~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

gauravraina22 said:
What better alternatives do i have if i am going for the Nokia N78
thats retailing for about Rs.12,400 :huh:

Well,the N78 is a steal at that price !

And why aren't you considering the options I've mentioned earlier or have you reduced your budget???

If so,here's what you can consider for upto 13K:

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.8K*
LG KP500 Cookie ~ 12.8K*
Nokia E63 ~ 12.2K*
Nokia E51 ~ 12.1K*
Asus P527 ~ 12K*
Samsung i450 ~ 11.7k*

* Plus 4% VAT

*~ DO dA MUSIK ! ~*

Here's a list to help all those looking to buy a music phone !

And as always, it addresses specific budgets...

The list only contains music-centric models.

Upto 5K:

Moto EM325 ~ 4.8K*

SE W200 ~ 3.8K*

Moto W388 ~ 3.3K*

5K-10K:

Nokia 5320 XM ~ 9.8K*

Moto Rokr E6 ~ 9.3K*

SE W580 ~ 8.8K*

SE W660i ~ 8.5K*

Moto EM30 ~ 8.4K*

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 8.1K*

Nokia 5310 XM ~ 8K*

Nokia 5220 XM ~ 7.5K*

SE W302 ~ 7K*

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*

SE W350i ~ 5.5K*

10K-15K :

SE W760i ~ 15K*

SE W890 ~ 14.6K*

SE W830 ~ 14.3K*

SE W595 ~ 13.5K*

Moto Rokr E8 ~ 12.3K*

SE W910 ~ 11.8K*

Samsung i450 ~ 11.7K*

Moto EM35 ~ 11.4K*

Nokia 5610 XM ~ 11K*

LG KM710 ~ 10.9K*

15K-20K:

SE W902 ~ 19.1K*

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 19K*

SE W705 ~ 15.8K*

Over 20K:

SE W960 ~ 23.6K*

Hope this helped.

* Plus 4% VAT

hello all,

I have been using a n95 all this while, and pretty happy with it, barring the battery life, so my sis's fone conked off, and I am giving her my n95, and now I need to get a new one pretty soon like maybe today or early next week

Pls suggest a fone for arnd 20k, and if its worth it, I can stretch it to 25k if really worth it, here are my requirements

-Good for music, the speaker should be good, cause thats what I use 90% of the time

-better battery life !!!!

-Wifi

- decent screen resolution

-Good camera, atleast equivalent to my n95

So I was leaning towards trying the nokia 5800, looks interesting, but not too sure how I would take to touch screen, love to try it out tho. Other options Omnia (i900), HTC Diamond, Iphone 3G slightly above my budget, not sure if its worth it..

There is this really good deal for the 5800 on ebay, not too sure about the dealer though so..

eBay India: New Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mobile + warranty + Bill (item 280321135893 end time 17-Mar-2009 09:00:00 IST)

What do you guys think???

Pls suggest. TIA

PS- Loved the n97, but I just feel paying 38k for a fone is pushing it!!

Jasku said:
hello all,

I have been using a n95 all this while, and pretty happy with it, barring the battery life, so my sis's fone conked off, and I am giving her my n95, and now I need to get a new one pretty soon like maybe today or early next week

Pls suggest a fone for arnd 20k, and if its worth it, I can stretch it to 25k if really worth it, here are my requirements

-Good for music, the speaker should be good, cause thats what I use 90% of the time

-better battery life !!!!

-Wifi

- decent screen resolution

-Good camera, atleast equivalent to my n95

So I was leaning towards trying the nokia 5800, looks interesting, but not too sure how I would take to touch screen, love to try it out tho. Other options Omnia (i900), HTC Diamond, Iphone 3G slightly above my budget, not sure if its worth it..

There is this really good deal for the 5800 on ebay, not too sure about the dealer though so..

eBay India: New Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mobile + warranty + Bill (item 280321135893 end time 17-Mar-2009 09:00:00 IST)

What do you guys think???

Pls suggest. TIA

PS- Loved the n97, but I just feel paying 38k for a fone is pushing it!!

1. As per your requirements...

I'd suggest the following:

1. Nokia N85 ~ 23.4K*

2. SE C905 ~ 26.8K*

3. SE W960 ~ 23.6K*
(3MP CAM though)

2. Just a thought but why not get yourself the newer Nokia N95 8GB???

It's better than the original N95 in a few respects and still is a great device !

3. With the Apple iPhone, you stand to lose out on a few of your requirements...

Yes,it's a fun experience but are you sure you'll be satisfied with only that?? It does lack a few generic features...

Also a slightly more expensive proposition !

4. If you are to consider the Nokia 5800 XM,I strongly suggest you use one and see if your comfortable using it(the TS interface)! Apart from that,it sure is an entertaining device that serves your purpose !

5. Only consider phones above 25k if your willing to further stretch your budget...

You ought to set a limit somewhere !

Hope this helped.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
1. As per your requirements...
I'd suggest the following:
1# Nokia N85 ~ 23.4K*
2# SE C905 ~ 26.8K*
3# SE W960 ~ 23.6K*
(3MP CAM though)

2. Just a thought but why not get yourself the newer Nokia N95 8GB???
It's better than the original N95 in a few respects and still is a great device !

3. With the Apple iPhone, you stand to lose out on a few of your requirements...
Yes,it's a fun experience but are you sure you'll be satisfied with only that?? It does lack a few generic features...
Also a slightly more expensive proposition !

4. If you are to consider the Nokia 5800 XM,I strongly suggest you use one and see if your comfortable using it(the TS interface)! Apart from that,it sure is an entertaining device that serves your purpose !

5. Only consider phones above 25k if your willing to further stretch your budget...
You ought to set a limit somewhere !

Hope this helped.

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks TTM, somehow dunno if i should go for SE??...and u dint say anything about the Omnia and the DIamond??...also ..I am getting a good deal on a n96 for like 24k, do u think I should get that ???..but I have read reviews about the n96 having design issues etc, so wasnt too keen.

Jasku said:
Thanks TTM, somehow dunno if i should go for SE??...and u dint say anything about the Omnia and the DIamond??...also ..I am getting a good deal on a n96 for like 24k, do u think I should get that ???..but I have read reviews about the n96 having design issues etc, so wasnt too keen.

1. Although,its packed to core with multimedia features, the Nokia N96 does indeed have issues pertaining to its ergonomics.Supposedly a chore to use for most functions.And considering the features offered, the battery life is simply inadequate!

The 24K price is definitely tempting for a phone that costs (close to)10K more but then design compromises are simply unacceptable !

2. Between the Omnia & Diamond,the obvious choice would be the Samsung i900 Omnia ! :cool2:

Why the Omnia ?

Better Processor

Bigger Display

Simpler UI

Generous Storage

5 MP Camera

Higher Battery Capacity

Where it loses out to the Diamond:

Attractive TouchFlow3D UI

VGA Display

So there you go !

Your options have been explained and it's now upto you to decide...

~ T.T.M ~

hotshot05 said:
^^

The N96 is not worth all that money. Its better to buy the N85 or N95 8GB.

thetoxicmind said:
1. Although,its packed to core with multimedia features, the Nokia N96 does indeed have issues pertaining to its ergonomics.Supposedly a chore to use for most functions.And considering the features offered, the battery life is simply inadequate!

The 24K price is definitely tempting for a phone that costs (close to)10K more but then design compromises are simply unacceptable !

2. Between the Omnia & Diamond,the obvious choice would be the Samsung i900 Omnia ! :cool2:

Why the Omnia ?

Better Processor

Bigger Display

Simpler UI

Generous Storage

5 MP Camera

Higher Battery Capacity

Where it loses out to the Diamond:

Attractive TouchFlow3D UI

VGA Display

So there you go !

Your options have been explained and it's now upto you to decide...

~ T.T.M ~

thanks guys.....now i am totally confused...but ill go to wavetel in a coupla days and see which phone I fancy...keep u guys posted...alltho the ebay deal on the 5800Xm is very tempting 17.5k...

Jasku said:
thanks guys.....now i am totally confused...but ill go to wavetel in a coupla days and see which phone I fancy...keep u guys posted...alltho the ebay deal on the 5800Xm is very tempting 17.5k...

I take it that you don't wanna get the N95(8GB) again?

Anyways, Just to give you some direction...

*Full-fledged device , High-end , WinMo functionality : Samsung Omnia

*Simple & Entertaining, on a budget : Nokia 5800 XM

*All-rounder, Symbian alternatives :

1. Nokia N85

2. SE C905 (Best camera of the lot!)

You have four options.Choose Well ! :hap2:

~ T.T.M ~

gizmoholic said:
^ @ Toxic :- I think the N79 is a better buy than N85. What do you think?

The N85 is way better than the N79 just only because of the OLED screen.
You can consider the N79 only if your budget is limited, otherwise there is no reason to buy it.

gizmoholic said:
^ @ Toxic :- I think the N79 is a better buy than N85. What do you think?

hotshot05 said:
The N85 is way better than the N79 just only because of the OLED screen.

You can consider the N79 only if your budget is limited, otherwise there is no reason to buy it.

^ Exactly !

The N85 does indeed offer more , compared to the N79.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back