Nice which cam, lens and settings?

F-0ccY

Skilled
Jan 21, 2006
Mumbai
www.hlfallout.com
Roxtin said:

Unless hes uber rich, he used a tilt shift lens, but it can it taken with any lens.The DOF effect is achieved using a Tilt Shift lens, but in this case he used Bokeh (at least that's what I use), which is a plugin for Photoshop.

Camera_HDR_by_floccy.png

A HDR of my Trip 35.:)

Shakensoul

Skilled
Dec 22, 2005
Roxtin said:

F|0ccY said:
Unless hes uber rich, he used a tilt shift lens, but it can it taken with any lens.The DOF effect is achieved using a Tilt Shift lens, but in this case he used Bokeh (at least that's what I use), which is a plugin for Photoshop.

:p How I wish ....

Its taken with a simple S3 IS, the PP effect is from simple photoshop tricks, not even a plugin.

harish_21_10

Adept
Nov 25, 2006
Hey guys...I will be going to Rajasthan next month to attend my friends wedding and I wanted to try out a DSLR during the trip. I cant afford to buy one for another 4-5months and hence wanted to know if theres some place in Hyderabad that rents DSLR cameras on daily basis?

Parv

Adept
Jan 16, 2010
Bangalore
My humble request to everyone, please either preserve metadata/exif or write down the same.

It'll help someone like me to understand how the picture was composed.

zhopudey

Skilled
May 14, 2005
Trying out the 50mm f1.8 on my niece Rutuja -

Autofocus on this lens is very slow compared to the kit lens. Sometimes it just fails to focus if the light is not optimum. I am trying out manual focus, but not having very good results with that yet :(

Took all photos today at f1.8/f2. Will try higher apertures tomm and compare sharpness.

P.S. - Normal mumbai apartments seem too small for a 50mm prime :( Can't leave enough space behind the subject for nice bokeh.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Zhops the third one is nice, so whats your take on the 50mm prime lens, I wanna buy one of those... Do post some low light pics too, do you get any bokeh in low light?

Bokeh, depends on the comparative size of the subject wrt the total frame too. I was able to get a bokeh on the kit lenses too.

_pappu_

Skilled
Nov 5, 2007
Aces170 said:
Zhops the third one is nice, so whats your take on the 50mm prime lens, I wanna buy one of those... Do post some low light pics too, do you get any bokeh in low light?
Bokeh, depends on the comparative size of the subject wrt the total frame too. I was able to get a bokeh on the kit lenses too.

more than that, it depends on the distance of the background, (ideally infinity) :S
if i remember right, this one has baddy bokeh :)