The Photography Thread !

i used albatross panorama maker for those pics...no reason to install a 2gb+app just for that

i didnt crop the basecamp pic coz it was cutting out the peak...left other one that way coz i got lazy :p

d_payne said:
I dunno if you'd know this but...decreasing aperture to really small value like f8 or f16 at night and increasin shutter speed results in obtaining that wonderful star formation of lights that we see in movies et al.

The star effect is not related to shutter speed, you get that at small aperture values. If you tried something like f22 and 1/2000 shutter speed... you could get the star effect on the sun in broad daylight :)

Wolfff said:
The star effect is not related to shutter speed, you get that at small aperture values. If you tried something like f22 and 1/2000 shutter speed... you could get the star effect on the sun in broad daylight :)

Hehehe. I know that. :) I was referring to increasing the shutter speed in conjunction with decreasing aperture, you don't want a black holes do you? :D

The star effect is only connected with the aperture, in fact the number of blades in the iris makes up the shape of the star. :) Check out the effect that the Sony R1 creates with it's lens...it's wonderful...14 blades. :D

Talking of Panoramas...here are some from me. Neatly cropped. :D

This is Gulmarg at the half-way point of the cable-car ride. You can see the second half of the cable car towers reaching the hilltop to the extreme right of the pano. :) 6 shots make up this one.
1224244117_9f20cff6dc_o.jpg

This is a vertical panorama, my first real attempt. :D 5 shots taken on a vertical pan. To get a good idea of the size of the tree, look at the house behind it. :D

1224243395_eb3418c02f_o.jpg

More to follow from Kashmir. :eek:hyeah:

Payne

nukeu666 said:
nice
what did you use to stick them together?

PS CS2, though I prefer Canon's Photostitch application and the freeware Autostitch more. Autostitch is the best of the lot I feel for this. PS:CS2 is too painful and unintelligent. :D

I've got back to Canon and have stitched some majorly complex shots. :)

^ Perfect technique Smith!

Its a pity that our public places aren't maintained well like this fountain else it would be a superb shot with green or blue tiles along the waterfall!

Anish said:
^ Perfect technique Smith!

Its a pity that our public places aren't maintained well like this fountain else it would be a superb shot with green or blue tiles along the waterfall!

Thanks a lot mate.
Btw, I used a NDx8 filter for that shot.

Got myself a set of UV, Polarizing and NDx8 Filters from HOYA.

Here are 2 pics taken from my sis. W580i ..These pics are of my Home :eek:hyeah: thought why not start from Home itself :bleh:

P.s :- I am no pro. like you all :p So mind the quality ;)

Panorama from a place in the Polo forest

Red Dragonfly

Sunset @ Idar

Morning rose (clicked it when we'd stopped for tea in the morning!)

Back