The Photography Thread !

Tree of Death

306429_10150298164906008_710796007_8264019_560625060_n.jpg

karizma.r2008 said:
yes. you stay in udhampur?

Yeah, I used to. My father was in the Northern Command, Udhampur. The best railway station I've been to, absolutely serene. Too bad it has been undergoing construction recently.

Thanks guys

Faheem, I pre composed the pic before sunrise when there was some light, and as soon as it was pitch dark, I triggered and locked the shutter using a wired remote with exposure values at 30sec f4, and it will start taking pics till the battery runs out or I release the lock, Till then I chilled out with my friends at the camp site, keeping a check on the camera every hour. I aimed for 500 pictures which had gave me 4hrs of exposure, but the battery ran out.

ANP !!! said:
Thanks guys

Faheem, I pre composed the pic before sunrise when there was some light, and as soon as it was pitch dark, I triggered and locked the shutter using a wired remote with exposure values at 30sec f4, and it will start taking pics till the battery runs out or I release the lock, Till then I chilled out with my friends at the camp site, keeping a check on the camera every hour. I aimed for 500 pictures which had gave me 4hrs of exposure, but the battery ran out.

awesome work. congrats.

just a tip, few days ago i downloaded a photography tutorial of karl taylor. it was a similar kind of situation. what he did was he used a cable release and set the camera on bulb mode. now he locked the button of cable release so that the shutter remain open for as much time he wants and he used a high power torch to basically paint the house and the foreground. so that the housed are properly exposed to light while still capturing the star trails. but since there is water in your foregroung i doubt if the technique i told can be applicable or not.

Driver : Daniel Ricciardo... So At last Delhiites s got the taste of Burning of the rubber ...... eehh I mean 0.1 glimpse of F1 .
F1.jpg

F2%2B.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

f5.jpg

F6.jpg

F7.jpg

F8.jpg

Don't expect more pictures as double barracks made it very difficult to shoot
anyway .. Enjoy !!:chillout:`

karizma.r2008 said:
@gunsandroses

yes you are right. and btw say hello to your dad from my side. for people like him we can sleep peacefully at night. JAI HIND. :)

He's in civil services though, UHP was a 2-year tenure. But hats off to the soldiers of India, I went to Kargil/Siachen/Leh and it's remarkable how they can bear the worst of weather with the least of resources.

^^ 50mm is brilliqnt for portraits, nice bokeh .... Where is the superman shot where you came in front of the camera after clicking :p

Back