The Samsung Galaxy S thread

I tried Darky v9.0, and got horrible battery drain. :( So I flashed back to stock 2.1 and then to the european JPY. Everything is cool now, but I can't root my phone. z4mod doesn't work, neither does superoneclick. What do I do now?

zhopudey said:
I tried Darky v9.0, and got horrible battery drain. :( So I flashed back to stock 2.1 and then to the european JPY. Everything is cool now, but I can't root my phone. z4mod doesn't work, neither does superoneclick. What do I do now?

I've been using stock firmware + voodoo lagfix from the start. Voodoo comes with root by default. All you need to do is install busybox and superuser from market.
Currently on 2.2.1 JPY and voodoo 5.2. Heres the installation procedure. I used odin and flashed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...review?pli=1&sle=true#heading=h.xv9t20-lhts54

After seeing the crappy Airtel 3G plans, I moved my BSNL SIM to the Galaxy S. Unfortunately for me, BSNL's signal is not the strongest in my office, so it is constantly switching from 3.5 to 3G to EDGE as I move around the building. This is taking a toll on the battery life, I used to end up with 50-60% at the end of the day, now it is close to 20%. So, I want to consider buying a spare battery just in case. Any idea about the availability and cost of an original battery?

Of all darkys I find 8.0 awesome.

Am on 9.1 and this is also good.voodoo sound app is awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

On other news Galaxy S is being reintroduced again, I think its also available for preorder on flipkart

at 25K what extra you get is amoled screen (which is a battery hog) & 16gb of space,

when I compare this with my I9003 it looks better at 19K as I can always buy micro sd card 16gb @1700/-

16gb is 1300 and 8gb is 600 on ebay mate. sandisk with 5 yrs warranty. i also ordered the samsung GSL. should come tomo lets see. also getting i4.

jesal said:
16gb is 1300 and 8gb is 600 on ebay mate. sandisk with 5 yrs warranty. i also ordered the samsung GSL. should come tomo lets see. also getting i4.
16gb @1300 will be class 2 sc card

I am taking about class 4 which is faster read/write hence bit expensive

ranjan2001 said:
at 25K what extra you get is amoled screen (which is a battery hog) & 16gb of space,
when I compare this with my I9003 it looks better at 19K as I can always buy micro sd card 16gb @1700/-
:lol: The I9003 has PowerVR SGX530 and the I9000 has the mighty PowerVR SGX540 which was the best mobile GPU for almost an year till the Dual core Tegra's and the Mali 400 came around.

The SGX 540 is 2-3 times as powerful as the SGX530

kalpik said:
SL has an inferior CPU and GPU than SGS.. :)
You can call it inferior but that in reality is mated with the amoled screen.

Actually you cant compare like that, the graphic & cpu are designed keeping the output on screen in mind.

Lest say phone 1 has higher capacity to hog power & comes with a battery of 1500mA

vs

phone 2 has lower capacity to hog power & comes with a battery of 1650mA

which one is better?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

DarkAngel said:
:lol: The I9003 has PowerVR SGX530 and the I9000 has the mighty PowerVR SGX540 which was the best mobile GPU for almost an year till the Dual core Tegra's and the Mali 400 came around.

The SGX 540 is 2-3 times as powerful as the SGX530
Ok great but in real life usage where will that benifit,

while watching movie on a small screen?

making a video call?

playing high fps games?

browsing the internet?

playing songs in the background & yet multi tasking?

Back