The Saboteur

i drift all the way along while getting from one place to other.. apart from killing the people who get in my way ofcourse :p :p

kauzy said:
i drift all the way along while getting from one place to other.. apart from killing the people who get in my way ofcourse :p :p
Well I killed 5 in a row once and instantly got a warning/Punishment stating that my hideouts were not accessible for 1 minute. WTF? :p

@Ethan, need your expert opinion mate. hypothetically if iam to buy one game which would it be? Dirt 2 or The Saboteur?, i know they are of diff genres but i like them both equally (played GRID & AC twice each). so pick one for me, and if u can put in your expert opinion as to "why?"

memnom said:
@Ethan, need your expert opinion mate. hypothetically if iam to buy one game which would it be? Dirt 2 or The Saboteur?, i know they are of diff genres but i like them both equally (played GRID & AC twice each). so pick one for me, and if u can put in your expert opinion as to "why?"
That's a tough one and quite frankly, this would be a one sided opinion. I'm personally not into racing titles as much as you may be, so I didn't bother picking up Dirt 2. I still have DiRT, but hardly ever played it. You have the Demo for DiRT 2, so you could try that and make your choice.

As for The Saboteur, it's a mixed bag. Technically, people have reported the illegal copy to have a lot of issues like freezing, crashing and black screen on the main menu. I'm not sure if this is game related, it being an illegal copy, OS related or an ATI issue. Majority of the ATi folks are facing these issues and very rare number of Nvidia users. I am using it with my ATi HD4850 (Catalyst 9.10) on Windows XP SP2 and it's working perfectly. So won't be able to pin-point on the culprit.

The game overall is decent. Like everyone out here have already mentioned, it's a blend of GTA (map style, mission structure, side missions, mini-games etc.), Assassin's Creed (scaling structures) and a bit of Mafia (the ambience, art style, vehicle design etc). Majority of the mission structure is similar to GTA. You meet different characters, they provide you with the mission and your off to perform those. You'll have the usual elements like Safe houses, Black Market where you can get/upgrade weapons, garage to store or purchase new vehicle etc.

Storyline of the game is nothing special. You play Sean Devlin, an Irish bloke, who has affinity for everything from fast cars to smooth chicks. A flashback in the beginning shows Sean as a mechanic competing against a German named Dieker. Sean looses the race thanks to Dierker's devious trick. Sean, cocky as usual, decides to head to Dieker's place with his friend Jules and tries to even out with the German by ruining his sports car. He does that, only to get caught and locked up in some facility, where Dieker is plotting his devious scheme with some Nazi's, which Sean is unaware about. He questions Sean to be a British spy snooping around his place and Sean is clueless of what's going on. Dieker kills Jules and Sean somehow manages to escape from there. Fast forward to 3 months and we see Sean in Paris (which is infested by Nazi's) trying to find a way to figure out why his buddy got killed and what was actually going on. From here on you are introduced to a lot of characters who aid you in bringing down the Nazi's and helping Sean find Dieker. This includes the French Resistance and the British Intelligence (WOW! No Americans? YAY! :p).

The overall art style is pretty good. The black and white aura is created to show the Nazi concentration and hence reflecting the dark mood of the game. As you keep completing missions and support the French in their revolution, colour is slowly restored in those areas. You'll have gratuitous amount of nudity in the game. Sean's main hideout, believe it or not, is in the belle surrounded by topless women all around. ;)

The voice acting is good, although it seems to have some American actors faking an Irish and French accent, which is ridiculous. Some conversations are really funny though. The music has the 70's jazzy touch. It complements properly to the game.

You'll have a perk system in the game, which is similar to achievements on the 360. It helps you polish your shooting and driving skills. You have the ability to go stealthy or wipe out the Nazi's Rambo style. You can disguise yourself by stealth killing a Nazi and assuming his uniform a la Hitman. You will have a suspicion meter which shows you the level of suspicion you are in and if they raise the alarm, your cover is blown. The vehicle handling is absolutely busted. There is virtually no realistic damage and run slow as junk, except for the race cars. You also have a weapon upgrade and unlocking system which is pretty much borrowed concept from Red Faction: Guerilla. You need to destroy Nazi towers, radio stations etc. to get contraband. Once you have enough contraband, you can head to the Black Market and get your ammo, newer weapons and upgrade existing arsenal.

So overall, it's a decent game with mediocre graphics to boot. Nothing great, but good for killing time, if you don't have any other title to try out.

How does this game perform on modest systems?

Does it have aspect ratio as an option? I think I will need this option as I won't be able to play using my native resolution.

The reason I am asking about this is because this year everytime a free roam game came out, it was full of bugs.

Just finished the game the main story actually .so i've completed 85 percent in 9 hrs:) story was awesome . Never got bored in any part of the game . Every mission kept me gripped on.i would recommend this to every one.:)

I shifted to Windows 7 and guess what? The game is f*cked now. :p

I knew I should have completed it while I was on XP and then moved to Win7. I guess will either have to wait for a fix now or ditch the game altogether.

^^Why whats happening. I experienced a similar thing when i played NFS Shift. On XP the game was very smooth. On Windows 7 there was a drop in fps. I have only 2gb of ram. I guess thats the problem

swordfish123 said:
^^Why whats happening. I experienced a similar thing when i played NFS Shift. On XP the game was very smooth. On Windows 7 there was a drop in fps. I have only 2gb of ram. I guess thats the problem
Well the game freezes when you hit the options screen. The screen just stays put while I can hear the music in the background and click sounds.

I shifted to Windows 7 and guess what? The game is f*cked now.

Playing on 7, works perfect :p

Completed the main story mode. Decent game. Now trying for all the perks (only 3 perks left , a Silver and Gold for the car collection one and the gold one for the Stealth kills).

Freaky said:
Its an issue with ATi and Win 7 / Vista. Can't help :p

There is a workaround which involves disabling one core for Dual Core processors and 3 cores for the Quad processors. This is lame, as the game's performance (which is anyway sucky) becomes almost unplayable. So guess what, it's high time ATi fixes it's driver releases. :(

Ethan_Hunt said:
I shifted to Windows 7 and guess what? The game is f*cked now. :p

I knew I should have completed it while I was on XP and then moved to Win7. I guess will either have to wait for a fix now or ditch the game altogether.

I'm playing on win 7.. absolutely no issues.. its working fine.. guess thats coz i have a nvidia card :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
There is a workaround which involves disabling one core for Dual Core processors and 3 cores for the Quad processors. This is lame, as the game's performance (which is anyway sucky) becomes almost unplayable. So guess what, it's high time ATi fixes it's driver releases. :(

Exactly. I tried the workaround and it sucked :|

All those who were facing that game freezes issue in ATI drivers did any one get its solution....i am also facing same issue....why only ATI users are facing this issue why not nvidia this game is not even nvidia optimized.......need help from TE or else @ATI i am surely going to switch to nvidia

|Aman| said:
All those who were facing that game freezes issue in ATI drivers did any one get its solution....i am also facing same issue....why only ATI users are facing this issue why not nvidia this game is not even nvidia optimized.......need help from TE or else @ATI i am surely going to switch to nvidia

read this thread about the beta patch that came out.

BETA Patch Report/Support Thread - The Saboteur Issues & Tech Help - The Saboteur: EA Forums

ati users should be used to games not working properly at release. it happens so often now ;)

Got 1 solution

Steps to turn off cores: (For Windows 7)

1.) Open MSCONFIG

2.) Select the “Boot” tab

3.) Click on “Advanced Options”

4.) Check “Number of Processors”

5.) Select “1” from dropdown menu

6.) Click “Apply”

7.) Restart machine

its working but what is the use of having 4core or multi core

2nd downloading The Saboteur Patch

Age Gate | The Saboteur

No result after installing the patch same core setting to be done

See THIS GAMES IS OPTIMIZED FOR ATI AND NOT RUNNING PROPERLY ON ANY OF ATI CARD(WHAT IS THIS HAPPENING) AND ALSO SAYING RUNS GREAT ON i7 What i7 IS SINGLE CORE CPU OR WHAT,IF NOT THEN WHY SHOULD A USER MANUALLY SET THIS GAME FOR RUNNING AT SINGLE CORE.........GOOD KNOWS WHAT IS THIS HAPPENING

6yjqr4.jpg

Back