~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Neotheone said:
Well guys I need a new phone for the sole purpose of using Airtel GPRS mobile office on it with my laptop..... I was hoping to get to know which is the cheapest phone with GPRS modem capabilities available in the market ....I'd like to know if the gprs class supported by the phone actually makes a difference in the speeds that are available or not ... I have a spice S-600 handset and get max speeds of around 8-9 KBPS ...on airtel Mobile office.

Can help you choose the best possible option if you could specify your budget,whatever it may be?

Do understand there are decent models at every price range...

Btw,does your Airtel mobile office connection support EDGE?

Neotheone said:
Well guys I need a new phone for the sole purpose of using Airtel GPRS mobile office on it with my laptop..... I was hoping to get to know which is the cheapest phone with GPRS modem capabilities available in the market ....I'd like to know if the gprs class supported by the phone actually makes a difference in the speeds that are available or not ... I have a spice S-600 handset and get max speeds of around 8-9 KBPS ...on airtel Mobile office.

EDGE makes a lot of difference when compared to GPRS. With EDGE you would easily get speeds >25kB/s and the speed may go up to 30kB/s. The speed depends on the no. of people in your area using MO.

If you want an inexpensive EDGE enabled phone, you can get the Nokia 3110 Classic. Its price is around 4k.

hotshot05 said:
EDGE makes a lot of difference when compared to GPRS. With EDGE you would easily get speeds >25kB/s and the speed may go up to 30kB/s. The speed depends on the no. of people in your area using MO.

If you want an inexpensive EDGE enabled phone, you can get the Nokia 3110 Classic. Its price is around 4k.

Or you have the option of investing a little more and getting one with a bigger screen for a better browsing experience !

I need help in buying a Blackberry for my uncle :

He's really inclined towards Storm 9500 and Curve 8900.

Where can I buy it from Pune need good shop.

Budget : 25-26K max.

Primary Usage : need fast and easy way to use web based email services.

aman.pitbull said:
I need help in buying a Blackberry for my uncle :

He's really inclined towards Storm 9500 and Curve 8900.

Where can I buy it from Pune need good shop.

Budget : 25-26K max.

Primary Usage : need fast and easy way to use web based email services.

Get the Blackberry Curve 8900 !!!

Retails for 26.8K (+VAT)

Suggest me a phone;

-Budget max about 6k(less the better)

-Big comfortable keys

-Fast operation/bootup

-Long battery life

-good contact management/grouping features

-good PC software, net

I won't be using it as an mp3 player/games etc, camera isn't very important but ok. If there is some sort of free gps thing I can have, that too would be a nice thing. WiFi would also be a good feature to have as I can use it to connect to my college network.

I checked around in the net and something like the E50/51 is what I ideally want but the E51 stretches my budget way too much.

dont you think you are asking for too much in 6k. And at the same time you want everything to be best of class too.

Wifi and GPS enabled phones are way beyond your budget limit...

I guess the gurus would share my opinion here

The reason I mentioned gps/wifi separately was because they aren't absolute necessities and the rest of the features I listed are available in even phones of around 2.5-3k range.

chiron said:
Suggest me a phone;
-Budget max about 6k(less the better)
-Big comfortable keys
-Fast operation/bootup
-Long battery life
-good contact management/grouping features
-good PC software, net

I won't be using it as an mp3 player/games etc, camera isn't very important but ok. If there is some sort of free gps thing I can have, that too would be a nice thing. WiFi would also be a good feature to have as I can use it to connect to my college network.

I checked around in the net and something like the E50/51 is what I ideally want but the E51 stretches my budget way too much.

chiron said:
The reason I mentioned gps/wifi separately was because they aren't absolute necessities and the rest of the features I listed are available in even phones of around 2.5-3k range.
Okey now lets see what can be done when it comes to your basic needs.
Agree that rest of basic features can be had at 2.5k to 3k but considering net I would like to add a few points. GPRS enabled phones start at this range but if you nead EDGE (enhanced GPRS) which is required for a decent (yes decent and not awesome) browsing experience you will require EDGE and usage charges for the same would be around 350 give or take per month on most networks.

At under 6k you can look at nokia 3110C and similar phones

In case you want GPS(navigation) and Wifi, the cheapest option would be Asus P320 which is a very decent Windows mobile based phone available at most shops @ 10.5 to 11k but you can buy it under 9k at ebay. But remember the battery life wont be gr8 and the processor is also not the best.

Hope this helped.
Feel free to ask more specific questions

sato1986 said:
Looking for a Phone costing = or less than 4k

Need Guud camera and it shudnt be ultra delicate

Your options, in the following order:

1.Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.3K*
2.Nokia N5000 ~ 4.2K*
3.LG KP220 ~ 4.1K*

=< 4k:

1. SE T280 ~ 4K*
2. Nokia 2680 Slide ~ 3.8K*
3. Moto W388 ~ 3.3K*
4. Nokia 2600 classic ~ 3K*

* Plus VAT

dafreaking said:
Please help me decide between the E63 and the Palm Centro...the palm is 4000 is cheaper...

It is indeed cheaper as it lacks quite a few features that the E63 boasts.

Overall,the E63 offers a lot for its price and is definitely recommended !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back