~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

AbhijithS said:
Another Requirement for the Experts

Phone Must be under 15-20k.
Large Screen with good resolution.
Min 3.2MP camera
Will be using mainly to browse/Gmail/GTalk & other sites... Minimum calls/texts.
Good Battery life.
I'm open to touch screens(not to keen on Nokia 5800)

Help me out folks!

Thx,

Go get the w910i for 12k its an amazing phone and save the rest :hap2:

Gmail,yahoo mail is not pre installed although you can get it installed easily if you dont know how PM me and also coming to Gtalk.yahoo and other messengers you can also get it installed easily any help PM me...:cool2:

aman.pitbull said:
Hi, I want to buy a phone for my sis within a budget of 6-6.5K max, I usually prefer SE;

1. It should be sturdy and water resistant(heard of a model from Intex that was waterproof).

2. Phone should look good and sport an expensive look.

3. Should have a basic camera, music player,memory card slot and FM.

You can narrow down to 3-4 phones and I'll choose them personally.

Look no further than w350i as she is girl she will love the design as well :hap2: , water resistant Hmm any special purpose dude most of the phones these are good enough to come off through an average rain provided you give a little protection but if you planning to drench it i don't think there is phone that supports that requirement as far i know

krishnavamshi24 said:
Go get the w910i for 12k its an amazing phone and save the rest :hap2:

^^ Dont really like the model!
thetoxicmind said:
The Nokia E71 (19.6k*) , Nokia N79 (19.7k*) or Nokia N78 (14k*) !

^^ I dont like E71 has a very corporate look to it. Im looking for a multimedia phone!
Also, I didnt see N78 listed on Nokia India site.

Can you guys advice some multimedia phones?

AbhijithS said:
^^ I dont like E71 has a very corporate look to it. Im looking for a multimedia phone!

[/B].

Well it is meant for the corporate world but packs most of the multimedia features desired by one.

AbhijithS said:
Also, I didnt see N78 listed on Nokia India site.

Really Strange!!!

Guess it has been phased out...

Well,what about the N79 & N82 ???

Also check out the Nokia 6260 Slide & LG Viewty...

In case Nokia has been doing the same then they are killing a very good and VFM product. Rather they wud have phased out the N73 and brought in another entry level N series instead.

Just my opinion

AbhijithS said:
I'm beginning to like N82 & Viewty but worried about support/UI... any thoughts on that?

Would be great if you can let me know the price for them as well?

The N82 has a faster & quicker symbian UI and also supports a variety of 3rd party apps !

The Viewty UI however is simple & down to earth,with lesser app. support...

In a Nutshell:

Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K* ~ Looks aside,A Strong Performer by all means !

LG KU990 Viewty ~ 17.9K* ~ A unique experience with strong multimedia features to back it up !

* Plus VAT

Hope this helped.

I have been using a WinMo for almost 4 years now. The device is a htc wizard branded 02 xda.

The good ol companion is counting its last days and i need a new cell.

Requirements in order of priority are:
1. RAM No phone is decent without a good amount of RAM
1. MS Exchange email
2. Office application word/excel Edititing
3. A2DP. I drive a lot and already have a very good a2dp headset.
4. 3G (optional if the price is interesting enough)
5. Decent battery life
6. Budget 20 can stretch to 25 for a good enough device.

Its not i did not do my homework befor opening the thread. Its just that i am confused now.

Was almost about to pick up the touch diamond initially, then learnt about the low battery life n lack of 3G, so was inclined to wards the touch pro but that lacks the 3G as well (both indian versions).

The touch 3G does not look like its worth the kinda moolah being asked for. Same for the Asus P552w.

The iphone 3G seemed like a good bet but at 30K+ it'll make me go foodless for a month .

The android too is without the all important exchange email support and hence goes for a toss.

The 5800XM looks too flimsy with all the plastic and the inconsistent UI worries me. Also i did not hear anything great on TE about the nokia exchange app.

Is the Palm pro available in india? If yes for how much and where? I mea the Pro (Winmo) not the Pre.

Are there any other good options that i have overlooked? Any information about the options that i have misread?

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

jesal said:
how much to pay for e90 black used for 2 months. all bill and stuff. used red and brown ones are available for 14-16k.

A used E90(Brown,Red) is currently valued at 8-10k and the Black Edition at around 13k !

But this of course is without original box,bill and warranty..

And prices might vary from place to place...

So,15k seems like a fair price to pay for the 2?? month old E90 Black Edition?? with bill & warranty ?? & other accessories...

@Toxicmind: i saw somwhere you posted the G1 to be at 24.7K plus taxes . Is it true? If yes where?

I just learnt that exchange support could be had for the G1 with some third party app. So i guess the only nag with the G1 is solved and i could be pretty near my dream device.

sarang said:
I have been using a WinMo for almost 4 years now. The device is a htc wizard branded 02 xda.

The good ol companion is counting its last days and i need a new cell.

Requirements in order of priority are:

1. RAM No phone is decent without a good amount of RAM

1. MS Exchange email

2. Office application word/excel Edititing

3. A2DP. I drive a lot and already have a very good a2dp headset.

4. 3G (optional if the price is interesting enough)

5. Decent battery life

6. Budget 20 can stretch to 25 for a good enough device.

Its not i did not do my homework befor opening the thread. Its just that i am confused now.

Was almost about to pick up the touch diamond initially, then learnt about the low battery life n lack of 3G, so was inclined to wards the touch pro but that lacks the 3G as well (both indian versions).

The touch 3G does not look like its worth the kinda moolah being asked for. Same for the Asus P552w.

The iphone 3G seemed like a good bet but at 30K+ it'll make me go foodless for a month .

The android too is without the all important exchange email support and hence goes for a toss.

The 5800XM looks too flimsy with all the plastic and the inconsistent UI worries me. Also i did not hear anything great on TE about the nokia exchange app.

Is the Palm pro available in india? If yes for how much and where? I mea the Pro (Winmo) not the Pre.

Are there any other good options that i have overlooked? Any information about the options that i have misread?

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

1.The HTC G1 may soon support MS Exchange..

It does support sync'n of ms exchange contacts thro an app called Wrike..

And these guys may just end up offering a solution to android users all over !

Catch up on this discussion here !

A great device otherwise !!!

2.The Asus P552w is actually a great buy,esp. considering its performance & price tag (21k*) !

3.The HTC Touch 3G is indeed expensive (24.9k*) but considering the improvementns (WinMo 6.1,GPS,528 Mhz Processor/192 MB RAM,Dimensions,3.2MP Cam, Quad-band, Longer tlk/StndBy time) over the old Touch,this sure can make a great buy AT THE RIGHT PRICE! So hunt around a little !:eek:hyeah:

4.The Palm Treo Pro hasn't released here !

5.The hefty price tag of the iPhone 3G will leave you high & dry...:hap5:

6.Yep,there have been issues with the HTC Diamond's battery life...

you'll probably have to charge it every night !

7.The 5800 :
# Limited 3rd party software availability

# UI is still immature with somewhat dodgy user experience

# Touchscreen sensitivity not the best in the class

# Poor image quality

# Touch web browser not quite polished

# No office document editing out-of-the-box

~ GSMArena

Not ideal is it?

So outta the lot...

The P552w and the Touch 3G are worth considering !

Hope this helped.

~ t.t.m ~

sarang said:
@Toxicmind: i saw somwhere you posted the G1 to be at 24.7K plus taxes . Is it true? If yes where?

I just learnt that exchange support could be had for the G1 with some third party app. So i guess the only nag with the G1 is solved and i could be pretty near my dream device.

And I just replied(was doin a bit of research myself) to your post answering the same !

Yeah,the G1 is available in Chennai for 24.9k + 4% VAT ...

my frnd is planning to get cell. (10 to 14K)
phone requirements
1. Great Music quality
2. camera 2MP or above
3. should be good for browsing and chatting. (his WAP usage is high)
4. good battery life
5. nice looking phone
preffered Sony Ericsson walkman series. Had W595 in his mind.
Thanks regards

@TheToxicMind: wow 21k sounds sweeet for the 552w. Must check in pune. Last i heard (read) it was at some 26-27k so i put it outta question.

This seems wo be the best vfm winmo ATM if you can live with qvga which i certainly can.

The touch 3G aint no better than this in any department, also the touchscreen of the 552 is touted to be as close to being capacitive as any resistive screen can be.

So for the time being my serach ends here.

Thanks n reps to you dude.

Hi i have been using w810i(gr8 phone) for 4 years now!Time to change the mobile!

1)I require a mobile which can play good music and video.
2)Camera doesnt matter
3)Touch screen prefered
4)and i like to browse and play in mobile!

Tony T13 said:
my frnd is planning to get cell. (10 to 14K)

phone requirements

1. Great Music quality

2. camera 2MP or above

3. should be good for browsing and chatting. (his WAP usage is high)

4. good battery life

5. nice looking phone

preffered Sony Ericsson walkman series. Had W595 in his mind.

Thanks regards

Your options:

Slim,no-frills music slider with a basic 2mp Cam(No AF/Flash): SE W910i ~ 12.2k*

No-nonsense music phone with a decent 3.2MP Cam(No AF/Flash): SE W760i ~ 15k*

A bridge between the above two models,good music & 3.2MP Cam(No AF/Flash): SE W595 ~ 13.8k*

A decent slider sporting a 3.2MP Cam(AF & Flash) & decent music: Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.8k*

Smartphone with decent music & a good 3.2MP Cam(AF & Flash): Nokia N78 ~ 13-15K* !

* Plus VAT

allyrocky said:
Hi i have been using w810i(gr8 phone) for 4 years now!Time to change the mobile!

2)Camera doesnt matter

3)Touch screen prefered

The BUDGET ????

allyrocky said:

2)Camera doesnt matter
3)Touch screen prefered

Mate first thing mention your budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back