The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Umm, can anyone tell me what links to read ( in order to flash the phone ) and in what order? I registered on Samdroid forums but honestly speaking, I'm quite confused... :ashamed:

++1
A detailed guide from Vikid saar would be very helpful :p

Could we backup and re-flash to original samsung firmware before giving it for RMA

^ Guide coming! :p

You can perform a backup after installing the Samdroid Mod from the recovery menu...(even by only using the Lk2.02 update) :)

I dont know if its a 1:1 backup since i haven't tried it myself... but it does give a really fairly sized PDA file..

samsung spica users within mumbai... please confirm if you can avail any GPRS/Edge service over GSM Prepaid connection from Vodafone, Loop, Idea or Docomo.

im using android 2.1 samdroid right now

having issue with both 2.1 vanilla EDDJC5(the one that spica comes with now) and with 2.1 Samdroid mod

madnav said:
samsung spica users within mumbai... please confirm if you can avail any GPRS/Edge service over GSM Prepaid connection from Vodafone, Loop, Idea or Docomo.

im using android 2.1 samdroid right now
having issue with both 2.1 vanilla EDDJC5(the one that spica comes with now) and with 2.1 Samdroid mod

I'm using Airtel GPRS in Pune flawlessly... no issues at all.. ya the speeds vary from place to place but it works.

ViKiD said:
^ Guide coming! :p

You can perform a backup after installing the Samdroid Mod from the recovery menu...(even by only using the Lk2.02 update) :)

I dont know if its a 1:1 backup since i haven't tried it myself... but it does give a really fairly sized PDA file..

Waiting for it. :cool2:

sriharsha_m said:
I wrote a small guide, a while back on other forum, I'll post the link if it is ok.

If it is against the rules mods can delete this post

Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

Thanks a lot! Nice simple guide. Repped! :)

^^ CAn u tell me what resolution videos u r trying to run on the spica?

I have ran Divx format 720 X 480 videos flawlessly on the normal player itself,,,

Is there any advantage in using that Divx player?

The DivX VOD thing is for viewing protected content either online or on some other device... I fink! :p

Its pretty much useless for us folks (i might be wrong tho!)

Also the Guide should be up by tomorrow mid night! :)

I am buying the Spica this weekend. I have a few questions

1) How is the brightness of the screen in sunlight. I currently have HTC P3400i its hard to see whats on the screen if there is too much sunlight outside.

2) How is this phone for internet browsing. I know it doesn't have multitouch. Is zooming in and out a problem, or does it have some dedicated keys.

3) Guys form Bangalore can let me know where to find this phone?

4) Is class 4 Micro SD card ok for this phone or should i go for class 6?

Cant wait to get my hands on Android :)

1) The phone is pretty decent using in sunlight.

2) I never faced problems with browsing as such.You can zoom in out pretty easily thru the onscreen navigation

3) Try Channel 9 in Jaynagar

4) Any microsd card will do it .Its not an camera mate,just a phone

Back