~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

i am not bothering abt price.......
i need the best one......
iPHONE 4 look wise awesome and camera quality is too good....my brother owns it.....so i am thinking to go for an HTC mobile.......
is it worth taking HTC instead of iPHONE 4??
iPHONE4 price comes around 30K(getting it from USA) if any HTC mobile beats iPHONE be it performance or look plz suggest that htc
or else i wil go with iPHONE4

A friend looking to gift a phone for his sister

Requirements:

1. Q: Budget?

A: 5k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Want to buy only Nokia's phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Anything

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 2MP camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, multimedia and internet.

Please suggest, thanks in advance

sudipt123 said:
A friend looking to gift a phone for his sister

1. Nokia X2-01

2. Nokia C3

3. Nokia 5233

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anavas said:
Is any one can suggest me a cheap android phone, I just wanted to test a few applications, I don't care about the camera or screen, but 3G is a must.

Thanks in advance

how cheap? if you want to test applications that you wrote, the best VFM devices are:

1. LG Optimus One

2. Samsung Galaxy 5 (available online for som 7.5k)

3. Spice Mi-310

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

setuniket said:
Have a new requirement for phone, budget maximum 15k, physical QWERTY if possible, Andriod(or Windows) phone preferred. Samsung or HTC or even motorola is acceptable.

can you wait for HTC Chacha if qwerty is priority for you? else check these:

1. Motorola Defy (the best one inside 15k)

2. Nokia C6-01 and C7

3. HTC Wildfire:S

4. Samsung Galaxy Ace (only if you are a big fan of Samsung)

setuniket said:
Have a new requirement for phone, budget maximum 15k, physical QWERTY if possible, Andriod(or Windows) phone preferred. Samsung or HTC or even motorola is acceptable.

Windows phone :hap2:
Buy HTC Mozart or if you can extend your budget a little more get HTC HD7.
HTC Mozart has 8GB memory while HTC HD7 has 16GB memory.

Buy it ASAP cause the prices are cheap on Flipkart and nowhere else. Letsbuy sells the same HTC HD7 for a whopping 28k.
HTC Mozart has a got a 8 mpX camera, while the HTC HD7 has a 5 mpX camera. Both of them are capable of 720p HD video recording.

Need to buy a phone for my mom. It has to be a dual phone . And should be very easy to use. Her last phone was Nokia 1616 (submerged in milk by my 2 year old nephew) and she found it pretty comfortable. She could send 4-5 words sms's via it and found it very handy.

So here's the list. Let me know which phone is better.

1. Nokia X1-01

2. Samsung Hero E2232

3. Samsung Guru Dual 25 E1225

She won't really use a camera, but the Hero looked comfy with that keypad. Or if there's anything else you guys can suggest to be added to the list...AWESOME!

(No MaxX, Spice, Onidas etc.)

Mobile for reading and surfing

Dear all,

Please help me decide. I have been transferred to a remote and rural place with no internet. I have an exam coming up for which I need to read up a lot. I do not have access to newspapers and magazines. I have a Samsung Metro S3310 which has Opera Mini installed on it. This is my primary internet device and my dear helpful friend.

I access the Hindu newspaper website and catch up on current affairs. I also browse through online editions of magazines. Besides this I also frequent Wikipedia.

My Samsung Metro is old and has many scratches on the screen. Besides reading at a stretch on the 2.1 inch screen is giving my eye strain and headaches.

I have tried to get the BSNL exchange to provide me with a landline and broadband connection but I am not sure as to when that would happen. Tata photon plus or Reliance Netconnect+ do not function here. The best that I can get is Vodafone EDGE. I do connect my cell phone to my laptop to access the internet (like I am doing now) but browsing is very slow compared to Opera Mini on the phone.

(I am sorry this is getting longer than I intended)

Besides, I also get time during work hours. I use it to read on my cell.

I am been thinking of buying a big screen phone. My budget as of now is around 10,000. The two models I have found suitable after browsing several threads on TE and the suggestions made therein are -
1. Dell XCD35
2. Lg Optimus One

Which one would be better for me needs?
I would also love to have doc and pdf support so I can access JSTOR articles.

Availability of mods would be a plus too. I have attempted to install and use several OS on my laptop - Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora and MacOSX86. As of now I would not have time for customization but would definitely love to after my exam in November. I have been waiting eagerly to get my first Android :)

The Dell has a 3.5 inch screen and a better resolution (480X800) while the O1 has 3.2 and 320X480 resolution. Dark Angel mentioned that the Optimus One would be faster because the processor has to drive lesser pixels but I maybe can give up a little speed for more readability.

I read up that the Dell XCD35 has 512 Mb Ram but letsbuy shows it as 256. Do the new models have 256 Mb ram?

I can also wait for a month, save up and buy the Defy or Nexus if you so suggest. But preferably I would like to get started right away.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Ummmm. So basically it has to work as a second computer for you eh? I would suggest the following phone:

1. Flipkart.com: Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510: Mobile : Good processor. Comfortable qwerty for browsing. 2K cashback at Flipkart. Might get a better deal with coupons on Letsbuy. Brother uses it and loves it.

2. Your choice of LG Optimus and Dell Xcd ties at 2nd place. But I favour LG more since it comes with and upgraded version of android.

3. Wait it out for a month and you'll sure have more choices. And if your budget increases, maybe you can go for a better phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back