The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

ViKiD said:
The same you flashed you phone to a new firmware...

Now what you have to is point the PDA option to the .tar file you get after extracting i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z ... and then let it flash...

Now your phone will boot into recovery (or you can access it by Holding down Volume Down _ Call + Power button)

(Before entering recovery make sure you backup your sd card data and place the LK2-02-1_update.zip into the root of the card.)

After your there.. choose the option which says : Install from any zip ...

and select the LK2-02-1_update.zip ... press the home button...

let it do what it does...

next reboot phone to see if its working.... of if you want just jump to the create partition option and create a ext2 partition of your choice.... itll format the card....

Now before exiting recovery goto the wipe section and do a factory reset...

then reboot from the recovery menu...

All should be well :)

How long does it take to complete LK2-02 mod update.!

mine has already completed more than 8 minutes.

is it stuck?? :huh:

odin2.JPG

@sujith ...

Check if a NPS or KIES process is running...

@deathbearer...

One last time try this :

Totally wipe KIES > restart PC

Now install KIES > restart PC

Now put phone in download mode and connect > Let it install drivers > Restart PC after that

Now after the PC has rebooted open task manager and see if KIES / NPS process is running or not... if it is terminate it...

Then open Odin and try :)

Thanks a lot vikid i have succeessfully done it,,,,,ye ye ye ye hip hip hurray

I owe u man,,,Thanks a lot...

I just had one problem,,,I was not able to create a ext2 partition on the memory card...

It told me error in formatting SD card...

Any idea to solve it or can install the applications directly...

^ try formatting the card on the PC first... or by unmounting it on the phone...and then going into recovery and creating a ext2 partition..

@madhav

very true... its seriously amazing out doors.

Hi ViKiD

Dude how large should the ex2 partition be...generally speaking...and how to install apps2sd
ViKiD said:
^ try formatting the card on the PC first... or by unmounting it on the phone...and then going into recovery and creating a ext2 partition..

@madhav

very true... its seriously amazing out doors.

256MB is ideal.If you have installed samdroid mod then you should have an option is samdroid tools to enable app2sd and enable dalvik-cache to SD and reboot phone twice

Hi Metalspree...
Dude whats with this rebooting the phone twice...any special reaons :D

Metalspree said:
256MB is ideal.If you have installed samdroid
mod then you should have an option is samdroid tools to enable app2sd and enable dalvik-cache to SD and reboot phone twice

Just flashed XXJE1 ..and guess what... the camera bug that was present in XXJD1 and XXJD4 is gone :) . Can anyone tell me if the camera bug is present in the Indian firmwares too ?

sgx100 said:
Hi Metalspree...
Dude whats with this rebooting the phone twice...any special reaons :D

Well first reboot to i think enable it...second reboot ot transfer you pre
installed stuff to the SD card...

Also you can get APP2Sd with LK2.02 ... but its not as good as the one with Samdroid mod. Actually the Samdoid mod one is built upon the Lk2.02 ... so LK2.02 needs to be there for Samdroid mod. :)

@vikid
I just updated my phone with the lk 2.01 mod.
can I apply the samdroid mode on lk 2.01 or should I update to first lk2.02 first and then apply the samdroid mode 1.03?

Hi Metalspree,

Of course you can change to any firmware anytime.

I suppose samdroidMod incorporates the best of JCE n JCF plus it comes with so many added features.

Why would you want to update it.

I guess samdroidmod wud be soon coming out with JE1 based mod...

Im hearing JE1 is really good...
Metalspree said:
Can the firmware be changed after the samdroid mod?.If yes which FW is good out there

@raymasky what bug are you talking about ??

Dude

SamdroidMod already has the EU Kernel
No need to update to anything...

If you update the latest EU ie JE1 ... I think you would loose all ur mods n get back to Stock JE1 FW.

Metalspree said:
Vikid was telling me to change the FW to any EU one.Dont know which one to do and how to do it?

Will i loose samdroidMod if i change FW?

Back