The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

hi guys,

Nice thread. I got lots of info on the spica, that I'm looking forward to buy.
I have some doubts pls clarify
  1. I have inquired about spica in many shops. They say they have no stocks and some others said they have not heard about any like that. When I said about android "woh kya hai saar androi naam ki koi phone main nahi jaanta" "aap corby lelo bahut acchhaa hai Is mein feather touch hain ga ga ga ga " I was like :mad: but came out saying a word

Now why is that?? Has samsung stopped selling this??
  2. Even there's no info on samsung website. They are more bothered to sell their dumb smartphones corby n star!
    As of now, I have to inquire in some more shops or get it from ebay.
  3. Has any one bought a white one?? Is it available in India??

No Spica in Chennai?

Has someone managed to get the Spica in Chennai? I've been searching everywhere! No one seems to be stocked but they quote the price at 12.6-12.8k. :huh:

Guys, please point me to a shop where this phone is available. :( Is it possible that Samsung has stopped shipping it for a factory Eclair update? :eek:hyeah:

I got the screen guards i had ordered from ebay today. They arent a perfect i.e. the lower edges perfectly but the upper edges seem hand cut and dont align as well as the original.

Wraith said:
I got the screen guards i had ordered from ebay today. They arent a perfect i.e. the lower edges perfectly but the upper edges seem hand cut and dont align as well as the original.

i ordered mine from ebay hongkong. a set of 3 guards for $2. total VFM !! :hap2:

Currently Spica is only avail on eBay!

Guys - I think I've noticed 1/2 dead pixels, has anybody come across this as well?!?

Wraith said:

Also, about the screen guards there was none in the box, also there wasnt any on the screen, was it suppossed to be there?

From here :

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-i5700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I received it yesterday .... its seriously awesome totally worth the price!!

One time investment .... and i dont think anyone will regret it...

Also the grip on the phone has improved and the touch sensitivity is slightly better...(most probably because of the default one being a little too thick)

PS: I have a 50% off coupon and 2 x 25% off coupons ...let me know if anyone wants em :)

Also the price on the website states 24$ for the full body .... but i got charged 19.9$ including shipping (5 $'s) after using a 20% off coupon....(should have been 25$ shipped)

@Vikid can u give me a coupon i will be getting in the 2nd week of May once i am in NZ .I have ZAGG sheilds on my cam,laptop and my mp3 player.They are really good

How long is the battery lasting for u folks??,i fell mine has a problem.One single charge is not even lasting 24 hours .This is my usage 2 hours of music,2hours of wifi ,2 to 3 hours of talking and the battery dies :(

Well for me its almost the same with 2-3 hours of wifi and 1 hour of robo defense... and 3-4 hours of talking...

Other wise with around 2-3 hours of talking and 30 minutes of robo defense it last for about 48 -52 hours....

and with very very moderate use (like 2-3 hours of intermittent talking) makes it last for around 2-3 days...

Also it'll be better if you use a good task manager and close all idle apps after 10-15 hours.....

Do try and cycle the battery once or twice...might help..

IMO its the wifi which drains battery like anything (also check if GPs is on or off)

I was also worried in the beginning but after i started using it like just another phone .... battery life was pretty good!

ViKiD said:
IMO its the wifi which drains battery like anything (also check if GPs is on or off)

I was also worried in the beginning but after i started using it like just another phone .... battery life was pretty good!

GP ? sorry if am sounding stupid...

Back