The Photography Thread !

Had taken this in Jaisalmer on OP 8T

Jaisalmer.jpg

Bedse Caves, Kamshet, Maharashtra, India.

The entrance to the main chaityagrha; difficult to photograph due to lack of space and poor light. And, one of the surviving inscriptions above the door with English translation ( from 'Inscriptions from the cave-temples of western India' by Burgess & Pandit. 1881).

Samsung GS8.

Instagram

---

Attachments

• bedse_caves_033.jpg
    bedse_caves_033.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 72
  • bedse_caves_034.jpg
    bedse_caves_034.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 73
  • bedse_caves_035.jpg
    bedse_caves_035.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
To those of you who are interested in taking pictures of the moon, today is your chance to take the biggest image of the moon you can take. That's because the full moon coincides with one of the closest approaches the moon makes to the earth (perigee).

Today the moon is slightly more than 357000 km from the earth as opposed to more than 406000 km when it is farthest (apogee). Unfortunately for me, the weather is cloudy and I probably won't have a chance to take a picture. I've taken shots of the full moon at perigee and apogee in the past with the same camera and lens. The difference in image size is quite noticeable.

Here's a composite graph I made earlier this year showing the earth-moon distance along with the phases of the moon. Note that this is valid only for this year.

Attachments

• IST mod 10Jan22.png
    IST mod 10Jan22.png
    390 KB · Views: 80
It seems no one is interested in taking pictures of the moon. BTW full moon is not the best time to take dramatic shots of the moon. The surface is too evenly lit up for interesting shadows and contrasts to come out. The point of my post was that last night was a good time to capture the biggest image possible of the moon with a given camera and lens.

The sky cleared briefly last night and I did manage to get a few shots. Here's a sample.

Attachments

• P1032957.png
    P1032957.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 82
It seems no one is interested in taking pictures of the moon. BTW full moon is not the best time to take dramatic shots of the moon. The surface is too evenly lit up for interesting shadows and contrasts to come out. The point of my post was that last night was a good time to capture the biggest image possible of the moon with a given camera and lens.

The sky cleared briefly last night and I did manage to get a few shots. Here's a sample.
what equipment / devices you used? beautiful picture BTW!

I was closely watching this news for a while. Bangalore is mostly cloudy all day long. I’ll try to get an older shot I had taken years ago using a 250mm telephoto.

what equipment / devices you used? beautiful picture BTW!
Thanks, and sorry about the late reply. I don't know how I missed seeing your post earlier.

I used a Panasonic FZ1000 Mark II. In case you're not familiar with the model, it's a bridge camera, not an SLR or micro 4/3.
The settings were ISO 125, aperture f/4.0, shutter 1/640 sec., focal length 400mm equivalent.
I manipulated the brightness and contrast a bit with Irfanview. No Photoshop.

Back