The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

sgx100 said:
Dude

SamdroidMod already has the EU Kernel
No need to update to anything...

If you update the latest EU ie JE1 ... I think you would loose all ur mods n get back to Stock JE1 FW.

Ohh k i never knew that.Btw i kind of dont like the appearnce of my phone now.I mean i cant edit the screens and feel the phone is bit slow

Can any one tell me how to boot into recovery mode. i have applied the lkmod 2.02 update...

When i hold the volume down key + camera and the power button it goes into the download,,,

??:huh:

i heard the complain in the same thread but want to confirm if anyone else is facing the same problem... the phone goes unresponsive with touchscreen when connected to data cable ..response is so delayed that i am unable to unlock using the screen slider.

thanks to step by step guidance on IM by metalspree about Samdroid mod :p

now im on samdroid 1.0.3 :hap2:

haven't yet explored the phone much though..

the boot animation of nexux is amazing...shall see now what the fuzz is all about the live wall papers :p

i am going to buy spica this saturday!! :D :D :D

The phone is finalized.

i have some queries-

1. What is this samdroid/lk2/helix launcher mod?

2. Is the android 2.1 update available in india officially?

3. Can this phone be bricked and never recovered back? while playing with mods/custom FW?

4. Can apps. be installed from and onto memory card? i have seen some .apk files on torrent site .. which i think are applications . . and i ve heard that the applications can only be installed in the phone memory . . is it true?

4m!7 said:
The phone is finalized.
i have some queries-
3. Can this phone be bricked and never recovered back? while playing with mods/custom FW?
4. Can apps. be installed from and onto memory card? i have seen some .apk files on torrent site .. which i think are applications . . and i ve heard that the applications can only be installed in the phone memory . . is it true?

apps can be installed to the SD cards with samdroid mod.

also android 2.2 update will allow users to do the same.

Aright guys...everything aside...

Try Home ++ ... im using it for the past 2-3 months and seems to be pretty stable.. hasn't FC'd even once for me...

Install - spend some 10 mins configuring it and getting to know what is where....

4m!7 said:
The phone is finalized.
i have some queries-

These are modded firmwares which give the phone some extra features like WiFi Tethering, BlueTooth File Transfer, Savings Apps to SD

Card etc

Yes...From any samsung service station...Though the same is not currently available from the websites or KIES or NPS

A slight probability exists...But no one in the forum has complained of a bricked device barring one person I guess. Moreover many ppl here have successfully modded to the latest Firmwares and they are always here to help you around

Already Answered

Don't get the Samsung's official update.

it is pathetically slow.

I got it, and ws disappointed.

Reflashed to samdroid kernel and I am much happy with it rather than official Samsung firmware.

Back