The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

m.a. said:
@ViKiD Thanks. Another question? Have you guys registered your phone with Samsung? I could't find the phone model on the Samsung India website! Isn't warranty going to be an issue without product registration?

Yep someone from Samsung called me up and asked for the details....

@tallyme

There is a issue with the BSNL wireless routers....dont know why it doesnt work.

Same problem for my friend.

Works fine with D-Link/Netgear/Buffalo/other makes.

raymasky said:
check your router settings. looks like a mac filtering / max connection limit issue.

The phone"s mac address is shown connected in the router...
I manually entered the mac address too so that dosent seem to be the problem... any other pointers

can anyone else confirm if this phone is working with UTStarcom_WA3002G4
or with BSNL routers in specific...

Edit:- SOLVED
1) Went to Settings>wireless controls>wi-fi settings> press the tray with arrow button on the keypad .
2) Choose advanced >regulatory domain>11channels.
3) Use Static IP (Fill in the settings)
4) Voila!!!
:eek:hyeah:
*******************************************************************************************************************

heartv said:
Hey guys,

Still no reply. Anyone knows how to connect Galaxy Spica to Home WIFI (BSNL)

Thanks Vikas

maybe this would solve your problem too....
cheers

ViKiD said:
Yep someone from Samsung called me up and asked for the details....

Wow! How did Samsung know you'd bought a Spica? I bought it from Ebay. I think I better call Samsung. Anybosy else who's got his/ her phone registered with Samsung?

raymasky said:
check your router settings. looks like a mac filtering / max connection limit issue.

Let me add to that list ... :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

FreeDroid.Tk

Whoa

What a link
I downloaded all the applications...came to around 5.14 GBs :clap:
But :clap:am not sure if they all will run under 1.5 or if if any of them hv any virus problems...

ppl anyone of you...using apps from the above link...plz report

on retrospect...i dont know why all the files got downloaded twice...
so the full download size wud be 2.57 GBs...
anyways who cares:p

@m.a

I bought it from a Samsung Plaza.

@raymasky

first ill suggest you to upgrade to I570EXXJCF, its much much better and stable.

ViKiD said:
@m.a

I bought it from a Samsung Plaza.

@raymasky

first ill suggest you to upgrade to I570EXXJCF, its much much better and stable.

but "E" series is eclair right ? I herd its still very laggy n sammy is trying to work out the kinks. think i'll wait for the official release.. :D

E does not stand for Eclair.
It stands for experimental.

And no it is not laggy. It is.somewhat very close to the official release.

The DDJB2 on the other is, yes, very very laggy. There have been no asian firmware updates since a long time now...

As I said earlier XXJCF IS by far the best 2.1 release I have tried.

Also I have observed one thing that the international firmwares are much snappier and better than the asian ones...even the Android 1.5 ones.

ViKiD said:
E does not stand for Eclair.
It stands for experimental.

And no it is not laggy. It is.somewhat very close to the official release.

The DDJB2 on the other is, yes, very very laggy. There have been no asian firmware updates since a long time now...

As I said earlier XXJCF IS by far the best 2.1 release I have tried.

Also I have observed one thing that the international firmwares are much snappier and better than the asian ones...even the Android 1.5 ones.

What about the IMEI getting changed to 00000000000000000 issue? am actually worried about that...else would have migrated to Eclair in a jiffy... :)

Well I have flashed my phone more than 50 times now.

And not to mention 3 other for my friends....never faced the issue...and from what I think people who are facing this issue are either using badly downloaded/corrupted ROM'S or doing sonething wrong in odin. Or might be using modded ROM'S...

ViKiD said:

And not to mention 3 other for my friends....never faced the issue...and from what I think people who are facing this issue are either using badly downloaded/corrupted ROM'S or doing sonething wrong in odin. Or might be using modded ROM'S...

Do you have an updated guide on how to flash the latest Eclair firmware ? Plz DM me or post the details. Thnx

E in the newer firmwares apparently stands for Eclair. I570EXXJCE is the official/final german firmware as ppl are able to update to it via NPS.

I570EXXJCF is an official/final release too but i cant remember for which country.

Well i read it somewhere on the Samsung-firmwares forum....

It was posted by some moderator or higher up dude....

Also people who are updating using NPS get the firmware with an "E" only for a couple of firwares (Like the JCE and JCF)

Other wise it is I5700XXxxx

tallyme said:
The phone"s mac address is shown connected in the router...
I manually entered the mac address too so that dosent seem to be the problem... any other pointers

can anyone else confirm if this phone is working with UTStarcom_WA3002G4
or with BSNL routers in specific...

Edit:- SOLVED
1) Went to Settings>wireless controls>wi-fi settings> press the tray with arrow button on the keypad .
2) Choose advanced >regulatory domain>11channels.
3) Use Static IP (Fill in the settings)
4) Voila!!!
:eek:hyeah:
*******************************************************************************************************************

maybe this would solve your problem too....
cheers

Hello tallyme,

My Mac address of phone is not listed in router website should I do it?
In that case I have to enable the Mac filtering option which right now is disabled?

Please also tell me which static IP setting you have used, I tried it also but don't know it was right or wrong with no success.
Thanks

ViKiD said:

Buddy,

Since you have flashed the phone more than 50 times...Can you post the best guide available on the web and the list of what not to do while flashing...

Also what to do...In case of emergencies...Like phone not booting up after flashing...Its good if we have an idea of these things...

Cheers
SGX100

Im kinda busy with some articles and a review for a day or two, so wasnt able to post it last night.

Ill do it asa i get the time.

Im not posting a time pass guide since this is a very fragile process and one mistake might just lead to more problems....

adityamunshi said:
It is possible to save SMS to computer from the i5700 ?

use the app called "sms backup" from the market. its by an Indian Developer. :) ...the app stores the messages as a .XML file on your SDcard. them you can open the XML file in word or excel...or just backup and restore the messages using the app itself. :hap2:

Back