~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

dr.syedfarhan said:
I m using nokia 6233 since 10 months and also hav a sony t20 8.1 MP digicam,and i often find it cumbersome carrying the digicam wth me and make sure it is fully charged so now i m planning to dispose both the devices and looking for a mobile phone wth a decent cam. As for my usuage I ll be mostly using it for taking pics of xrays and clinical photographs of patients indoors.

I wont be using it for gaming or music, its just cam and for making calls and occassional smses. so my priorities are (in the same order)

1. picture quality

2. battery life

3. durable,rugged as i m looking for a long termer

4. would be an added advantage if its light weight and sleek looking

And i would be glad if someone can answer my second query too ie how much can i expect for my 10month ol 6233 and a year old sony t20 digicam. Can i expect a decent price if i give it in exchange for a new phone in retail outlets like univercell.

Do specify your budget ?!

And stores like Univercell will probably reduce the price by a max. of 2K on exchange of your 6233...

dr.syedfarhan said:
sorry forgot to do that,its around 12-15k so exchanging my cell at univercell doesnt seem to be a good option considering i bought by 6233 just 1o months back for 7k :(

2K is the max. you can expect on exchange.

Could probably get a little more by selling it depending on its condition & box contents..

Anyways,these are the best options available:

SE K810 ~ 3.2MP/AF/XF ~ 10.2K*

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 3.2MP/AF/LF ~ 12.9K*

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 3.2MP/AF/LF ~ 13.8K*

SE C702 ~ 3.2MP/AF/LF ~ 14.5K*

Nokia N78 ~ 3.2MP/AF/LF ~ 13-15K*

Moto ZN5 ~ 5MP/AF/XF ~ 15.5K*

So look up these models and see which suits you the best !

AF-Auto Focus , LF-LED Flash , XF-Xenon Flash

* Plus 4% VAT

Hope this helps.

setuniket said:
N78 vs N81(both version) which one is better...

The Nokia N78 is more of an all-rounder whereas the N81 8GB is purely multimedia oriented.

Simply put...
If your into mobile gaming,watching movies & listening to music and don't really expect anything else in terms of productivity from your phone, then the N81 GB is for you !!!

The N78 on the other hand is a sturdier alternative that offers a little bit of everything at just the right amounts ! Offers higher productivity and value for money in my opinion considering what it offers at its price...
Last but not the least,the N78 has a 3.2MP Carl-Zeiss camera module compared to the standard 2MP cam on the N81...

So you really need to weigh your requirements and go in for the most appropriate among the two.

Nokia N81 8GB ~ 15.3K*
Nokia N78 ~ 13-15K*

Hope this helped.

* Plus 4% VAT

var89 said:
hey toxicmind. I just bought a motorazr2 v9x from US. Its locked to AT&T. Can you tell me where can i get it unlocked.

PS: I tried EBay with no success.

ERR...DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A "PHONE UNLOCKING" THREAD !?

Anyways,its easier to get it done in the US and you should have done the same.

There are very few service centres/mobile repair shops that specialize in phone unlocking and they don't really ADVERTISE such services.

So you may have a tough time finding one and suggest you start asking around asap...

Please refrain from posting such irrelevant queries in this thread.

Aladdin said:
Budget 10k.

Needs- good mp3 player and camera.

Well you see,most MUSIC centric devices below 10k tend to focus on just that ! So the camera is just an extra...

Point I'm trying to make her is you'll have to do with a standard 2mp camera if music is your top priority (which I'm assuming)...

Mentioned below are your options as far as music phones are concerned:

1.Nokia 5310 XM ~ 8K*

2.SE W580 ~ 9.2K*

3.Moto EM30 ~ 8.4K*

4.Samsung M3510 ~ 8.1K*

5.Nokia 5220 XM ~ 7.5K*

If your ready to push your budget to 11K...

There's the popular choice,the Nokia 5610 XM which should meet your requirements perfectly...

Hope this helps.

* Plus 4% VAT

^^
Where did the Nokia 5320XM go?

Is the 5610XM so popular? Is it more popular than the 5320?

@Alladin To that list, add the Samsung Beat 270 too. I think its price is around 9k.

Hi again TTM

My friend wants a new phone for the BSNL 3G servicew and I just want your opinion on it. Following are the requirements:-

1. Budget less than 15K
2. 3G with good broswer and big screen
3. Camera is not so important, Music is
4. Good build quality
5. Nokia and Sony Ericcsson are the preferred brands

thanks in advance

hotshot05 said:
^^
Where did the Nokia 5320XM go?

Is the 5610XM so popular? Is it more popular than the 5320?

@Alladin To that list, add the Samsung Beat 270 too. I think its price is around 9k.

I haven't added the 5320XM because of its mediocre battery life for a music phone !!!
The 5610XM on the other hand is a well balanced device featuring a much better camera compared to the 5320XM...

The M3510 I've mentioned is not only cheaper than the F270 by 1K but also offers the same specs in addition to which it offers a 3.5mm audio jack , an accelerometer and a better looking design !!! IMHO,seems more VFM than the F270.

@netwitx Ask your friend to search for a Nokia N78. Its the best value for money ph in that range. But since it has been discontinued, availability may be a problem.

He can get the Nokia 6210 Navigator too.

If your friends a music phone which has 3G but does not mind a mediocre 2MP camera, the Samsung i450 is the best phone. It retails for near about Rs.11.8k nowadays.

netwitx said:
Hi again TTM

My friend wants a new phone for the BSNL 3G servicew and I just want your opinion on it. Following are the requirements:-

1. Budget less than 15K
2. 3G with good broswer and big screen
3. Camera is not so important, Music is
4. Good build quality
5. Nokia and Sony Ericcsson are the preferred brands

thanks in advance

Recommendations:

1.SE W705 ~ 15.8K*
2.Nokia N78 ~ 13-15k*
3.SE C702 ~ 14.5K*
4.Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.8K*
5.Nokia N81 8GB ~ 15.4K*
6.Nokia 6500 slide ~ 12.9K*
7.Nokia 6210 Navigator ~ 14K*

Hope this helps.

Thanks TTM and Rahul so such, ttm your previous help and also rahuls, I took my sis to select the phone out of N78 and N81. and she finally selected 5800XM :p

Dented my pockted 3k more but still its worth it..

manu1991 said:
My sister wants to buy a phone , can you suggest one , the only thing she wants is a good camera , budget 10k

In that range, get the SE K790i or SE K810i for great camera. Though the Nokia 3600 Slide has a 3MP camera it is very mediocre in quality compared to the above mentioned SE phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back