Graphic Cards The Nvidia Fermi / GTX 4XX Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a little confused about GT300/NV100's performance in Gaming when it releases. Most of the review from good sites ( Anand tech, Tom etc) say the architecture is powerful but not much use to gaming. So it could be almost as if highend GPu will have to look for ATI for purely gaming requirement. Is this assumption possible??:huh:
Although we could say to some extent its like 360 n PS3. but I doubt we will have games exploiting FERMI architecture written widely or by third parties for that matter.
Just hope it comes out early n performs well. So we have options to choose from :hap2:

If the Fermi is what it says... and if there are enough OpenCL and even CUDA supporting apps by the time it releases, I might switch back to green camp, even if the gaming performance it about 80% of ATi's offering cost-to-cost. I'm not a hard-core gamer and if my graphic card helps me getting other things done, I think it's good value for money.

Apart from that above reason, there is another parameter to consider that is of power consumption and heat generation. If Fermi is at least equal (5% plus-minus) in those areas compared to matching ATi offerings, then my decision is more or less likely to swing towards green camp.

If not, there is always 5870 (or 5850 depending on my budget at time)... which are proven performers and hopefully drivers mature soon enough to use DirectX compute shader for general purpose more efficiently... some more OpenCL goodness in drivers and in apps, please. :)

ubergeek said:

Wow! Bring em on quickly!

But just look at its sizes!! Bloody seems like will need to cabinets!:eek:hyeah:

Fermi A2 results

SemiAccurate :: Fermi massively misses clock targets

Ok its from charlie but just ignore his words and check the results.

It says about 20% miss than the target performance. Not bad I guess considering its A2 silicon and NV will go for A3. So Fermi will give what it promised :hap2: but may be more late :(

Lets hope for Best!

madnav said:
controversy rises at New fermi picture is fake..? :( - XtremeSystems Forums

looks like a panic attack though :p

i still wonder why there are no wires connected to the sound card :p
v.php

lmao :rofl: :rofl:

^ 25th December... :D
(special X-mas gift from nVidia, Fermi Cake) :bleh:

Don't take me seriously, just look at my avataar.

Fake or not, it looks good on paper. Only. For now at least. The pricing will play a major role and also the time of release. I think ATI has taken the graphics crown for now and will continue to rein unchallenged for quite sometime.

hash said:
When actually is GT300 releasing?

fuad now says january

Fudzilla - Fermi expected in January

Multiple sources now claim that Nvidia has promised to ship Fermi in January 2010. We are talking about GF100 Fermi, the GPU that is expected to defeat ATIs Radeon HD 5000-series offerings. To make matters more clear, January is the time when you can hope to buy a high-end Geforce desktop graphics card based on Fermi.

Nvidia Fermi-based cards in the enthusiast market have been pushed from a late November launch to a January launch mainly due the fact that the A2 silicon chip revision was not good enough for volume production, so A3 is about to ship to partners soon. With this in mind and if all goes well, Geforce graphics cards based on Fermi architecture are expected to ship in January.

We have also heard that the launch won't take place at CES 2010, which starts on January 7th and ends of January 10th. Instead, Nvidia might launch it later at some point, but nevertheless still sometime during the month.

considering that fuad would only post the most optimistic scenario for nvidia, i would say there is an even chance of it missing the january window too.

considering that fuad would only post the most optimistic scenario for nvidia, i would say there is an even chance of it missing the january window too.

Well even charlie says something similar. Expected around after CES. So I guess this one is pretty much expected by late Jan/early Feb.:hap2:

PS: It seems charlie managed to get all his (shall we say ) predictions right!

Nvidia quoted q1 2010 and date to be 26th

SO dates are 26 January - 26 April . Most likely it will be delayed from 26 January.

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

Will be disastrous q1,q2 2010 if Nvidia doese'nt come out with Fermi GT300 by April because AMD is expected to launch entry-level Radeon HD 5600/5300 GPUs in the first quarter of 2010

IT LOOKS LIKE Nvidia has put the A3 stepping of Fermi in the oven, it happened some time last week. That means that you may see cards as early as February, depending on two or three other factors.

If you assume that A3 went in the oven on Dec 1, that means Nvidia will likely get the first hot lot silicon back in house on Jan 1, 2010 give or take a few days. It looks like Nvidia testing staff are going to have very happy holidays. In their cubes. What does that mean? Sit back and enjoy the numbers.

Source

What do you guys think.... As it is Semiaccurate:eek:hyeah:

neojjjk said:

There seems to be a problem an 8800gt is a 105w model while a 9800gt is a 125w model how can this be:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back