The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Just installed I570EXXJCF ...

These people at Samsung are just getting better and better!!

Freaking awesome cache management! More free memory (Up from 132 to 147)

And even after installing whatever i had installed earlier i still have 44 MB free!! (this was earlier down to 20-25 MB)...

Just too good...

Facebook integration has been fixed too!

As for NPS 1.5 .... tried it on Windows 7 64bit/32bit and Windows Xp 32 bit ... NO GO!!

So had to use Odin....

I can go on a safely say that JCF is the best firmware so far :)

frankmehta said:
I am generally the first few people to tune in to new firmware but this damn ODIN is just not going ahead :-(

Is the phone detected in odin at all ?

If it is detected and not proceeding then use this trick

start the flash as soon as it is detected in com port, dont waste more than 5 seconds and it will work.

It is weird but looks like some other application is blocking the com port if we wait a bit.

Hi friends , I m using apple I phone scratch guard for my samsung spica, its better to have something than nothing.

By the way, I am not able to connect my HOME WIFI (BSNL) on this phone. It shows connected to my Home WIFI but I am not able to surf the web?

Any good advise from your side?

Thanks

Vikas

njankit said:
@ViKid
Can u post benchmark results of ur new firmware here
Edit: U can get the benchmark app from the market

There are several Benchmark apps out there....

Any specific one?

I tried LinPack for Android and the results are somewhere around 3.40 MFLOPS. (Nowhere close to the snapdragons but yes close enough for the Milestone's)

Will post screens from one more app ...

Here you go :

31552608.png

58290431.png

44094596.png

44317743.png

68460119.png

Hi VikiD,

Thanks for your reply. I am having BSNL WIFI connection at my home and when I try to connect to WIFI, Spica ask for WEP HEX Key. I have a user name and password as well as password for WIFI connection given by BSNL.

I have converted that password into WEP HEX KEY by using a WEP HEX Key generator . I have also tried to connect to WIFI both by entering WIFI password as well as WEP HEX Key number and with both of them the phone get connected to WIFI but I am not able to browse internet as the browser shown no connection.

I have NOKIA Siemens Network ADSL WIFI Modem, don't know anything about Router make?

Hello VikiD,

It is Residential Router 1600 Nokia Seimens Network ADSL MODEM. Once again I tried and the phone shows connected to my Home Network but still no internet access possible.

I am not able to answer calls using the earphones .I mean even if i press the call button i am not able to answer the calls but i am able to play and pause songs .Is there any setting i need to enable for me to pick calls using earphones??

Does anyone have a good A2SD method other than the one posted on samdroid ? My internal mem is full n i need to push my apps to the SD card. Oh btw... ... you guys have heard of this app called "apktor" right ? Download it n DM me for the repository URL for access to goldmine of apps... :p

Back