The Personal Hygiene Thread!

nehaladsul said:
I shifted from Gillette Mach 3 Turbo to Gillette Fusion a few months back. Fusion is a bit expensive but it is way better than the Mach 3 Turbo.

Only problem is that it is only available at a select few malls in my city and I think it is not officially made available by Gillette India.
can u specify the list of malls if available? Oberoi, Inorbit??

Mach 3 Turbo is good - but you can't get the no. of shaves as advertised in their ad. I have a very tough beard and I can get hardly 15 shaves (actually after 10 it becomes not-so-close)

G.Fusion is good. Been using it almost a year.

1. Blades are expensive.

2. Difficult to get.

3. Usually have to go to a mall.

If your skin is not very sensitive type - best bet would be a good razor (Merkur or Gillette procured from ebay.com) with double edged blade. It gives the closest shave at least expense. But you need to practice for some time before you get the perfect shave without nicks and cuts.

Tejas01 said:
can u specify the list of malls if available? Oberoi, Inorbit??
I managed to get it from Hypercity and Milan Mall in Mumbai.

While Hypercity still has it, it's out of stock at Milan Mall for the past few months.

Which deo is better?

Yest i have been to shopping mall. With wide variety of deos available claiming to work 24 Hour,I decided to give a try .

I tried Nivea and cintol But they didn't last more than an hour.

Suggest if there are any better deos than these .
I dont know why these people put 24 HOUR .Do they really last 24 HOUR

Re: Which deo is better?

TE 100: Jeans - lets know it better
TE 101: Deo - a brief discussion

(whats next??)
forgot to reply to your query : chose the one which smells good. Choice varies from people to people depending on their taste

The base note in a perfume is designed to last only for 12 hrs in the best of perfumes u can get in the world... I highly doubt they have created a deo which can last for 24hrs...
If I am not wrong I think youare talking about the anti-prepirant deos... They keep the skin dry probably for 24 hrs but the good smell will disappear in a couple of hours...
And never ask for perfume/deo advice its a very personal thing and no one can say which is better.... Something which I like will not appeal to someone else....

For futher info wait for rite to comment....

(whats next??)
Now we will discuss boxers, toothbrushes, hair brushes and socks and everything else... So dont worry its comming and we cannot do anything about it...

pinga123 said:
I tried Nivea and cintol But they didn't last more than an hour.
Do you sweat a lot ?

Maybe you want to use an anti-perspirant instead of just a deodorant.

Why don't you just try some old fashioned powder. Much cheaper and might last longer.

pinga123 said:
I dont know why these people put 24 HOUR .Do they really last 24 HOUR
No, in hot climate you'd be lucky if they last more than 4 hours. If you're in an air conditioned environment it will last 8 hours but thats really pushing it.

CA50 said:

(whats next??)

Both Jeans and Deo come under the sun.

@OP

Why don't you try the Axe effect?

Back