The Motorola Defy Thread

Just a quick update here.

I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (CyanogenMod), removed a bunch of apps and my phone's buzzing along just fine at 1Ghz!

Basically freed up a lot of resources and optimized it a little to make it snappier with Jelly Bean. It wasn't the case earlier with very laggy performance.

Battery life is just okay (duh!?), but I've gotten used to it. Looking forward to the next CyanogenMod update to fix other bugs and introduce some improvements.

The phone itself is rock solid and has lived up to it's death-defying name! :)

Cheers,
TTM

I am already on CM10. Thing is am not sure how to flash the nightlies :(

I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (CyanogenMod), removed a bunch of apps and my phone's buzzing along just fine at 1Ghz!

Basically freed up a lot of resources and optimized it a little to make it snappier with Jelly Bean. It wasn't the case earlier with very laggy performance.
@thetoxicmind Could you elaborate what you mean by freed up a lot of resources?
I am on CM9 and the phone has become very slow, with the browser closing inbetween. Its just not possible for me to browse on phone!

Also a request to all,
Please list what ROM you think is fast, stable and good battery life. I tried CM10 but it was very slow for me. I would like to be on Cm9/10 as Wifi with proxy works for most apps. On CM7 builds only market seems to work even with autoproxy.
I am thinking of going back to WIUI GB stable.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed epsylon's ics build and it lagged badly once i began installing apps. I switched to cm7(GB) instantly. Please the most stable rom with the best battery backup for the defy in both ICS/JB?

The 3500 mAh battery refuses to die! I have been super heavy using my phone and still is running just fine. In deep love with this battery.

urupe5ap.jpg

^^I am now started facing issues with the battery. It takes almost 2-3 hours to charge it, and gives only about 6-8 hours now :( Have you calibrated it?

Back