The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

guyz now that samsung wave is out....for just around 17k or sumthing...and god it possesses d superAMOLED superossom screen and great video recrding features......

does spica really make sense now..??

i am real confused here..b/w the 2....i've heard the "bada os" is almost like android+touchwiz but will it really come out to b d winner..??

which one to go for...also i'm considering d i5800...is small resolution a very big problem??...i am quite an app fanatic...and do play games too..!!

plzzz advice b/w the threee....!.

thanxxx..

^^ The stock ones are not crappy for sure.Try changing the tips to a better one if you have any they do sound really good.I feel they sound similar to MP 21/PL11.I am using head-direct bi flanges.

Grennie saar are you able to disconnect calls using the earphones.

Even i felt the stock earphones were crap. I am using PL30, and it is pretty good. But has no mic.

Anyone tried Sygic maps. It is quite slow on Spica and the interface is pretty bad. I am also looking for a good picture gallery. Tried 3D gallery, but it is slow and teary.

@VIKID. Can you let me know the gallery u are using in the vid. It is running pretty fast on your phone

When ever i try to download a file through wi-fi, downloading status comes up in the notification bar and shows "waiting for data connection" after sometime the download fails, I'm able to browse, view youtube videos, and download from the market without any problem, Please help me out people :(

B&B gallery is not bad

Today for some reason I found that my spica was pretty hot , and battery down to 30%. turns out the music player was maxing out the processor ( it was not even running)

any idea how to prevent this sort of thing other than regular use of a taskiller?

Why is that all you folks out here facing issues with sygic maps when i am able to use it perfectly :S

Btw just completed the latest kitchen mod :D

Few of my friends have bought this phone on my suggestion.

I have a few questions on their behalf.

1. how long the battery lasts with normal usage (one friend needs to recharge everyday.. his GPRS is on all the time - is there any way of switching off / on GPRS when required)

2. is there any free dictionary available (offline)

3. is there any app for messaging which has normal layout (like symbian or any other phone) and not like the gmail wala layout

RVK2488 said:
Few of my friends have bought this phone on my suggestion.
I have a few questions on their behalf.

1. how long the battery lasts with normal usage (one friend needs to recharge everyday.. his GPRS is on all the time - is there any way of switching off / on GPRS when required)
2. is there any free dictionary available (offline)
3. is there any app for messaging which has normal layout (like symbian or any other phone) and not like the gmail wala layout
"Normal" usage is very different for everyone. It would be better to check various online reviews for this.

There must be better ways to do this, but one quick way to have GPRS only on demand is to disable auto-sync. Also, everytime after syncing, put the phone in Airplane mode for a few seconds such that the Edge/3G/GPRS icon vanishes. Then put it back in normal mode.

about stock earphones quality.

the ear muffs are crap, they dont seal the ear holes very well :p
using the ear muffs that come with pl11 and im finding it much comforting.

Metalspree said:
I am looking for car charger for Spica.I got those el cheapo USB car charger and attached the micro USB cable ,the phone doesn't get charged even though it displays as its charging.I am looking for a genuine product or any product which really charger the phone .Ebay is preferred.

Edit:Got it in ebay but there are loads of them not sure which is genuine:S .Can some one point mt to the original charger ??
Samsung MicroUsb Car Charger

Original Samsung Car Charger for i8910 S8300 i8000

Samsung MicroUsb Car Charger D880 F110 F210 G600

You can risk your phone using those el-cheapo chargers as the micro USB connectors will not fit correctly, It might be tight or loose,
What i'd suggest it, Buy this DealExtreme: $3.61 Car Charger Adapter with USB Cable for All iPod/iPhone 2G/3G/3GS (Black) and use your data cable to connect ur phone and to the charger. The specs reads 5V 700mA(0.7A) which is exactly what is printed on the samsung travel charger.

i'm afraid I'll drop it and ruin it. used to drop my old nokia 1200 a lot ( thankfully it could stand it)

Though i treat my phone carefully, I'm afraid I might drop it one day and break the screen, and there will be no replacement !

how shall i go about replacing the memory card with a larger size?

i have samdroid mod and app2sd.

i dont want to lose apps.

how shall i do it ?

can repartition new card in recovery mode or even via gparted under linux.

or is there a simple back-up restore process ?

Back