, poor build and average display. Look for wildfire S instead. Much much better. How about you getting a Defy and passing that Mini Pro to your wife btw?

Hi there,

Well looking for a mobile for my wife who is using N73 at the moment which is kind of dying out- frequents restarts etc. Ok, so new phone requirements are

Budget around 10K

1. AF camera (minimum 5MP- preferably zeiss optics)

2. NON Touch screen - screen size minimum 2.4 "

3. Good audio

Is the nokia 6700 slide still available? any price indications?

Thanks in advance

try motorola ex119 a touch and type phone with wifi costs 6ooo rs only.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

try motorola ex109 a touch and type/ try clam shell model of motorola ex212 costs 4,500 rs. budget phones from motorola.

desiibond said:
stay away from both. poor battery, poor build and average display. Look for wildfire S instead. Much much better. How about you getting a Defy and passing that Mini Pro to your wife btw?

Thanks for the advice guys! Finally bought Samsung Wave II for my wife. Went with my wife's instincts there. She wanted a Samsung and liked the big screen. Sales guy also said that as per his observations, battery for Wave II lasts longer than other smartphones. He also said that touch interface is superior than others (whatever that means).

I have decided to buy Nokia N8 for myself. Is there presently any deal going (or coming soon) for the same. I am in no hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back