The Samsung Galaxy S thread

ahd said:
Is it free and can it be used Offline ?
It's not free but can be used offline!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Superfrag said:
For the Vibrant, I'm still on the Bionix Fusion 2.1 ROM. I would wait for Eugene and Bionix to improve their 2.2 ROM's w.r.t bugfixes and performance improvements before updating.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2.
There is a new updated 2.2 ROM from bionix which is based on the official froyo (JF2) release! Supposedly, the ROM is working amazingly well on most Vibrants!

Pat said:
@Hrithan: You should go for MobileMaps India (MapMyIndia) maps instead of Brut's maps! How well is your GPS working though?

Dude, it costs more than Rs 2,000 !! (I already have gprs connection and will get 3G provided there is a good airtel plan available. ) The only reason I want some offline maps is for the cases where I am roaming, or connection is not available or slow etc. (Plus it would be cool)..
So anyone using Brut Maps' online capabilities could give me a help ? Also, if possible answer some other doubts I had in the previous post ;)

hatter said:
It's hardware glitch... there is no fix if you are unlucky to have a particularly bad GPS on Galaxy S.
WHAT!! lol, Its a software problem, has already been fixed for all Galaxy S variants for quite some time.. although with the fix my Vibrant locks on, but not as well or quick as my G2.

just wanted to let you guys know that the seller i bought my T-mobile vibrant from has listed a few more on Ebay. Its quite a steal for Rs.20K IMHO. So grab em while they last. The peice i recieved was brand new and i unlocked it using the unlocker app from the market. It doesnt come with the box , headphones , cable , or warranty , but is still a really good deal for the price.

Global Easy Buy

@^
Dude, for 6K-7K more, you can get a brand new Galaxy S with warranty and all accessories.
I believe paying 7K more is totally worth it.

Also, when you buy a new phone with warranty, resale value is also higher.

raymasky said:
just wanted to let you guys know that the seller i bought my T-mobile vibrant from has listed a few more on Ebay. Its quite a steal for Rs.20K IMHO. So grab em while they last. The peice i recieved was brand new and i unlocked it using the unlocker app from the market. It doesnt come with the box , headphones , cable , or warranty , but is still a really good deal for the price.

Global Easy Buy
I got mine with all boxes and accessories and stuff for 17k.

And no, its not a CDMA phone.

sreenisatish said:
@^
Dude, for 6K-7K more, you can get a brand new Galaxy S with warranty and all accessories.
I believe paying 7K more is totally worth it.

Also, when you buy a new phone with warranty, resale value is also higher.

well...I'll only think of selling the phone after a year , so warranty would not be an issue during the resale anyways. Its a risk you have to take...but getting the phone for 2/3rds of the retail price (after using Ebay coupons) is quite a steal :p .All depends on your risk appetite :)

@khanvis2009,
Have you given smart keyboard pro a try? You might like it.. (I tried it on the tiny Xperia x10 mini pro and was surprised that it worked so well...But, manually typing space is slowly becoming a PITA..thanks to swype ;) ... )

i got this phone yesterday seriously i dont like the keypad on it at all .. anyway to get the iphone keypad ?.. i cant find any free keypads in the market section .

can someone tell me how to get any keypad on this for free . cant handle swype as well ..would prefer the htc or iphone keypad on this ..

Superfrag said:
WHAT!! lol, Its a software problem, has already been fixed for all Galaxy S variants for quite some time.. although with the fix my Vibrant locks on, but not as well or quick as my G2.

No it's not a software problem. Samsung can make certain software tweaks to improve GPS performance but it will never be as good as what you can get on other phones. There is no proper fix for Galaxy S GPS issue and it's something even the Samsung guys, whom i talk to regularly, admit.

Also, not all handsets suffer from same degree of GPS issues. Some galaxy S phones, just random phones, perform better, while some others completely fail to lock. May be you got lucky with your Vibrant.

Back