The Saboteur

you should read the first post of the thread i linked earlier... it has a method which will allow you to select 1 core only when the game is running... if you do it in the boot options, your whole computer will be running on 1 core all the time.

spindoctor said:
you should read the first post of the thread i linked earlier... it has a method which will allow you to select 1 core only when the game is running... if you do it in the boot options, your whole computer will be running on 1 core all the time.
ok but how it is running properly on nvidia gpu's? is it because of physx?
Jason Bourne said:
patch worked for me on ATI 4850 on windows 7 64 bit............. Game is a hybrid of AC and GTA.....
yay
Mine didn't work after patch tooo what driver version you are using?

|Aman| said:
ok but how it is running properly on nvidia gpu's? is it because of physx?

i seriously doubt it has anything to do with physx. the fact is, nvidia has a much stronger developer relations program than ati does. that's why most games work just fine with nvidia out of the box, because they have a lot of testing and dev support going on through the development. ati has been caught out quite a few times when it comes to dev rel.

more importantly, you have to remember that the developers (pandemic studios) were fired a few weeks before the game released. this must have certainly affected the testing and final coding of the game. although i have to admit, it's beyond ridiculous that the game was completely unplayable on ati and whoever tested it missed this. worst software testing of the decade award goes to... :tongue:

spindoctor said:
i seriously doubt it has anything to do with physx. the fact is, nvidia has a much stronger developer relations program than ati does. that's why most games work just fine with nvidia out of the box, because they have a lot of testing and dev support going on through the development. ati has been caught out quite a few times when it comes to dev rel.

more importantly, you have to remember that the developers (pandemic studios) were fired a few weeks before the game released. this must have certainly affected the testing and final coding of the game. although i have to admit, it's beyond ridiculous that the game was completely unplayable on ati and whoever tested it missed this. worst software testing of the decade award goes to... :tongue:

Ok thanks man for that developer relations program information:)

Finally got the game working using the beta patch on Windows 7. No more freezes occurred since then. Will complete the game after I complete Bayonetta. :)

To be honest, I'm loving this game :D The initial frustration of not getting the game to run and wait for the patch is all gone once I started playing :p Real fun this one.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Finally got the game working using the beta patch on Windows 7. No more freezes occurred since then. Will complete the game after I complete Bayonetta. :)

Damn you :( i allways wanted to play the game :( bayonetta looks really awesome can you post some screenies of it i hope inaba releases the game on pc :p but that never gonna happen is it

ubergeek said:
Damn you :( i allways wanted to play the game :( bayonetta looks really awesome can you post some screenies of it i hope inaba releases the game on pc :p but that never gonna happen is it
I completed it few days back and trust me, even I would love to have a PC version. If SEGA obliges, then this would be a frickin' awesome title to cross platforms along with Dante's Inferno.

Anyway, I resumed The Saboteur yesterday. The missions are now getting a bit difficult.

Completed the game yesterday night. Was one hell of an experience. Very good story line. The game lagged badly in high settings so i got the beta patch and got it working in medium.

I'm playing in Win 7 Ult 64bit. Works fine.

Gannu said:
^Is it working fine on Win 7? :p

No crashes yet?
Yep. I didn't experience any crashing issue in Windows 7. For me, it was the menu freezing issue, post patching, which seems to have been corrected.
Freaky said:
Ethan, what missions are you on now ?
Well I just got through one of Margot's mission where I have to get Bryman out of a Nazi holding facility. I can't imagine how I drove though a horde of Nazi assault vehicles. The slow health depletion factor really helps in this game. I'm about 47% through the game now. Also completed one of Luc's mission to destroy a cannon.

^Please keep away from OT posts in this thread! You can enquire about these in the market sale threads.

Besides, it's Uncharted!

I'm going to buy the game today
are all issues regarding this game on ati graphics resolved?
i have a hd4770
You won't regret it. Anyway only a beta patch has been released till now so you can expect a full final patch soon. A game sponsored by ATI lags badly in ATI only.

Back