The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

It there some where in that Helpdesk thread of samdroid.I am heading out for dinner if you can wait will come back and give it else search it yourself.

Help: My friend recently upgraded his Galaxy Spica to Eclair and his typing keyboard layout has changed to QWERTY ....

Any suggestions on how to return it to the old layout (the 3x3 button layout like in this pic).

PS - His phone is absolutely clean. No Modding/Hacking/Rooting done ..... But I guess he wouldn't mind doing all that to get the old keyboard layout back.

wait.....i have it....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I installed FE7 over kitchen....

its not stable.

how to undo fe7 without losing my contcts

hey , I am not getting "format the second partition ext2" option in the recovery after the step no 22 !

there are just Make xxxM ext2 on SD options availalbe + No additional Partition option ...

what to do ?

abhifusion said:
hey , I am not getting "format the second partition ext2" option in the recovery after the step no 22 !

there are just Make xxxM ext2 on SD options availalbe + No additional Partition option ...

what to do ?
I also got stuck there. What I noticed is there was a diff bet the recovery ver that is posted in the pics here and what we get. So install Kitchen V2. This gives the updated version of recovery console and gives all the options for making a second partition. After formatting the second partition again install Kitchen mod.. done dona done :bleh:

lavans4u said:
wait.....i have it....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I installed FE7 over kitchen....

its not stable.

how to undo fe7 without losing my contcts
Don't you know there is some thing called as sync for contacts.

@djmkey thanks for the step :)

djmykey said:
I also got stuck there. What I noticed is there was a diff bet the recovery ver that is posted in the pics here and what we get. So install Kitchen V2. This gives the updated version of recovery console and gives all the options for making a second partition. After formatting the second partition again install Kitchen mod.. done dona done :bleh:
Well i installed Kitchen V2 as you said without formatting ext2 partition as there was no option ... but my app2sd is working fine without it :D ... so i think i dont need to reformat it and again install kitchen ... !!

Another prob i encountered is , when you apply 1.zip and then make ext2 on SD , you cant apply 2.zip by going back and selecting any zip from sd through recovery , as the file gets deleted when you create ext2 partition (in my case) ... SO i had to boot the phone , copy 2.zip to the sd card and then had to apply 2.zip thru recovery ...

BTW how to apply themes ?? I want black status-bar !

to undo FE7 mod, you just need to reapply the v2 zip you previously applied.

my spica is running fine over FE7.

do understand that the system will be slower for some at 1st boot after applying FE7.

the cpu scores double under the benchmrak app with FE7 (while comparing to v2 with DVM optimized)

Applied Green Droid theme , n my phone is , ooh - la - la :D ...

thanks metalspree !

which is best screen capture app ?? i tried ShootMe and drocap2 , but both r not working ... shootme says "failed starting server" and shuts off...

abhifusion said:

thanks metalspree !

which is best screen capture app ?? i tried ShootMe and drocap2 , but both r not working ... shootme says "failed starting server" and shuts off...
Have you rooted your phone?

abhifusion said:

thanks metalspree !

Use an app called screenshot .Its good you just need to shake the phone to capture the screenshot .

Back