The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Sei said:
Waiting for it. :cool2:

Thanks a lot! Nice simple guide. Repped! :)

Thank you :)

Spectre said:
Any good deals online for the micro-usb charger or the data cable compatible with Spica

I need one for my office

I use iPod USB Charger and bundled data cable, you can swap the cable for any standard mirco usb to usb cable, I some times swap my 5800's cable with Spica.

mini_usb_adeptor.jpg

djmykey said:
Can anyone help please ??

sujithbvm said:
^^ CAn u tell me what resolution videos u r trying to run on the spica?

I have ran Divx format 720 X 480 videos flawlessly on the normal player itself,,,

Is there any advantage in using that Divx player?

Divx vod is a kind of encryption used to prevent Piracy, equivalent to DRM in mp3. This is used to protect the content from getting into wrong hands :p
So to play these divx vod files you need to register your device, bet it phone, your Divx VOD certified player or anything capable of playing Divx VOD.

In short, you don't need to register to play divx files copied from your PC :) just ignore it.

You need to register only if you have purchased a legitimate Divx VOD movie ;)

Get the Spica wherever cheapest (with bill and sealed box) even if its 1.5
and then get it updated via service center(for free) unless you know how to DIY

500miles said:
HI,
Did anybody managed to get the Spica with 2.1 in chennai.

Coool Waiting for your guide :)

ViKiD said:
The DivX VOD thing is for viewing protected content either online or on some other device... I fink! :p

Its pretty much useless for us folks (i might be wrong tho!)
Also the Guide should be up by tomorrow mid night! :)

Spectre said:

And make sure you call then for updates every now and then or else you will end up keeping the phone at the Service Station for a week :ashamed:

djmykey said:
And make sure you call then for updates every now and then or else you will end up keeping the phone at the Service Station for a week :ashamed:

doesnt happen everywhere
you were probably unlucky

I had no such hassles, they finished the work and gave me a call to pickup the phone. Being in a metro has its advantages :p

Installing froyo on this shouldn't be a problem right? There doesn't seem to be any additional speed or ram required to run froyo.

red_devil said:
Can Spica run Froyo?

that is a question that even folks at samsung can't answer right now. Given that a couple of Galaxy phones are coming out soon, Froyo on Spica could very well kill the sales of these new phones.

i have a doubt.. related to samdroid mod... actually related to app2sd..

since we made two partitions on SD while applying app2sd ..

now what when i want to upgrade the SD ?

do i just boot in debug mode and make two partitions on the new SD ?

and what about apps on old SD ?

anyway easy to backup restore ?

I am not able to find Spica anywhere in Bangalore. Looked for it in Univercell, Mobile Store, Hot Spot, Sangeetha, Global access, channel 9, and some other local shops. No one have it in stock.

The only option left is to buy from tradus. With 1k discount coupon it will come to Rs 11,975.

Samsung Galaxy Spica–I–5700 Mobile at tradus.in

But the seller has not provided any info on bill, warranty or sealed pack. So not very keen on getting it from there.

Anyone know where to get it in Bangalore ??

dantool said:
^^it's clearly written in the listing new,with bill and warranty
and seller is verified by the site.

Wasn't really sure how genuine the traders are on tradus. Never bought anything from there. Anyway, i got the contact info of the seller. Called him up. Seems like a good guy. Told me its brand new sealed package with bill and warranty. He was not sure if it was with 1.5 or 2.1 Android. It doesn't matter anyway.

Ordered it just now. :hap2::hap2:

Spectre said:

Thankyou Spectre, today i have bought spica from srivasavi for 12800.

BTW, any detailed step by step guides for upgradung to 2.1....

Back