The Photography Thread !

South Bangalore. No filters used, straight from the phone.

iPhone 12 Mini

IMG-4080.JPG

Parashar Lake Himachal Pradesh. Shot on Sony ZV1.
View attachment 124084
Looks like you are an experienced vlogger. What do you recommend for someone who's looking to start making some vlogs around my farm. The LG G8X that I have takes quite good videos. So I was thinking of just getting something like a Fotopro Gorilla Pod and a gimbal and I already have a full size tripod, if needed. Or should I straightaway go for a GoPro setup.

Looks like you are an experienced vlogger. What do you recommend for someone who's looking to start making some vlogs around my farm. The LG G8X that I have takes quite good videos. So I was thinking of just getting something like a Fotopro Gorilla Pod and a gimbal and I already have a full size tripod, if needed. Or should I straightaway go for a GoPro setup.
If you are into casual vlogs and are satisfied with the quality you are getting then keep using your phone. But if you make long vlogs, the outside temperature is hot or you want to post it on youtube then you should go for a dedicated cam. An action camera like Go pro Hero 9/10 is the best for daytime vlogging. A slightly less expensive option with great daytime video quality, great battery life, great stabilization, better than go pro for night footage and good FOV is Fimipalm 2. I use DJI OSMO pocket for vlogs, its FOV is a bit narrow but it does the job for me. My recommendation for selfie style vlogging near farms which will be done mostly in daylight, is Go pro Hero 9. Go pro has solid build quality, is waterproof and has interchangeable battery which makes it more versatile as a selfie style vlogging cam.

If you are into casual vlogs and are satisfied with the quality you are getting then keep using your phone. But if you make long vlogs, the outside temperature is hot or you want to post it on youtube then you should go for a dedicated cam.

I am thinking of testing waters on Youtube with farm related content for starters. Since I do a lot of the farm work including lots of DiY work whether related to plumbing, electrical etc myself, one of my friends suggested that I should start keeping and sharing vlogs of the same. I just laid 800m of HDPE pipe at my farm and usually people get it done from installation teams, but I carried out the work myself with help of labor and machines. Also since I live in Himachal, 60kms from where you had taken this picture, I might end up vlogging local trips or hikes I take. For that purpose, I think something like the Pocket 2 will be better but for the farm work, a handheld tripod with my current phone should work for now.
Thanks for all the suggestions. It will certainly help me in making a decision in the future.

^^ +1 to your phone+ tripod setup. The image quality is likely to be the same, maybe even better with your LG v/s any of the small cameras.
What will help more, is to use an external mic while you are shooting. As they say, viewers can tolerate a bad video, but not bad audio.

Bhaja Caves, Malavli (near Lonavala), Maharashtra, India.
The main chaityagrha with a stupa, 27 octagonal shafts and teak wood beams.
There are 22 rock-cut caves and 14 stupas.

Instagram

Wiki

Samsung GS8. Overcast day.

EDIT : Ooops, looks like you need to login to Insta to view the pics. Sorry.
Anyway to bypass that ?

Last edited:
Back