The Photography Thread !

@logistopath & krishnandu: Thanks a lot! :)

@Faheem: Remember all the poor souls whom you have corrupted with your audio gear. :p

@_pappu_: I use lightroom, auto-WB most of time/sometimes adjusting a bit to get slightly different tint... and then remaining adjustments as per the photo.

@Aces170 & Konquerror: I don't have predefined profiles for portraits in LR. What I usually do is make edits on one portrait and copy those settings across other similar photos, then tweak each one individually as required. But yeah, the idea of creating those baseline profiles has been running around in my mind for some time now.

Guess, I should finally start working on it. When I do, I'll make sure to share them here. :)

Somewhere near Panshet

IMG_3434.jpg

^ Amazing snaps App and Sriharsha . (that snap is too good for a mobile cam :O ) ! .

Here's another panaroma shot using the phone .The part near the sun is slightly overexposed :ashamed:.

jrGYG.jpg

I also shot lot of snaps with 30-40% overlap on the D90 but couldn't properly stitch them using Panaroma Factory or PTGui .(too complicated settings to understand :S ). Any who can help ?

Some shots from my recent Coorg trip.

Lamp by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Pot by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Wooden Blinds 1 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Wooden Blinds 2 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Wooden Blinds 3 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Window 1 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Window 3 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

But it's pink! 2 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Exoskeleton 1 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Monk Ties 2 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Buddhist Temple by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Coorg 2011 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Hallowed Rows by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Spectrum by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Spider by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Sony by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

The Constant Gardener by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Berries? by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Rin by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Lotus 1 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Lotus 3 by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Distant Mirrors by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

Red by GreaseMonk, on Flickr

@igo.

Those pics are just brilliant. brilliant. especially the backyard one. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@grease..

Except for the Buddhist temple, Red and the distant mirrors(which too 50~50). I dont like any other pics.

You are just trying to do the "Got-DSLR-Take-weird-angle pic" thing. :(. Everything is just Aperture/bokeh showoff.. :(

Hope u take this as a constructive kinda post.

ps. On second sweep the hallowed rows look intriguing

@sri

If that is a phone cam click, then you WIN this thread.

You just pwned folks with lacs worth of gear. :D

m-jeri said:
@grease..

Except for the Buddhist temple, Red and the distant mirrors(which too 50~50). I dont like any other pics.

You are just trying to do the "Got-DSLR-Take-weird-angle pic" thing. :(. Everything is just Aperture/bokeh showoff.. :(

Hope u take this as a constructive kinda post.

ps. On second sweep the hallowed rows look intriguing

Much appreciated. Help me do better.

m-jeri said:
Glad u understood. and u haven't answered the qn.

what is the hallowed rows? inside the temple? praying hall?
Both. Its a Buddhist temple near/in Coorg. There are three large statues of Buddha at the end and these rows of mats lined towards it. The monks sit on these during prayer time. Regret missing that, would have been quite a site.

FaH33m said:
^ Amazing snaps App and Sriharsha . (that snap is too good for a mobile cam :O ) ! .
m-jeri said:
@igo.

@sri

If that is a phone cam click, then you WIN this thread.

You just pwned folks with lacs worth of gear. :D
Thank you :)
Yes, that is from my phone's camera, although it sucks at normal shots, it takes brilliant close-up shots & macros :)

FaH33m said:

Here's another panaroma shot using the phone .The part near the sun is slightly overexposed :ashamed:.

jrGYG.jpg

I also shot lot of snaps with 30-40% overlap on the D90 but couldn't properly stitch them using Panaroma Factory or PTGui .(too complicated settings to understand :S ). Any who can help ?

use canon photostitch software, its IQ is good and automatic. also try inbuilt photoshop function to create panorama, I prefer Canon Photostitch more.

Back