~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

chiron said:
Suggest me a phone;

-Budget max about 6k(less the better)

-Big comfortable keys

-Fast operation/bootup

-Long battery life

-good contact management/grouping features

-good PC software, net

I won't be using it as an mp3 player/games etc, camera isn't very important but ok. If there is some sort of free gps thing I can have, that too would be a nice thing. WiFi would also be a good feature to have as I can use it to connect to my college network.

I checked around in the net and something like the E50/51 is what I ideally want but the E51 stretches my budget way too much.

Here are your options for under 6k:

1.SE W350i ~ 5.8K*

2.Nokia 3500 Classic ~ 5.3K*

3.SE Z555 ~ 5.6K*

4.Samsung J700 ~ 5.6K*

* Plus VAT

motorheadinc said:
dont you think you are asking for too much in 6k. And at the same time you want everything to be best of class too.

Wifi and GPS enabled phones are way beyond your budget limit...

Well, your definitely right about that !!!

dafreaking said:
I hope your right... ditched the Centro... bought the E63. Should reach here soon

Whether you call Nokia E63 the economy package - or stimulus package, in the jargon of the day - you're looking at a capable business device. It brings the essential skills of the E71, and only sacrifices looks to round off that sweetly trimmed price tag. The lacking GPS comes closest to but still can't be a definite no-go. Even without it, the E63 is a strong enough offer to consider.

Besides, the E63 is not all about downgrading the E71. Whether Nokia want to expand the reach of their Enterprise lineup just like they do with the Nseries, or try to secure some mass demand for a truly elaborate and capable device like the E71, the result looks worth it and we are sure it will get as popular as E51.

Better Spec-wise & design-wise !

Btw,did you even consider the Moto Q9h?

chiron said:
^^ so, what is the lowest wifi enabled phone? I can forgo gps too.
The cheapest phone with wi-fi is Asus P320 if bought from Ebay India. The P320 has Sirf Star III GPS chip too. It costs around 10k on Ebay. It runs on Windows Mobile. It has touchscreen too.

E51 is the cheapest phone with wi-fi if Symbian OS is considered. It may be the cheapest phone with wi-fi if bought from a normal shop.

@amitmishra12 The Nokia 5320 is a total VFM mobile which is proved by the fact that you can see it everywhere. It is better to buy a more common but proven product than buy some rare uncommon product with which you may face many problems later on and may even regret your decision to have ever bought that.

But if you still want some recommendations, check out the Motorola ROKR EM30, Sony Ericsson W580i, Samsung Beat 270, Nokia 5220XM.

You can also check out the Motorola MING A1200, Motorola ROKR U9(not sure if it is ROKR or PEBL but the model no is U9) and Nokia 3600 slide(even though they are not music centric phones) if you want to be totally different from the rest of the crowd.

amitmishra12 said:
m looking for a good music phone worth 10k(plz nt the 5320) its quite common these days

anything else at this price point?

Your options:

Nokia 5320 XM ~ 9.8K*

SE W580i ~ 9.2K*

Moto EM30 ~ 8.4K*

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 8K*

Nokia 5310 XM ~ 7.9K*

Nokia 5220 XM ~ 7.5K*

* Plus 4% VAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back