The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

^^ pricing is ridiculous, doesnt matter what mrp is.

buy those for 11.5-12k range.

you can easily update to 2.1

if you can't, then samsung will do it for you.

Well its Launcher Pro ( The Latest Beta ) + 2.0.6 Beta 3 Kernel + JIT ARM11 Optimized... :)

And yes the Gallery is the fixed version of the Nexus 3D gallery ... :) Its called Gallery3D 2

Thanks for the quick reply...it seems that the box price for the older version was 19k and the one with the new OS is 14k. i am getting it for 12.5k. I am simply fed up with availability issues, dont mind paying a bit more...

anyway can i tell if the piece is refurbished or not?

1.6 for the Spica? I don't think so! Are you sure it's the Spica? Is it possible that you've confused it with Samsung Galaxy (GT-I7500)? Spica is GT-I5700.

Hi,

Did anyone manage to get Sygic mobile maps 9 to work on their spica? It keeps on crashing on my DDJC5 firmware with samdroid mod and Kernel 2.0.6beta.

If yes, can you please tell me your firmware?

Thanks

Installed Swype. Have been using it all day. It is quite good. Used to mistype a lot with the default keypad and smart keypad. This one has really increased my typing speed.

Guys,

I'm buying this phone in a week, But before buying are there any other phones within 15 grands? Should i wait or buy it right away with the Android Eclair OS?

^^^ Check the Xperia X10 mini.

it is getting 2.1 in September or so..

But has got all we need...

5MP cam with LED Flash.....

Small to fit in every pocket...

Superb phone...

galois said:
Hey guys...sorry for hijacking the launcher conversation...this is SOS...well kinda :p
I am getting 2 Spica phones but the guy said the box says the OS version is 1.6 and the price on the box is 14750/-
I didnt know that the spica was ever launched with 1.6...i thought they jumped from 1.5 to 2.1
People who have bought the phone, what did your box say? should i go for it...even if it has 1.6, would the upgrade to a stable 2.1 be easy (i guess it is, but just needed some confirmation)

thanks...!

PS: and yeah...is there any way to tell if the phones are brand new and not refurbished ??

thanks for the replies guys...got it yesterday and it has 2.1-update1, i570EDDJC5, kernel version-2.6.29, build number-Eclair DDJC5
Posted the contact details for the store in another thread on the same forum (spica availability).
Is this the best build? what apps are a must-have?

teja92 said:
^^^ Check the Xperia X10 mini.

it is getting 2.1 in September or so..

But has got all we need...

5MP cam with LED Flash.....

Small to fit in every pocket...

Superb phone...

I checked the phone out, but its 2.8" touchscreen makes it a nightmare to type text messages :(

Guys please help me find the following software .

GPS without gprs or wifi like mapmyindia

SWYPE- I tried the official swype but didn't work

T9 keyboard

Security software

All the spica owners, I have a lil problem with my phone, During a call, the caller on the other line hears a loud "swoosh" sound every 20-25 second. It happens with everyone i who i call, I tried removing the battery and re-inserting it, tried turning off all the wireless connection but no help.
Please help me out :please:

prakashpaul said:
Guys can you please tell me if there is a max limit on the no of recipients to a single SMS... I text all my friends in one shot so something like 80 ppl. In my older phone Samsung Star I had to send the sms 8 times as the group limit was 10.
There is a limit of 100 on Spica. When I try to compose a message to 400 people, I get a message - "Too many recipients - This message has too many recipients (400). There is a limit of 100 recipients."

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cooldude_007 said:
All the spica owners, I have a lil problem with my phone, During a call, the caller on the other line hears a loud "swoosh" sound every 20-25 second. It happens with everyone i who i call, I tried removing the battery and re-inserting it, tried turning off all the wireless connection but no help.
Please help me out :please:
Call Samsung Service centre with your phone ;)

Am i flooding this thread? :ashamed:
I'm looking for a nice pair of in-ear earphones with mic to replace the crap original ones, I have a budget of 500-700Rs, Please help me out.

Back