The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Go to Settings in your menu, in setting choose Location and security, in that select lock screen with PIN/ or pattern if you prefer. Hope that helps.

there is no option like"select lock screen with pin " only option i can see is 1 set unlock pattern 2 require pattern 3 use visible pattern 4 use tactile pattern

i want pin option with slide to unlock

Hey, im using Galaxy, now recently for some official reason my company has been pressurizing us to purchase nokia C5, saying that it has a feature to upload latitude / longitude along with the image, now i don't know if its an inbuilt quality of the phone or there is any app for this. I don't wish to spend 7200 rs just to click images along with lat's & long's. Is there any application available for Galaxy that can do this work?

P.s - MTS is crashing since forever, how do i clear the problem?

Yes, today I checked out some stores in Kolkata and they all said that Samsung is not sending any new stock for Galaxy S.

The same was confirmed by a friend from New Delhi.

The prices of Samsung tablet have also been slashed!

kestrel5915 said:
Yes, today I checked out some stores in Kolkata and they all said that Samsung is not sending any new stock for Galaxy S.

The same was confirmed by a friend from New Delhi.

The prices of Samsung tablet have also been slashed!
Whats the price of galaxy tab now? I wanna purchase .

techpal said:
Whats the price of galaxy tab now? I wanna purchase .
Sorry Buddy, but I didn't actually check the tab price but thats what was told to me by my friend who got the info from Reliance Digital, Gurgaon.

kestrel5915 said:
Sorry Buddy, but I didn't actually check the tab price but thats what was told to me by my friend who got the info from Reliance Digital, Gurgaon.
Thanks a lot. I think it had come down to 30 - 31k.

Can anyone plz tell whats the easiest link to rooting Galaxy S running stock froyo ?? Is it better to do update via phone or via ODIN software(just did a basic google and not very sure of this)

^ Have you installed voodoo lagfix by any chance ? because that has basic root features built into it. Otherwise I think there are a few applications out there like one click root which are very easy to use. Check XDA forums.
Beware of some fake apps in market there. Last time there was a chinese version of the one click root with same logo and name and no clue what that would do.
Changing the subject , themed my galaxy to android phone 7 :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guyz, Day before yesterday I also got my Samsung Galaxy S, Flashed with 2.2.1 Froyo,

I have installed Voodoo apps and lot of other apps. Damn this is very fast. I can easily drag the phone with lotsa apps.

But unfortunately my Prepaid cards was charged Rs150 within 1hour of internet and download usage.

Searching an option for changing my services from BPL.

Hi guys,
I need some help here. I have a SGS indian phone with froyo. I used odin yesterday to install cfroot and then installed voodoolagfix using update.zip method. after that everything was fine. later today I tried installing the [THEME] Midnight Theme for JPU/JPX/JPY/JS3 - xda-developers theme. and after that the phone is hung at the boot screen with the andriod robot image and an anim circling around it.

what should I do now? I tried factory reset but it doesnt work. :(

EDIT: never mind, I just reflashed the stock firmware from I9000DDJP6|2.2|2010 November and the phone boots now. huh!

Back