The Motorola Defy Thread

Baseband issues, use this setting - Asia - South East Asia - 3.4.3-331
Worked on BSNL 2G & 3G.
@YashBhatt - Using CM10 for couple of days. No issues with Wifi.

well,it was probably a wifi config file that eventually got corrupted
I had to manually delete the file and start all over again,its working fine now.....

I normally don't flash too many Rom's on my defy as i use it as a secondary phone but CM10 is going good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@YashBhatt - Just to confirm if this is a bug - When I go to a Contact's Page in People App & select "Place on Home Screen", nothing happens. No contact icon appear in any of the screens.

@YashBhatt - Just to confirm if this is a bug - When I go to a Contact's Page in People App & select "Place on Home Screen", nothing happens. No contact icon appear in any of the screens.

Thats correct,nothing happens even though it stays "Contact placed on homescreen "
Probably a feature thst is not yet implemented by quarx :p

WiFi range reduced for me on cm 9 and 10. Was perfect on 2.1 official and 2.2.

It could be the unoffical libs that are being used by the developers for the CM builts
But somehow,my Wifi seems unaffected at this point(Its actually better than on MIUI with CM10)

@YashBhatt A little bit late reply but thanks for the baseband tip. It solved the problem. :)

And have to say Jelly Bean is quite a bit unimpressive on the Defy compared to the uber-silky smoothness on the GNex. :p

@YashBhatt A little bit late reply but thanks for the baseband tip. It solved the problem. :)

And have to say Jelly Bean is quite a bit unimpressive on the Defy compared to the uber-silky smoothness on the GNex. :p
@kvikram,
Glad it helped
lol,you are comparing a 100cc splendor to a 350cc Ninja bike...Not done :p

Installed JB latest nightly, MB525 + froyo kernel + defy nightly. Looks good, Whats more I have a wifi with proxy and now i can use atleast the gapps with it. Tried skype but it did not connect. Market, talk were working.

I am on 2.2.2 official ROM (RED Lense), is it necessary to install a froyo kernel to upgrade to JB CM10 (Quarx)....

I am a newbie for Defy so a little confused with the Kernel thing... can anyone please help we with this...

Also should i install a MB 525 rom or MB 526 rom..... from JB CM10 (Quarx)

Thanks in advance

@satishinti If you are on official 2.2.2 you just need to flash the CM10 zip. You don't need to change any kernel. Since you are on red lens, I assume both the MB525 and the MB526 zips will work. I suggest you flash the MB526 zip.

A request to all Motorola users, please sign this petition to unlock our LOCKED boot-loaders.

Guys I've a Defy+ / MB526 with Android 2.3.6
Kernel : 2.6.32.9-ge281b6e

Will rooting it and then flashing a new Firm-Ware make it more smooth? And what is currently the most stable release that you'd recommend.

Just a quick update here.

I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (CyanogenMod), removed a bunch of apps and my phone's buzzing along just fine at 1Ghz!

Basically freed up a lot of resources and optimized it a little to make it snappier with Jelly Bean. It wasn't the case earlier with very laggy performance.

Battery life is just okay (duh!?), but I've gotten used to it. Looking forward to the next CyanogenMod update to fix other bugs and introduce some improvements.

The phone itself is rock solid and has lived up to it's death-defying name! :)

Cheers,
TTM

Can someone please tell me how to root a Defy + (MB526) . I found the following guide but I'm confused a lot and need some clearer instructions :D. WARNING : I'm new to rooting and flashing Android devices.

How to backup the contents of the phone like SMS,contacts,emails,apps and other info. Tired Titanium Backup but it's asking for root privileges :$ .

Do I really need a custom boot-loader after rooting ?

I wont be flashing it just now , I only want to root it.

My phone's details are :

System Version : 45.0.2310.MB526.AsiaRetail.em.03

Model Number : 526

Android Version : 2.3.6

Baseband version : EPU93_U_00.60.03

Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-ge281b6e
hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid54#1

Build Number:
4.5.1-134_DFP-231

Back