The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Finally Flashed My Phone To LK2-02-1 + Samdroid Mod :D.

Anyone having problems detecting their phone in download mode. Try this.

Install KIES ONLY.

Connect The Phone To USB Of Ur PC. Open Device Manager Check If You Have Samsung Android Modem & Samsung Android Composite Device.

If u Dont c anything Remove USB Connect Again Try A Few Times without Removing the battery.

If Still The PC Does Not detect The Phone Try Removing The Battery. Keep reconnecting. Until It Detects The 2 Device (Mentioned Above) In device manager.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally After Flashing My Phone There Are Some Problems I M Facing.

1)
GPS In Google Map Is Not At All Correct (Earlier On Default Firmware It was Perfect. it showed my position exactly where i was)

2)
Anyone explain in detail how apps2sd work??
I created a 512mb ext2 partition for my apps on 4gb sdcard.
Now when i try to enable apps2sd through samdroidtools.
it always gets stuck ans asks to force colse the application.

swordfish123 said:
I got my Spica delivered to my house for Rs 11,975. I thought we would get 1 gb free memory card. But mine came with Eclair and 2 gb card:clap:. This phone is awesome.

The default keypad is crap. Can anyone recommend me a good keypad.

Also my battery is draining out pretty quickly. I have switched off GPS. Any other tips to increase battery life.

Can anyone let me know what mods to install in what order. Samdroid forum has a lot of things. I do not know what to install.

Congrats :)

For keyboard alternatives try "swype" or "smart keyboard"

Some good task manager apps.

try

Automatic Task Killer

Probably the best app to auto kill all/selected processes while phone goes into sleep mode.

Advanced Task Killer

Can be used to kill tasks manually and also to switch between open apps.

If you root your phone, then Auto memory manager is another good app to save battery.

Regarding any Samdroid mod, first you need to install "LK mod" for recovery kernel, then you can install samdroid mod v1.03 or cook your own mod using Samdroid mod Kitchen.

Spectre said:
How to remove Gtalk service running always after a startup

Try Start up clearner 2.0

SOURCE: cyrket.com

And Guys please don't forget to sign Spica 2.2 Petition.

Android 2.2 on the Spica?

Guys, nedd to final my purchase in couple of days. Need to know a ittle bit more bout spica.

1. Does it have FM Radio? RDS?
2. Does Android 2.1 support bluetooth file transfer? if not is it available on modded os?

The only part I'm confused about before buying the Spica is whether it supports tethering. As in, can I use it as a GPRS modem to surf internet on my laptop like I do with my Nokia using a PC Suite.

If any modding is required, what would be the easiest method to do it?

ViKiD said:
From here :

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-i5700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I received it yesterday .... its seriously awesome totally worth the price!!

One time investment .... and i dont think anyone will regret it...

Also the grip on the phone has improved and the touch sensitivity is slightly better...(most probably because of the default one being a little too thick)

I have a spare Zaag shield (brand new). Will prefer selling it to Bangalore buyer for Rs 800 who can pick it up from me. Bought it for 1150. Let me know if u r interested!

I know.. bought it bcoz u recommended it in the first place :)! Worth every penny. just quoting the text for someone who might be interested in having one

have u installed or applied any mods recently? Did u manually issue any command via adb tool?? if so explain

Try adding new app like Helix launcher or Launcher pro2 (better one!) & select as default app.. see if it makes any difference

cybertragic said:
The only part I'm confused about before buying the Spica is whether it supports tethering. As in, can I use it as a GPRS modem to surf internet on my laptop like I do with my Nokia using a PC Suite.

If any modding is required, what would be the easiest method to do it?
If you root your phone, then you can use wireless tether app, which supports both bluetooth tethering & wifi tethering.

In case you don't have any wireless connections and want to use via USB, then you have PDA net and other apps, but only paid versions gives you full access, with the free versions you cannot browse https sites!!

Wraith said:
I am experiencing home screen corruption issues after installing i570eddjc5, does anyone have any idea why?

Been hearing this from a lot of users who updated to the Indian firmware, I'm on JD4 + samdroid mod. My homescreen gets corrupted whenever I use 3D gallery for a brief period. Other than everything is fine, why not try other homescreen apps to figure out what's the problem!!!!!

Deathbearer said:
Can Anyone Guide Me how To Use Apps To SD??

Have you installed any mods or want to start from scratch??

^^

then just install samdroid mod,

APP2SD it is disabled by default on samdroid mod, so after modding , just goto Samdroid tools and enable it :)

DON'T remove SD card after enabling app2sd, don't remove it even after unmounting, to prevent apps from crashing

i had tried samdroid mod earlier but whenever i choose to enable apps2sd it always hung up,

had to force close it. also after closing it down again when i checked apps2sd was enabled, but then all my apps were still on internal memory.

So i re flashed the phone to latest stock + LK2.02 (as it has apps2sd enabled by deafult)

but this too is not working, as im installing any apps. the internal memory is being used up.

U have to restart the phone after enabling the apps2sd,,,after the restart the applications wiill be moved from the phone memory to the Sd card

Back