~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Speedz said:
Yea i am talkin once the memory is used up .

I mean once you cross 50% of the memory it slows down like crazy. Makes you just feel like bangin it on the floor.

Are you referring to a Symbian(S60)based phone?If so,that's because of the phone's processing power & amount of free memory...
S40 phones are generally fast and only show signs of lag when a memory card with a capacity beyond what's supported is used.

@ttm, Apart from these phones -(5130xm,7210 supernova,3110) ,what would you recommend for a max of 6k.

need something thats an all rounder.

btw the 5130 supports sdhc cards upto 8gb acc to the specs on Gsmarena

Speedz said:
Yea i am talkin once the memory is used up .

I mean once you cross 50% of the memory it slows down like crazy. Makes you just feel like bangin it on the floor.

the earlier S60 phones had that problem. but trust me the newer S60 phones (FP1 and later) are very fast and never slow down even if memory is filled till the last kb.

kkndka said:
@ttm, Apart from these phones -(5130xm,7210 supernova,3110) ,what would you recommend for a max of 6k.

need something thats an all rounder.

btw the 5130 supports sdhc cards upto 8gb acc to the specs on Gsmarena

Other decent options:

SE W350i ~ 5.6K*

Samsung J700 ~ 5.5K*

Nokia 3500 Classic ~ 5.3K*

Moto EM325 ~ 4.8K*

LG KP320 ~ 4.1K*

And yes,the Nokia 5130 XM supports microSD cards upto 8GB but I'd suggest a max. of 4GB for optimal performance !

*Plus 4% VAT

I am looking for a mobile phone for 20k or below. Preferably Nokia. I currently use an E51 and want something as fast and versatile.

I was looking at the N79. Getting it for 19,600/-. How is it?

Please advice. TIA.

Mohit said:
I am looking for a mobile phone for 20k or below. Preferably Nokia. I currently use an E51 and want something as fast and versatile.

I was looking at the N79. Getting it for 19,600/-. How is it?

Please advice. TIA.

If you'd really like to step up from your E51...

Get the Nokia E71 (19.6K*) !

Other options...

Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K* ~ If you need an all-rounder with a really good camera !

Nokia N79 ~ 19.6K* ~ An appealing all-rounder indeed.

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 19.1K* ~ It speaks for itself !

A few more if your interested...

Moto VE66 ~ 19.1K*

Samsung F480 ~ 17.6K*

Nokia 6260 Slide ~ 17.2K*

SE W705 ~ 15.8K*

Hope this helped.

* Plus 4% VAT

^nok 5130 dosnt support upto 8gb. . .got thd phone yesterday 8gb kingston card aint workin . . . And i guess ther are few typo's on gsmarena acc. To there specs it also lacks video playback/recordin. . .but that feature is present :)
have a look at the 3120classic it spprts 8gig cards

Hii there, I m going for a Nokia N78, for it is loadful of features. I have reconsidered about the little abnormal keypad also.

Many people are telling that it is stopped in India as FM transmitter is against the law, but i can find it in many shops here...shud i go for it at 13.5k

yogi7272 said:
^^^^

Get n82 eyes closed :hap2:

thetoxicmind said:
If you'd really like to step up from your E51...

Get the Nokia E71 (19.6K*) !

Other options...

Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K* ~ If you need an all-rounder with a really good camera !

Nokia N79 ~ 19.6K* ~ An appealing all-rounder indeed.

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 19.1K* ~ It speaks for itself !

A few more if your interested...

Moto VE66 ~ 19.1K*

Samsung F480 ~ 17.6K*

Nokia 6260 Slide ~ 17.2K*

SE W705 ~ 15.8K*

Hope this helped.

* Plus 4% VAT

Nokia 5800XM looks good but I don't know if its as good as the Iphone. And people were telling me to stay away from it.

Just confused between the N79 and N82. Might go for the N79 as it has a better battery.

By the way, which flash is better? Xenon or LED?

amitmishra12 said:
^nok 5130 dosnt support upto 8gb. . .got thd phone yesterday 8gb kingston card aint workin . . . And i guess ther are few typo's on gsmarena acc. To there specs it also lacks video playback/recordin. . .but that feature is present :)
have a look at the 3120classic it spprts 8gig cards

thetoxicmind said:
Other decent options:

SE W350i ~ 5.6K*
Samsung J700 ~ 5.5K*
Nokia 3500 Classic ~ 5.3K*
Moto EM325 ~ 4.8K*
LG KP320 ~ 4.1K*

And yes,the Nokia 5130 XM supports microSD cards upto 8GB but I'd suggest a max. of 4GB for optimal performance !

*Plus 4% VAT

Well I did suggest a MAX. of 4GB !:p
And it wasn't just Gsmarena.com,MOST of the other mobile phone sites listed "upto 8gb support"...
"Upto 2gb support" was only listed on Nokia's site
:S

Mohit said:
Nokia 5800XM looks good but I don't know if its as good as the Iphone. And people were telling me to stay away from it.

Just confused between the N79 and N82. Might go for the N79 as it has a better battery.

1.The 5800 XM & the iPhone are a class apart,Add to that their price difference !

Both these phones cater to users with slightly different requirements...

If your doubtful about the 5800 XM,check out some reviews & user opinions to reassure yourself.

2.The Xenon Indeed !

And it has be proven that the N82 still takes better images than the N79...

So if you really need a good camera,get the N82 !

Else

if you prefer a slightly better battery life & the convenient keypad,get the N79...

My vote goes for the N82 !:hap2:

ioncsachin said:
Hii there, I m going for a Nokia N78, for it is loadful of features. I have reconsidered about the little abnormal keypad also.

Many people are telling that it is stopped in India as FM transmitter is against the law, but i can find it in many shops here...shud i go for it at 13.5k

Unfortunately,it is true.

Word has it that the new Nokia N78 won’t have its prized FM Transmitter feature in some markets. Which of course could be a bad thing, since it limits the phone’s overall functionality.

The FM Transmitter feature in the Nokia N78 is arguably one of its biggest selling points, as its other specs are pretty much standard to high-end Nokia phones nowadays. So to take away this feature is like leaving it crippled in today’s highly competitive mobile phone market.

The Nokia N78 made its first appearance in Finland some time ago, and there it has been confirmed to have the FM transmitter feature. However, users from France, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, and Italy are reportedly not going to have this feature built-in with their Nokia N78 units.The reason being that having an unregistered transmitter is against the law in certain countries.

More daring users should be able to remedy this by doing a software workaround, but this will no doubt void the unit’s warranty, and in case the phone goes bonkers will ultimately cause more problems in the long run.

In the end, it will be up to the user if he/she will live without the FM transmitter feature which others are enjoying elsewhere around the world. The Nokia N78 is a great phone without it anyway, so maybe this little glitch would be forgiveable.

^

So if you want to take a risk,go ahead with the version available(with FM Transmitter) or try looking for the new version without it...

Remember,Your safe as long as you don't use the transmitter !

And yes,at that price its a steal !

Mohit said:

Dude only buy n82. proven performer. Best nokia till date. Better hardware platform, awesome camera and xenon flash, more free ram to work with , its just way way better than n79. Dont get fooled by n79 looks. n82 anyday over n79 :) I just cant get it why over here in india n79 is preferred over n82 :huh:

thetoxicmind said:

Unfortunately,it is true.

^
So if you want to take a risk,go ahead with the version available(with FM Transmitter) or try looking for the new version without it...
Remember,Your safe as long as you don't use the transmitter !

And yes,at that price its a steal !
But i dont think that i will be using FM transmitter ever, i was attracted to the phone for it has both GPS and Wifi at such a low price, i wish it had accelerometer in place of FM transmitter. So it wont matter if the FM transmitter is not thr.

Is N78 still available?

I find it to be fairly loaded with everything from Cam, wifi, FM, etc. At a good price.

Only -ves are keypad & slow speed, but I guess I can live with these!

its available at many places....but i think only till stock lasts....and it is available at variable prices from 12300-21000(including bluetooth and some extras).....most of the shops will tell that production is closed and thats true here in india....but know what, a nokia center told me that they can bring it if i pay them little advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back