The Photography Thread !

Doc: The concrete jungle seems a lit bit over-processed. The second one is distracting, I cannot seem to focus on anything, maybe a closer shot to the plastic would have been more orienting.

Another one from street children set:

IMG_2632 by Sahil Udani, on Flickr

Aces170 said:
Doc: The concrete jungle seems a lit bit over-processed. The second one is distracting, I cannot seem to focus on anything, maybe a closer shot to the plastic would have been more orienting.

Yes Sahil its over processed I was just playing with LR and liked the result so posted it. nothing to show off there what I did was reduced the exposure by 2 stops, increased the contrast and black levels a tad bit and the result is in front of you. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

flower by medpal Bhavin Patel, on Flickr

Took my new Olympus EP1 (17mm pancake lens) out for a spin - Just got this baby last week off eBay. Pleasantly surprised by the low light shots at ISO800.

C&C welcome :)

^ Nice snaps ! How much did you get the Olympus for and any particular reason for choosing it ? Still using the D40 as well ?

Got it for £280 and the only reason I bought it was because I was looking for a more portable camera since I miss so many photo ops as I don't feel like carrying the D40 everywhere. The D40 will still be my primary camera :)

_pappu_ said:
Got the Cokin P holder + hi-tech grads, thanks for the suggestion @ Abhishek :)

First run out with these babies today... I'm impressed.

DSC_9882 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9858 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9875 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9845 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9833 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9927 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_9795 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr
looks outstanding ..... can you post some details on how you took these ? and what location it is ?

Aces170 said:
Pappu: Nice pics!!

Gannu said:
Nice snaps pappu. New filters doing the trick eh? :p
Yup , still have much to learn though.
Naveen_Reloaded said:
looks outstanding ..... can you post some details on how you took these ? and what location it is ?
It is near bhpoal. Most were using hitech 0.9 hard-edge + 0.6 soft-edge Grad ND filters with the kit lens.
F8 , hyperfocal distance, thats about it :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Some other shots from the day. As far as the birds go, the 55-200 VR is at its limits, dont blame me :bleh:

Indian Roller by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Paradise Flycatcher - State Bird of MP by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

White Throated Kingfisher by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

DSC_0077 by Pranay Desai, on Flickr

Back