The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

My Spica modded with Green droid Theme

screenshotlw.png

screenshot3ud.png

lavans4u said:
I done it guyz....:D thanx alot Metalspree......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OMG...battery drainin like HELL....

it showd FULL.then 95...then ...90....85......WTF????

i installed this LK2.09.5 (multitouch driver as module qt5480.ko
dont calculate battery drain according to that.

see how much it lasts actually.

Guys, I know i'm a very late, Could you guys please help me root my spica and install the samdroid kitchen mod?

Any links or guides will be very much appreciated. :)

Metalspree you promised me on gtalk and you disappeared :(

Hello Folks !!!

Have a strange problem.
I can easily browse web on the laptop when I connect to Airtel Mobile Office using my Nokia N72 with Nokia PC Suite. COnnection established in a jiffy.
But on using New PC Studio Im having lots of trouble. Even the Internet Connection Dialer option is disabled.

Can anyone logging to GPRS/EDGE on computer tell me how to do that?

Guide is done here it is

Rooting and flashing Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V2 .Please follow the below steps very carefully.
IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE DO NOT BLAME ME. DO THE MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK .I DO NOT TAKE ANY ACCOUNTABILITY IF YOUR PHONE DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY.

1) Charge your phone totally and backup all your data to PC

2) Download the below file first and unzip to any folder.
• http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as
• Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: All Files for Rooting and modding Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V 2.zip

3) If you have KIES/SAMSUNG NPS installed earlier please remove it and clean up the registry and traces of the files, using any cleaner preferred is ccleaner.

4) Install KIES in computer. Locate the tray icon for KIES and uncheck auto start .Remove the same from msconfig make sure KIES doesn’t load on start up of your computer **This is very important**.Restart the computer.

5) After Restarting the computer open task manager and check if anything called Samsung or KIES is running in background if yes please kill the process.

6) Open the folder All Files for Rooting and modding Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V 2- Step 1 --> File which needs to go to SD Card and copy the files named 1.zip and 2.zip to SD card do not create any folder just dump them in SD card .

7) Turn off the phone and go to recovery by holding Volume down + Camera and Call disconnect button simultaneously .You should be able to see this

17233309.jpg

8) Now use the original USB cable given by Samsung and connect the Phone to PC, let it install drivers.

9) Open device manager and check if there are any errors if no errors proceed to Step 11.

10) If there are error’s in device manager use this link and download drivers and force install them. Samsung Spica Drivers.zip

Your device manager should something like this.
drivers.png

11) Open Odin which is there in the folder “Step 1†and point the ops to the spica.ops which in the folder and PDA to i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar ,it should be similar to this

10157455.png

Please make sure you point the correct file.
12) Once you are ready hit the START button. DO NOT DISCONNECT the phone until the firmware download completes.

12)Watch the "Message: window and wait till it shows <1> Close serial port and wait until rebooting.- This usually takes not more than 1-3 minutes.

13)Phone will reboot and you will this

89434262.png

14)Now Select apply any zip from SD and then select 1.zip

15)After everything is done hit reboot system now. Phone will reboot and you will be taken to home screen .It might take too long to boot, that’s normal.

16)After going to home screen shut down the phone again and go to recovery this time recovery is going to be Volume Down+ Call button+ Call disconnect, you will be taken to the recovery.
17) Now select partition SD card

23435108.png

18) Choose Make 256MB ext2 on SD

23688715.png

19) Now select apply any zip from SD and select 2.zip and do it

20 ) Now go back to main menu and hit restart ,phone will take time to restart u can see new logo it might take 5-6 mins to go to home screen .IFF the phone doesn’t go to home go again to recovery select wipe -wipe data/cache factory reset and complete the process now again restart the phone.

21) Phone will be slow that’s normal ,now open main menu go to samdroid tools and select the last 2 options enable them ,and go to apps2sd settings and enable apps2sd and move dalvik cache to SD.After doing this restart phone 2 times

22 ) Now open SD card and delete all the zip files in it and and copy KitchenV2.zip from the Folder Step2 which is inside the folder All Files for Rooting and modding Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V 2 and put in SD card open samdroid tools hit reboot and select reboot to recovery

23) In recovery go to partition SD card and format the second partition ext2.

24) Now go back to main menu apply any zip from SD and and select KitchenV2.zip .Now restart the phone from main menu if phone doest go to home screen please follow Step 20.

25) Open Samdroid tools and make if the last 2 options are selected and open apps2sd and enable app2sd and move dalvik cahce to SD .Restart the phone 2 times.

All modding is done happy using multitouch and faster spica , Adobe flash etc.:eek:hyeah:

Wanna do any other mod like Samdroid turbo and all do it at your risk .Turbo failed on my phone that’s why I did not include in the guide

Need more help Do not PM me, I will just delete your PM, just post in the thread if you have any issues. Either I will reply or any other member who has successfully done the mod will reply.

Happy Modding

Well after some small hiccups I finally got my phone rooted and installed Kitchen Mod v2. I must say the phone is snappier but lags in some places. I am thinking since am still setting up after the modding that might be the reason.

A big thank you to Metalspree for helping me with this :D

well sorry to ask again :p
My phone has baseband version : JD1 and Build Number : JF2 ... Its stock ... I want to root the phone now + v2 ... plz confirm the steps

Root the phone through Odin using i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar --> Apply v2 cooked ROM with base pacakse through recovery
Or
Flash phone with Original JH1 --> Root the phone using i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar --> Apply v2 without base package n standart apps ...

which one is correct ?? plus I want to enable apps2sd too , i will be using new microSD card , so should i remove sd card + sim while flashing through odin ? ...

also im not able to download "All Files for Rooting and modding Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V 2.zip" as m getting 500 - Internal server error msg on hotfile ...

Nice work metalspree . Finally someone has combined all the knowledge available on samdroid forums and presented such nicely so that even newbies can understand it.

Need help People,

I cant connect to GPRS on laptop using the phone.

Installed NPS,KIES - They refused to recognise the phone
Tried manually creating a connection and dialing *99# but got stuck at REGISTERING UR COMPUTER ON NETWORK followed by error 720

Im using AirTel Mobile Office 2 GB plan.

On the contrary I have no problems connecting to net on laptop from phone when I use Nokia N72.
Nokia PC Suite connects it in a jiffy.

Any help guys ?

abhifusion said:
well sorry to ask again :p

My phone has baseband version : JD1 and Build Number : JF2 ... Its stock ... I want to root the phone now + v2 ... plz confirm the steps

Root the phone through Odin using i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar --> Apply v2 cooked ROM with base pacakse through recovery

Or

Flash phone with Original JH1 --> Root the phone using i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar --> Apply v2 without base package n standart apps ...

which one is correct ?? plus I want to enable apps2sd too , i will be using new microSD card , so should i remove sd card + sim while flashing through odin ? ...

also im not able to download "All Files for Rooting and modding Samsung Spica to Samdroid Kitchen V 2.zip" as m getting 500 - Internal server error msg on hotfile ...
If you want you can flash the phone with JH1 then mod it .The process remains the same.SD,SIM card should be there inside while modding.After modding never remove the SD when the phone is turned on .Make sure you do dnot change the SD card after modding ,i mean upgrading it to a higher capacity.

sgx100 said:
Need help People,

I cant connect to GPRS on laptop using the phone.

Installed NPS,KIES - They refused to recognise the phone

Tried manually creating a connection and dialing *99# but got stuck at REGISTERING UR COMPUTER ON NETWORK followed by error 720

Im using AirTel Mobile Office 2 GB plan.

On the contrary I have no problems connecting to net on laptop from phone when I use Nokia N72.

Nokia PC Suite connects it in a jiffy.

Any help guys ?

Why are you folks breaking your head with that stupid NPS /KIES.ITs not a polished software like Nokia PC Suite.Mod the phone and start using wifi teether .It works like charm for me

Metalspree said:
Why are you folks breaking your head with that stupid NPS /KIES.ITs not a polished software like Nokia PC Suite.Mod the phone and start using wifi teether .It works like charm for me

Thanks MetalSpree

Wifi Tether was not working for some reason.

So I figured a different way.
I connected to GPRS from my Nokia N 72 to my laptop. Used connectify to turn laptop into a wifi router and then connected to the wifi access point on my laptop from my Phone. Unconventional ... But works:eek:hyeah:

Will try to figure out why WiFi Tether didnt work.

Frozen eclair did not work me .I was having issues so removed it but another member here is having no issues with it .You could give a try if you want to .

No battery draining issues as such but phone was freezing ,restarts.

Just tried downloading the hotfile file ,there are no issues .I just downloaded it and checked as well.

Metalspree said:
Just tried downloading the hotfile file ,there are no issues .I just downloaded it and checked as well.

Hey , its working ... might be my browser issue , sry !

BTW is there any reason you have chosen LK2.02 , as LK2.08 is available now and it has built in app2sd ?

oh ! err , i have applied 2.08 and did ext2 1024mb partition on sd card ... still apps are not getting installed on sd card ... what should i do now ?? :ashamed:

Should i follow ur guide from step #14 ?? or cook the new ROM through kitchen and apply through recovery ?? :gap:

Back