The Motorola Defy Thread

Using Motorola Defy... nd Bought BSNL 3G Sim ... but neither GPRS nor 3G is working..... called the custom,mer care no.. but not able to get to customer agent.... getting mad at not being able to surf.. plz help..

Hello all! I am planning to buy the New Motorola Defy Plus whenever it comes out. Which is why I would appreciate if you could help me out. Currently I own an LG Optimus One and the experience has been rather bad. The call audio quality is very bad and the battery life is abysmal. And for whatever reason these two have become a priority for me. My question is how is the Call Audio quality AND the battery life of the Defy?

Of course knowing that phone usage is subjective, I usually browse about 2 hours a day (3g where available), 2 hours of calls and 1 hour or so for games, and say another hour for miscellaneous tasks.

Also would like to know about the ownership experience.
Many thanks!

Tech Savy said:
Hows moto service in India ?

There is no moto service center in India they have outsourced the whole thing. My brand new defy was giving me problems and the service center guys were making me wait for more than 1 month for resolving the issues. I had to escalate the issue on moto india website to speed up the process and got the phone within 1 week :)

Hey guys...Need some help.....
Yesterday i updated my cm7 to the nightly version cm7-111002-1446-NIGHTLY-Jordan.zip
But there is a problem for me now,camera isn't working....
when i click on the shutter button,it says that the process has stopped n blah blah blah error..
I have a SOC device.....so please tell me how to solve this....and maybe if this nightly is not the one for my device,then which 1 should i use?
Thankies.

After posting a isolated thread on mobile forums.. iam posting here too.

Need custom built rom for Defy(Stable (no rc no beta or alpha))

Please provide me step by step guide to upgrade from official froyo

Can i able to return to the original factory froyo(warranty purpose)

Ps: no 2g or 3g or WiFi connection

i am getting an error "e: can't open/cache/recovery/command" in stock recovery...(at the bottom of the screen)
previously i had downloaded the clockworkmod recovery for defy from [Release] Clockwork MOD recovery for Moto Defy [Updated 2010-12-18 04:08 am CST] - xda-developers
installed it and then i clicked on install recovery system and then i exited the app and didnt proceed further and uninstalled the app...(didnt proceed bcoz i didnt find the instructions sufficient and liked killmastern3 and sunny27's instructions better)
then i rebooted the phone in stock recovery and got the error...(i went into stock recovery just out of curiosity as i had never visited it earlier)
is it bcoz i didnt proceed with clockworkmod recovery and uninstalled it?
will it be a problem when i install 2ndinit and enter the boot menu and go for custom rom?
this is my 1st android and i dont want to expierence any problems in installing a custom rom.

I have installed cm7 1.5 right now...

How to downgrade to official froyo so that warranty cannot be voided

i have backed up the official froyo using clockworkmod..

please help me to to downgrade to official froyo to get the warranty back........

3 questions ->>

1)How do we change songs (next / previous song) from the default headset we get with defy?

2)Can someone please suggest some nice earphones for changing songs and radio stations ?

3)What is the market price of Motorockr SH-9 bluetooth headset in india ? Where can i get in delhi ?

micheal687 said:
I have installed cm7 1.5 right now...

How to downgrade to official froyo so that warranty cannot be voided

i have backed up the official froyo using clockworkmod..

please help me to to downgrade to official froyo to get the warranty back........

Enter bootloader mode. Flash SEA 15 firmware. Reboot into stock recovery, wipe data/cache. Reboot.

Back