~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

I'm using a nokia 5800 XM at present.as my primary number(which i can't change) is not offering any good deals,am looking to buy a secondary phone to make use of the offers by other operators.need a cheap and reliable dual sim(cdma and gsm) phone.

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options:

SE G502 / Naite ~ 6.9K* / 6.5K* (Decent buy, Almost identical specs.) [3G]
Samsung J800 Luxe ~ 6.8K* (Stylish, decent performance) [3G]
Nokia 6303 Classic ~ 6.6K* (VFM!)

~ T.T.M ~

thanks a lot for those suggestions........just 2 concerns
1] i feel the nokia 6303 is a good deal
but some reviews say the camera is not that good as other 3.2mp cameras
but some reviews say the camera is great....can any user tell me if the cam is fine or bad????

2]second thing is i dont know what is the processor of this phone, can any one tell me the same of even state that the cell does not lag is speed or is really fast then i will not worry abt that and straight buy that phone.....

Needs to buy my uncle a budget phone

Needs:

1. Good battery backup

2. FM

I have shortlisted it to two options

Samsung E1085T ~ 1.7k(How good is this? Its relatively new in the market)

Nokia 1661/1662 ~ 1.8k

Which would you suggest? Also do tel me if there any other better options at this price point.

P.S: Also suggest a shop in Chennai where the the prices are the low. :D (Wavetel?)

Help me plz

SATHYAN FROM CHENNAI,pLANNED TO BUY A MOBILE IN THE BUDGET LESS THAN 9000MAIN CONSTRAINT IS SOUND MUST BE GOOD AND CAMERA RESOLUTION GREATER THAN 3 MP .I AM INTERESTED IN SONY ERICCSON PLZ LET ME KNOW WHICH MBILE CAN I GO FOR.NO MATTER IF GOOD MOBILE COMES IN THIS RANGE IN OTHER BRANDS .TELL ME THE FEAUTRES ALSO HOW ABT THIS NEWLY LAUNCH Sony Ericsson T715..............

hey everyone,,

i want to buy a mobile between 6-7k(max).please suggest me some good models.phs wd pdf/docs viewer preferable .can i get samsung corby s3653 in this??how much it will cost??

THnx in advance..please help

dantool said:
I'm using a nokia 5800 XM at present.as my primary number(which i can't change) is not offering any good deals,am looking to buy a secondary phone to make use of the offers by other operators.need a cheap and reliable dual sim(cdma and gsm) phone.

Your Options:

Karbonn KC 441

Spice D88

Don't expect them to be reliable in the long run.

hybrid black said:
thanks a lot for those suggestions........just 2 concerns

1] i feel the nokia 6303 is a good deal

but some reviews say the camera is not that good as other 3.2mp cameras

but some reviews say the camera is great....can any user tell me if the cam is fine or bad????

2]second thing is i dont know what is the processor of this phone, can any one tell me the same of even state that the cell does not lag is speed or is really fast then i will not worry abt that and straight buy that phone.....

Well, you can't expect a very good camera at that price range.

It's quite decent comparatively.

The 6303C runs on Nokia's S40 OS which has always been fast. So you don't need to worry about the phone's processing power, which of course has never been disclosed.

gforce said:
I know but there isn't any "current gen" flip phone with a cam available for roughly 2k. Chinese and Indian crap don't count.

That's true.

And it's quite popular among the ladies. :)

~ T.T.M ~

sathinfotrix said:
SATHYAN FROM CHENNAI,pLANNED TO BUY A MOBILE IN THE BUDGET LESS THAN 9000MAIN CONSTRAINT IS SOUND MUST BE GOOD AND CAMERA RESOLUTION GREATER THAN 3 MP .I AM INTERESTED IN SONY ERICCSON PLZ LET ME KNOW WHICH MBILE CAN I GO FOR.NO MATTER IF GOOD MOBILE COMES IN THIS RANGE IN OTHER BRANDS .TELL ME THE FEAUTRES ALSO HOW ABT THIS NEWLY LAUNCH Sony Ericsson T715..............

The SE T715 is a decent buy !

If you need a better equipped camera, consider the SE C510.

dips_view said:
hey everyone,,

i want to buy a mobile between 6-7k(max).please suggest me some good models.phs wd pdf/docs viewer preferable .can i get samsung corby s3653 in this??how much it will cost??

THnx in advance..please help

That would be your best option for the intended usage and will meets your basic requirements.

Samsung CORBY S3653 ~ 7.9K*

~ T.T.M ~

Karthi007 said:
Needs to buy my uncle a budget phone

Needs:

1. Good battery backup

2. FM

I have shortlisted it to two options

Samsung E1085T ~ 1.7k(How good is this? Its relatively new in the market)

Nokia 1661/1662 ~ 1.8k

Which would you suggest? Also do tel me if there any other better options at this price point.

P.S: Also suggest a shop in Chennai where the the prices are the low. :D (Wavetel?)

Your Options:

LG GB106 ~ 1.8K

Or

Samsung E1085T ~ 1.7K (Most VFM among other Samsung models but a small display comparatively)

Generally, There is a difference of 50 to 100 bucks from shop to shop.

See where you can get a good deal.

~ T.T.M ~

Emperor said:
Hello TTM

I have K750i, as primary phone, working perfectly :)

Looking for Dual Sim- 2ndary phone- (Both sim for GSM) mobile phone with following features. Budget 2.5-3.5k max, so Nokia, SE, Samsung, LG etc. out of question.

The mobile phone features I expect:

Please suggest your best.

PS: Suggest other than LAVA brand.

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options:

1. Videocon V1405 ~ 3.2K*

2. Maxx 414 ~ 3.2K*

3. Karbonn K451 ~ 3K*

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks TTM,

I was not aware about Viudeocon mobiles, but how trusted they are among all so called Chinese (old Korean technology) phones? Any user or friend has it? Any review etc. :)

hey TTM ..

just wanted your views on E71 & E75 .. and also which one would be a better buy ?? ive extended my budget from 13 to 15 .. and i may borrow some money to get E75 if you suggest it .. or please suggest me any other mobile in the range og 15-16 ..

what i want is .. :
Good music quality and controls
3.5mm jack
Good web browsing(through Wi-Fi)
Stylish
3.2 mp camera with flash(AF) or more if it comes in the budget
Qwerty keypad
Touchscreen (Optional)

The thing which is also not letting me buy an E71 is its 2.5 mm jack .. a 3.5 mm one has its own advantages .. do you have any idea about NOKIA providing a connecter which enable it to convert it into a 3.5 mm .?? please let me know ..

I also plan to sell my old W395 which was bought on 10th of August 2009 ... the condition is superb and is still in warranty .. I wanted to what will be the suitable price to sell the phone ?? And also it has just gone under servicing in which its motherboard has been changed ..!! so its a total new phone from the inside except the outer cover.. i bought it for 7300 ..

thanks ..

Emperor said:
Thanks TTM,

I was not aware about Viudeocon mobiles, but how trusted they are among all so called Chinese (old Korean technology) phones? Any user or friend has it? Any review etc. :)

Well, their specs seem a lot better than other Chinese models but I'm sure they are made in china as well. :p
As Videocon is a major Indian brand, they'll probably offer wide support for their products, so that shouldn't be a cause for concern.

So harm in giving it a try. ;)

sankhadeep said:
i wnt to upgrade from samsung I8910 OMNIA HD ....WHAT SHOULD I BUY????? plzz suggest

And how Am I to know what your looking for? :huh:
Do post your requirements and budget.

shaibalik said:
hey TTM ..

just wanted your views on E71 & E75 .. and also which one would be a better buy ?? ive extended my budget from 13 to 15 .. and i may borrow some money to get E75 if you suggest it .. or please suggest me any other mobile in the range og 15-16 ..

what i want is .. :

Good music quality and controls

3.5mm jack

Good web browsing(through Wi-Fi)

Stylish

3.2 mp camera with flash(AF) or more if it comes in the budget

Qwerty keypad

Touchscreen (Optional)

The thing which is also not letting me buy an E71 is its 2.5 mm jack .. a 3.5 mm one has its own advantages .. do you have any idea about NOKIA providing a connecter which enable it to convert it into a 3.5 mm .?? please let me know ..

I also plan to sell my old W395 which was bought on 10th of August 2009 ... the condition is superb and is still in warranty .. I wanted to what will be the suitable price to sell the phone ?? And also it has just gone under servicing in which its motherboard has been changed ..!! so its a total new phone from the inside except the outer cover.. i bought it for 7300 ..

thanks ..

I can't give you an exact figure on the W395 but you could probably ask for ~5K.

E75 over E71, Key differences :

Form-factor

S60 FP2

30FPS VGA Video Recording

3.5mm jack

Accelerometer sensor

That said, performance wise the E75 does have a slight edge over the E71 but the latter's well-rounded package may seem tempting !

BTW, 2.5mm AV to 3.5mm connectors are available for the E71, both OEM and third-party manufacturers.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:

I can't give you an exact figure on the W395 but you could probably ask for ~5K.

E75 over E71, Key differences :

Form-factor
S60 FP2
30FPS VGA Video Recording
3.5mm jack
Accelerometer sensor

That said, performance wise the E75 does have a slight edge over the E71 but the latter's well-rounded package may seem tempting !

BTW, 2.5mm AV to 3.5mm connectors are available for the E71, both OEM and third-party manufacturers.

~ T.T.M ~

Any other phone in this range ..??

And also .. i have there have been problems regarding E75's software .. is this true of any sorts ?

Hi there looking for a sub 10k phone for my sister. Her requirements are
1.good camera 3.2 mp atleast.
2.good loudspeaker she aint comfortable with earphones.
3.good connectivity 3g would be a bonus.
4.long life.has bad experiences with likes of fly
She likes the samsung star but is sceptical of its longetivity.
The purchase would be in mumbai so the additional 12.5% applies.
So please suggest a vfm phone which would last for a long while.

Re: Good mp3 phone within 10K

harisubs said:
Thanks a lot, ttm! Will buy one from these and will surely let you know which one I buy.
Got the Nokia 6303 from Bangalore @6.8K with an extended warranty of 1 year.
Standard headset is crap, will swap it for the Nokia 5310 headset (have to pay extra though)
Very nice VFM phone as you said. With Ep630/PL11 earphones, sound quality is decent. Fiance loved the phone. Thanks. I owe you one.

ggt said:
Hi there looking for a sub 10k phone for my sister. Her requirements are

1.good camera 3.2 mp atleast.

2.good loudspeaker she aint comfortable with earphones.

3.good connectivity 3g would be a bonus.

4.long life.has bad experiences with likes of fly

She likes the samsung star but is sceptical of its longetivity.

The purchase would be in mumbai so the additional 12.5% applies.

So please suggest a vfm phone which would last for a long while.

Although the Samsung Star offers a fun, touchscreen experience and is VFM, its touchscreen may or may not prove reliable on a LONG-TERM basis. So if you are skeptical about it, better to be safe than sorry.

So, your best bet would be the SE C510 (9.2K*) or the SE T715 (9.5K*), both being 3G devices.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back