~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

allyrocky said:
Hi i have been using w810i(gr8 phone) for 4 years now!Time to change the mobile!

1)I require a mobile which can play good music and video.

2)Camera doesnt matter

3)Touch screen prefered

4)and i like to browse and play in mobile!

Here are your options:

LG KU990 Viewty ~ 17.8k*

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 19.1k* (Hoping future firmware updates make it better!)

Samsung F490 ~ 19.9k*

Asus P552w ~ 21k*(Worth the extra!)

* Plus VAT

hey dude..i have a Nokia Tube which i wanna sell of coz im low on money..pls for a quick sale i wanna go give for 17.5 k

Either that or im trading with the Itouch 32gb..pls no low balling..

On the other thread i put the price down i kno..but the other day som1 wanted to trade with his itouch 32gb :)

I either want that or the iphone..upto u..pm me asap pls..

Tom Sawyer said:
hey dude..i have a Nokia Tube which i wanna sell of coz im low on money..pls for a quick sale i wanna go give for 17.5 k

Either that or im trading with the Itouch 32gb..pls no low balling..

On the other thread i put the price down i kno..but the other day som1 wanted to trade with his itouch 32gb :)

I either want that or the iphone..upto u..pm me asap pls..

You gotta be kiddin me !?

You must have got the wrong idea of this thread's purpose...

Anyways,It's upto you to trade the the Tube for the itouch 32gb or iphone depending on what you really need !

madmaniac said:
Tom sawyer plz check where u r posting. Don't crap thread. This is not market section. You should have sent him a pm with those details or opened a FS thread.

+1 to that !!!

Please refrain from posting such posts in this thread...

@madmaniac

Thnx for timely warning!

Hells_Fury said:
Anyone here owns the Nokia 5230 XpressMusic? I've read in many reviews that the battery life of the phone is a big let down. Could anyone confirm this?
The phone seems perfect for my requirements but if the battery life is poor then I'll have to look for something else. Anyone has any suggestions for a phone with similar features? My budget is Rs. 15k max. I require the phone to be fast and I would prefer either a 3.5mm jack or the ability to somehow use my own headphones.

I have decided to extend my budget and have almost decided to get the Nokia 5800 XM for around 19k. Anyone thinks I am making a mistake? I guess most of the issues have been fixed with the new firmware update? Or is there any other phone that I can get with this budget?

Hells_Fury said:
I have decided to extend my budget and have almost decided to get the Nokia 5800 XM for around 19k. Anyone thinks I am making a mistake? I guess most of the issues have been fixed with the new firmware update? Or is there any other phone that I can get with this budget?

Yeah go for it mate...:hap2:

Hells_Fury said:

The 5800 is gonna be a new experience !
Sure you wanna miss out on that?

And i guess the software related issues (have been?) will be rectified by the latest firmware updates...

thetoxicmind said:

And i guess the software related issues (have been?) will be rectified by the latest firmware updates...
Dude I think you misunderstood me. I meant that I am 99% settled on the 5800 XM.

And now I guess I am 100% settled. :p Anything to look out for at the dealer while buying the phone?

Hells_Fury said:

thetoxicmind said:

^^ Meaning,get the 5800 !!!

No misunderstanding at all... :bleh:

Hacker said:
Has anyone here used the Moto Q(tata), I am thinking of getting it.

Mobile phones on tata really suck :(

It is indeed the Moto Q8...

Has all the basics but nothing to boast about !

Downsides: Lack of Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 1.2 & Average battery life

" A slim 'n sexy phone that is perfect for basic PDA/Phone + SMS usage "

You won't find too many Q8(Tata Indicom) users here...

thetoxicmind said:
It is indeed the Moto Q8...
Has all the basics but nothing to boast about !
Downsides: Lack of Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 1.2 & Average battery life

" A slim 'n sexy phone that is perfect for basic PDA/Phone + SMS usage "

You won't find too many Q8(Tata Indicom) users here...
Thanks thetoxicmind, will check it out tommrow.

Well guys I need a new phone for the sole purpose of using Airtel GPRS mobile office on it with my laptop..... I was hoping to get to know which is the cheapest phone with GPRS modem capabilities available in the market ....I'd like to know if the gprs class supported by the phone actually makes a difference in the speeds that are available or not ... I have a spice S-600 handset and get max speeds of around 8-9 KBPS ...on airtel Mobile office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back