The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

abhifusion said:
which is best screen capture app ?? i tried ShootMe and drocap2 , but both r not working ... shootme says "failed starting server" and shuts off...

Try the app called screenshot.. it works tried on my Spica.
Metalspree said:
Some one was asking me how to remove it :p

Ya ya :bleh:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Well this is how my phone looks like.

Took using screenshot :)

Superfrag said:
Have you rooted your phone?
to check that , I tried installing Titnium Backup , and it says "please verify that your ROM is rooted" :O
How this could be possible ?? My phone was rooted and i could allow/deny superuser permissions to apps (tried titanium bckup) before I modded it with metalspree's guide (from step no 14) ...

Metalspree said:
Use an app called screenshot .Its good you just need to shake the phone to capture the screenshot .
djmykey said:
Try the app called screenshot.. it works tried on my Spica.

Well what to do now ? Should i start from the first i.e installing original Fw then rooting then V2 or I should cook ROM with only kernel option selected and apply it through recovery ?

I dont want to start all over again ! :no: Its such PITA to install all apps n copy media again ...
Phone has superuser app , but its not granting SU permissions !

abhifusion said:
Well what to do now ? Should i start from the first i.e installing original Fw then rooting then V2 or I should cook ROM with only kernel option selected and apply it through recovery ?

Install screenshot and check if it works. Im not sure how to check if my phone is rooted but screenshot worked which implies my phone is rooted. Just give it a try. None of the screenshot utilities work without a rooted phone.

So i tried the Turbo mod and its very unstable. although you do achieve a high linpack score ..the phone becomes unusable after a couple of days with a hell lotta forceclosures. Im back to samdroid - kitchen mod - v2 with leshaks kernel. Been running it for a couple of days and no pproblems/ slowdowns observed so far. Cant wait for a stable froyo build to be released..

djmykey said:
Install screenshot and check if it works. Im not sure how to check if my phone is rooted but screenshot worked which implies my phone is rooted. Just give it a try. None of the screenshot utilities work without a rooted phone.
Tried it , its showing some error , and not taking any screenshots ... I guess i need to reflash kitchen again ! damn !

Update: Reflashed again with Kitchen V2 zim from Step#2 folder , but again phone dont have superuser privilege .

+ phone dont reboot / reboot to recovery from samdroid tools ...

What should I do now ??

abhifusion said:
Tried it , its showing some error , and not taking any screenshots ... I guess i need to reflash kitchen again ! damn !

Update: Reflashed again with Kitchen V2 zim from Step#2 folder , but again phone dont have superuser privilege .
+ phone dont reboot / reboot to recovery from samdroid tools ...
What should I do now ??
My guess would be start from scratch. But let the knowledgeable ppl reply.

Allright ... this is what I did to regain the root ...

# Flashed LK2.09.6 kernel

# Flashed superuser 2.3.3 (Old one)

# formatted ext2

# Data wipe/cache

# Reboot . So far so good !

New problem is : Phone is getting too hot while charging !

djmykey said:
My guess would be start from scratch. But let the knowledgeable ppl reply.
seems none knows wht to do :p

abhifusion said:
Allright ... this is what I did to regain the root ...

# Flashed LK2.09.6 kernel

# Flashed superuser 2.3.3 (Old one)

# formatted ext2

# Data wipe/cache

# Reboot . So far so good !

New problem is : Phone is getting too hot while charging !

seems none knows wht to do :p
indication of higher cpu usage at idle.

check with task manager app.

I was on samdroidmod 1.0.3 and LK2.02. I cooked the samdroid kitchen v2. I did not select any homeapp (adw, launcherpro or helix) thinking that pantheon will already be present

here are the things i did

1)i formatted my partition

2)cleared data/cache

3)put the samdroidmod v2 in root of the sd card

4) applied it through recovery

But when i start the phone now. I get the beginning screen where we have to swipe to unlock. Once i swipe i get this error message "the application setup wizard stopped" and force close.

Then nothing happens. I just get a black screen.

Cleared data/cache again. But did not work

What should i do??

ok..i think i have to select the homeapp as pantheon will be wiped when i flash samdroid v2 mod. Will try it

it worked after choosing a homeapp

madnav said:
indication of higher cpu usage at idle.

check with task manager app.
I checked battery usage , SKyForce was eating 50% of the battery !! :O

Also battery used to drain out much faster before i switched off multitouch (through samdroid tools) ... its fine now ...

Is there any good Music player 4 android in which we can search the songs ?

abhifusion said:
I checked battery usage , SKyForce was eating 50% of the battery !! :O

Also battery used to drain out much faster before i switched off multitouch (through samdroid tools) ... its fine now ...

Is there any good Music player 4 android in which we can search the songs ?
Is there something I'm missing. With multitouch and all I get 1.5 days of uptime, well yes my background sync is off :ashamed:

Hmm , I guess bksync dont eat up battery much ... Get lk2.09.6 , cook light pckge by only selecting lk2.09.6 , n apply thru recovery , n turn MT off , it saves a lot of juice !

Btw where I can get tapatalk ?

Back