The Samsung Galaxy S thread

ranjan2001 said:
You can call it inferior but that in reality is mated with the amoled screen.

Actually you cant compare like that, the graphic & cpu are designed keeping the output on screen in mind.

Lest say phone 1 has higher capacity to hog power & comes with a battery of 1500mA

vs

phone 2 has lower capacity to hog power & comes with a battery of 1650mA

which one is better?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok great but in real life usage where will that benifit,

while watching movie on a small screen?

making a video call?

playing high fps games?

browsing the internet?

playing songs in the background & yet multi tasking?
With the phone market moving so fast, its never about what you need now, but what you may need in the near future :)

That's how I think, but that's alright if you think differently!

i ordered 8 gig verbatim class for for 600 check on ebay. also my samsung is not connecting to kies properly, am using win7 64 bit. when i try to update it says no device connected rest mass storage and all work ? whts wrong ? or is phone faulty ??

ranjan2001 said:
at 25K what extra you get is amoled screen (which is a battery hog) & 16gb of space,

when I compare this with my I9003 it looks better at 19K as I can always buy micro sd card 16gb @1700/-
Amoled display consumes very less battery.... SLCD is a battery hog

jesal said:
i ordered 8 gig verbatim class for for 600 check on ebay. also my samsung is not connecting to kies properly, am using win7 64 bit. when i try to update it says no device connected rest mass storage and all work ? whts wrong ? or is phone faulty ??
Did you change the default samsung launcher. I think kies works only with default one.

After reading lots i found that though samoled uses very very less energy for showing black color but it uses three times more for showing a white color

so finally the benefit is nullified

The new amoled to be introduced in sgs2 improves on this and is very energy efficient

Lets see but am loving my sgs after using so many htc phones(poor battery, poor video codecs, poor loudspeaker for ringtones, but great Sense interface)

Back