~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

amitmishra12 said:
...Now i ll buy another phone...so this time these are the req's

3. Budget- minimum possible... .)

1. 3.5mm jack

2. Upto 8gb(or atleast 4gb)

Your options:

1. Nokia 5220 XM ~ 7.5K*

2. Nokia 5310 XM ~ 8K*

3. Samsung M3510 ~ 8.1K*

4. Moto EM30 ~ 8.4K*

* Plus 4% VAT

aditya_bha said:
Is IPhone 2G selling in India ???
At What Price ??
What is the basic difference b/w Iphone 2G and 3G ??

The basic difference between the two is that the 2G version only supports EDGE and GPRS while the 3G version supports 3G along with EDGE and GPRS.
The OS of the 2G version can be updated to the one found on the 3G version.

Apple has discontinued sales of the 2G version and so you will find only 2nd hand models of the 2G version in the market.

bit confused what to buy and wat not, I was thinking of g8ng an N78, but got to know that it has been phased out :(

My budget is arnd 13-15k

Requirments
1. Excellent sound ouput
2. Supports atleast a 4GB card without slowing down
3. Nokia Preferably
4. S60 support as I have 2800 useful messages from my old N70
5. Camera 2MP or higher
6. Long battery life

Gurus some advice urgent advice needed here
Help me out

aditya_bha said:
bit confused what to buy and wat not, I was thinking of g8ng an N78, but got to know that it has been phased out :(

My budget is arnd 13-15k

Requirments

1. Excellent sound ouput

2. Supports atleast a 4GB card without slowing down

3. Nokia Preferably

4. S60 support as I have 2800 useful messages from my old N70

5. Camera 2MP or higher

6. Long battery life

Gurus some advice urgent advice needed here

Help me out

It has been phased out but nevertheless a wise choice considering its price !

You don't have too many options for 15k...

Just the Nokia 6210 Navigator & Nokia N81 8GB.

Nokia N78 ~ 3.2MP Cam/AF/Flash , Upto 8GB mem. ~ 13-15K*

Nokia 6210 Navigator ~ 3.2MP Cam/AF/Flash , Upto 8GB mem. ~ 14K*

Nokia N81 8GB ~ 2MP Cam/Flash , 8GB Int. mem. ~ 15.4K*

* Plus 4% VAT

Hey toxic,

I was looking for a phone around 15k.

I needed a business oriented touch screen phone(for my dad, but then Ill want to use it too at times as he is not a gadget freek:p)

The Asus p320 sells at arnd 10k which comes to my mind due to its amazing price but the specs of 5800 blow me away although its almost double the price. What features are there in the 5800 for business oriented people that the asus doesnt have apart from 3g probably....I have to convince someone which is why Im asking for a good excuse to get the Nokia instead:p:p

Do you have any other similar mobiles in mind around the 15k range? Wifi is a must, should be reliable and have a smooth interface.

Thanks

TerrorBlade said:
Hey toxic,

I needed a business oriented touch screen phone(for my dad, but then Ill want to use it too at times as he is not a gadget freek:p)

The Asus p320 sells at arnd 10k which comes to my mind due to its amazing price but the specs of 5800 blow me away although its almost double the price. What features are there in the 5800 for business oriented people that the asus doesnt have apart from 3g probably....I have to convince someone which is why Im asking for a good excuse to get the Nokia instead:p:p

Do you have any other similar mobiles in mind around the 15k range? Wifi is a must, should be reliable and have a smooth interface.

Thanks

Recommendation:

HTC Touch Viva ~ 15K*

amitmishra12 said:
^^ the HTC P3400 (9k) or HTC love(12k-13k)(dont rem. the model no. :S)

HTC P3400 - No WiFi

HTC P3350 Love - A bit old & only 64 MB Ram

* Plus 4% VAT

Umm.....do you have any other in mind. My brother has the HTC touch and apparently the viva doesnt have very nice ratings on gsmarena....Any other...And, as I asked earlier, what about the 5800, does it have the same features that a business oriented phone should have with some extra whistles or not?

TerrorBlade said:
Umm.....do you have any other in mind. My brother has the HTC touch and apparently the viva doesnt have very nice ratings on gsmarena....Any other...And, as I asked earlier, what about the 5800, does it have the same features that a business oriented phone should have with some extra whistles or not?

Well,the Viva is faster and offers all the necessary features...

The 5800 definitely packs the necessary bells & whistles although slightly more multimedia oriented...

Also means missing out on certain Windows specific apps & overall scalability...

All this come at a price though!

And there are more options for over 19K...

TerrorBlade said:
Hey toxic,

Thanks

Since you need a touchscreen business oriented phone, the Samsung i780 is your best bet even though it costs around Rs.17-18k. It runs Windows Mobile, has a touchscreen and even has a physical QWERTY keyboard(its keys are a bit smaller than the E71 though).
It runs Windows Mobile 6 and has the Marvell Xscale 600 Mhz processor and 128MB RAM. Because of the processor and RAM, Windows Mobile wont feel as sluggish as it would have had on a Asus P320(it has an old 200Mhz processor and 64 MB RAM).
Also convincing your father to buy an i780 would be easier than making him buy the 5800XM.

But I am not sure that Windows Mobile has a smooth interface ;-)

Thanks.
I went to a store and the guy said that the SE P1i was selling very well as compared to the HTC Touch Viva and is for the same price but it had a 3.2mp cam with flash and 3g....I know its an old model but how does it compare to the HTC even though its a QWERTY based phone....Does it have a sluggish processor and RAM in comparison?

TerrorBlade said:
Thanks.

I went to a store and the guy said that the SE P1i was selling very well as compared to the HTC Touch Viva and is for the same price but it had a 3.2mp cam with flash and 3g....I know its an old model but how does it compare to the HTC even though its a QWERTY based phone....Does it have a sluggish processor and RAM in comparison?

Never listen to the sales rep. !!!

his job is to sell stuff, by all means...

Rely on Reviews & user opinions rather than sales figures...

And the P1i's UIQ OS is officially dead !:no:

UIQ filed for bankruptcy in January 2009.

So no more UIQ based handsets/development/apps...

And the P1i lacks EDGE...

That means sticking to 3G or WiFi for the best browsing experience...

You'd be better off with a Win Mobile based phone...

thetoxicmind said:
It has been phased out but nevertheless a wise choice considering its price !
You don't have too many options for 15k...
Just the Nokia 6210 Navigator & Nokia N81 8GB.

Nokia N78 ~ 3.2MP Cam/AF/Flash , Upto 8GB mem. ~ 13-15K*
Nokia 6210 Navigator ~ 3.2MP Cam/AF/Flash , Upto 8GB mem. ~ 14K*
Nokia N81 8GB ~ 2MP Cam/Flash , 8GB Int. mem. ~ 15.4K*

* Plus 4% VAT

Can u plz confirm me that has N78 is phased out or not...

I am really confused as to what to go for and wat not

Basically I need a Nokia as I have some useful SMSes from my old N70
Can series 40 phones like 6500 slide run N70 format SMS if I place the mail folder in System/Mail of the memory card.

Any other smartphones in 10-15k range..
Gurus Plz suggest :huh: :huh:

hmmmm....the camera being 2mp on the viva and the i780 is average.....I would rather side with the i780 coz of the better processor and qwerty.....What do u think about the SE G700(costs arnd 14k) and the SE G900(arnd 20k) because they have decent 3mp and 5mp cams respectively and other nice features though I think they lack EDGE which really sucks....Does the G900 have 3g though and wifi? Can u suggest any other nice reliable phones considering the type of features i want.

Preferance:
1) use of internet on the go
2) Cam
3) Reliable

Thats all I want really. Any pics? i can stretch my budget to a little over 15 If its really worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back