~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hi TEians , I want to upgrade from nokia1100 :ashamed: as the phone is showing signs that its taking last breaths (frequent call drops .. poor network reception, low talktime ,need to charge it everyday :( ) .I have an ipod 80gb+pl30 for all my music needs,but still i would like a phone with decent music capablities, good cam (3mp preferred) , solid build quailty and network reception, decent looks , form-factor doesnt matter,EDGE(would like to use it for browsing occasionally),3G and preferably something from nokia ,SE or htc stables .And yeah budget is 10-12k .

abbY said:
Need a sugggestion:

Requirements:
5MP with auto focus and flash
Good responsive touch screen
Multimedia features
Good for Messaging
Budget 22k
*Mobile Phone is for a female who loved the touch response of the iphone, but that is way outta budget, so I need a phone which is atleast 90% as goo in touch response.
**Mandatorly from India with bill, so the iphone is outta question

Considered the following:
N79 .... sounds like a good bargain, but not a touch screen so not sure [~15k]
HTC Diamond .. its an old phone, so no reviews with the newer firmwares to suggest its worthiness [~21k]
Samsung Jet ... Gorgeous Amoled + 5MP+800MHz processor...not sure abut General usability and people views ...are games available for download since it has a new Samsung OS...what about resale value for the Samsung's [~22k]
Samsung Pixon ..Is it better than the jet ? [~23k]

Anything else ????
Are the prices correct ????
There are some apprehensions about the Samsung, Is it a good worthy phone.
No SE Ericcson pls, bored of the UI, its almost the same in all the phones.

It definitely has to be the Samsung S8000 Jet (20.8K*) or the LG KM900 Arena (24.8K*) !

The Samsung Jet does come with the latest edition of the the Touchwiz interface but does lack smartphone capabilities and more inclined towards straightforward functionality.

The LG Arena does offer a capacitive touchscreen similar to the Apple iPhone.

~ T.T.M ~

MohitPreet said:
nokia e63 or e71 wat to get??

budget usability n features not a criteria

just a phone which looks good and whose qwerty keypad is comfortable to use- most important thing

I many reviews, people who have used both the phones have said that the keypad on the E63 is more comfortable to use than the E71 as it has slightly bigger keys.

WHen you go to buy, take your father along and ask him to use both the phones for some time.
Buy the phone he feels most comfortable with.

siddharthshukla said:
Hey people,
Can anyone suggest a phone(not Sony Ericcson) which is a good overall package for a budget of 6k???

Thanks
sid

Nokia 5130XM is the best option for you.

You can also check out the Samsung S3310. It has a nice screen and comes with in-ear earphones and a 2GB memory card but costs Rs.400 less than the Nokia 5130XM.
Its only problem is the Samsung interface which cannot be customised by themes like the Nokia S40 interface.
Also its battery capacity is less than the 5130XM(880mAh vs 1020mAh in the 5130XM).

MohitPreet said:
nokia e63 or e71 wat to get??

budget usability n features not a criteria

just a phone which looks good and whose qwerty keypad is comfortable to use- most important thing

Both the E63 & E71 are great devices with the latter having better specs.
Like Hotshot05 suggested, check for the most comfortable keypad among the two.

~ T.T.M ~

siddharthshukla said:
Hey people,
Can anyone suggest a phone(not Sony Ericcson) which is a good overall package for a budget of 6k???

Thanks
sid

hotshot05 said:
Nokia 5130XM is the best option for you.

You can also check out the Samsung S3310. It has a nice screen and comes with in-ear earphones and a 2GB memory card but costs Rs.400 less than the Nokia 5130XM.
Its only problem is the Samsung interface which cannot be customised by themes like the Nokia S40 interface.
Also its battery capacity is less than the 5130XM(880mAh vs 1020mAh in the 5130XM).

Yep, The Nokia 5130 XM sure is VFM !

Need a CDMA phone for reliance.Budget 2k (max) .

features :Good battery life and stardyness.

bluetooth capability for headset will be an real added advantage - will not mind to extend budget for that.

Thanks in advance

satyanjoy said:
Need a CDMA phone for reliance.Budget 2k (max) .

features :Good battery life and stardyness.

bluetooth capability for headset will be an real added advantage - will not mind to extend budget for that.

Thanks in advance

Check out the Nokia 1325 CDMA !

And your not going to get Bluetooth, at this price.

~ T.T.M ~

john117 said:
Hi TEians , I want to upgrade from nokia1100 :ashamed: as the phone is showing signs that its taking last breaths (frequent call drops .. poor network reception, low talktime ,need to charge it everyday :( ) .I have an ipod 80gb+pl30 for all my music needs,but still i would like a phone with decent music capablities, good cam (3mp preferred) , solid build quailty and network reception, decent looks , form-factor doesnt matter,EDGE(would like to use it for browsing occasionally),3G and preferably something from nokia ,SE or htc stables .And yeah budget is 10-12k .

Your Options:
SE W595 ~ 12.3K*
Samsung S7330 ~ 11.7K*
SE T700 ~ 11.3k*
Nokia 5610 XM ~ 11k*
SE C510 ~ 10K*

~ T.T.M ~

* Plus 4% VAT

help guys !!

A friend of mine needs a phone within 9k (max) .

wat he wants ???

~ music

~ satisfactory camera

~ battery life

preferably nokia or SE

is 3G a must have ???

TIA

Hi

I am going to buy a phone (12000) today. I have searched a lot on net and finally decided to buy Samsung S5603(3G). I want to know

1.wheather it is slider or not?

2.Wheather it has 3.5 mm jack or not?

If any one has user experience please share.Where can i get this phone with resonable price? please replay quickly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back