The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

Google Galaxy Nexus - Discusson

GALAXY NEXUS
simple.beautiful.beyond smart
simplicitybeauty.jpg

01_gallery.png

Pure Google
Galaxy Nexus is the latest smartphone from Google and comes with Android 4.0, the best Google mobile services and fastest updates directly from Google.

Tech Specs

Screen

• [*=left]4.65" HD(1280 x 720) Super AMOLED
    [*=left]Contour Display (curved glass)
Size (mm)

• [*=left]67.94 X 135.5 X 9.47 (LTE)
    [*=left]67.94 X 135.5 X 8.94 (HSPA+)
Weight

• [*=left]145.5 g (LTE)
    [*=left]135 g (HSPA+)
Data

• [*=left]WIFI
    [*=left]BLUETOOTH

Memory

• [*=left]Storage: 32GB (LTE), 16GB (HSPA+)
    [*=left]Memory: 1GB RAM
Camera

• [*=left]5MP continuous auto focus
    [*=left]1.3MP Front
    [*=left]LED Flash
    [*=left]Zero shutter lag
    [*=left]Video recording in 1080p
Network

• [*=left]Option 1: CDMA/LTE
    [*=left]Option 2: HSPA+/3G/EDGE/GPRS
USB

• [*=left]Micro USB

Features

• [*=left]BATTERY: 1850mAh (LTE), 1750 mAh (HSPA+)
    [*=left]OS: Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
    [*=left]CPU: 1.2 GHZ dual core processor
    [*=left]NOTIFICATION: three-color LED
    [*=left]MICS: 2 Mics
    [*=left]BUTTONLESS
    [*=left]NFC
    [*=left]ACCELEROMETER
    [*=left]GYRO
    [*=left]COMPASS
    [*=left]PROXIMITY/LIGHT
    [*=left]BAROMETER

Where to buy:
As this phone is not officially launched in India, This phone may be available at the local dealers and grey markets.
It is also available online on eBay and
Buy Online Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 (Seller Warranty) - Price, Reviews, Specifications, Features, Ratings, Compare, Photos, Videos, Deals, Discounts, Online In India Maniacstore.com
Or, You can ask your friends/relatives returning from the US to pick it up. Expansys-usa.com is selling the Gnex for 409.99$ with one year warranty.
How much will it cost?:
It it priced at 22000Rs ~ 24500Rs at the local dealers and on eBay
Warranty?:

As this phone is not officially launched in India, Samsung India will not honor warranty, nor will they know how to fix it. Dealers on eBay provide with dealer warranty which is as good as no warranty, so it is advised to buy this phone from a good/known dealer.
It is even better if you buy this phone from an authorized dealer abroad with warranty, However the phone should be shipped back to the originating country for warranty claims .
Developer Support:

:eek:hyeah: Hell yea! Head over to
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - xda-developers and turn your nexus beauty into a beast! Or just drop in a reply on this thread.
Accessories:

Screenguards:
http://goo.gl/AklTK - Recommended
TPU/Silicon Case: http://www.amzer.co.in/Amzer-Luxe-Argyle-High-Gloss-TPU-Soft-Gel-Skin-Case-Smoke-Grey-P92682.htm
NFC TAGS: http://www.tagsfordroid.com/tags/Home.html
See what NFC tags can do:

Its a wonderful phone, probably best for the price it sells these days! I paid a bit more when I got one for myself. Currently running LiquidSmooth 1.4 and it is probably the fastest I have ever seen this phone perform. Also battery life is not too shabby. I got around 2 days of battery life including ~ 80 minutes of screen-on time, 60 minutes of calls and around 60-70 minutes of music!

Currently, I have my eyes set on a set of developers who are working to port Sense 4 and GS III ROM port for Nexus. They have already got the ports to boot, so hopefully we should see an update pretty soon :)

Hey Pat,
I just got my Nexus a couple of days ago. Yes, it is a remarkable device, and even more so since I upgraded from a Nokia S40 circa 2007.

I'm still running stock, so will be tuning into the discussion here for reviews and recommendations.

What about accessories for this - it hasn't/won't be launched in India, so there's nothing much available. Could you recommend a screen protector and a fall-mitigating case?

Thanks,
-Bhaskar

So where did you guys get your GNex from ??
Since its not gonna offically launch in India,i guess Ebay is the only source ??
Any deals going on for Gnex ?

Seeing that you are based in Mumbai, you can get yourself a GNex from either Alfa, Heera Panna or any other major mobile stores around your area. Current market price is around 24k for a new GNex.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

What about accessories for this - it hasn't/won't be launched in India, so there's nothing much available. Could you recommend a screen protector and a fall-mitigating case?
This is the screen protector that I have been using since day 1.
ScratchGard Screen Protector - Samsung - i9250 (galaxy nexus) | eBay

I love the TPU cases, I think they look really good and also provide fair bit of protection for your phone. The one I bought from eBay is this:
Black S-line Back Case Pouch Cover for Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3 Prime I9250 | eBay

Its a wonderful phone, probably best for the price it sells these days! I paid a bit more when I got one for myself. Currently running LiquidSmooth 1.4 and it is probably the fastest I have ever seen this phone perform. Also battery life is not too shabby. I got around 2 days of battery life including ~ 80 minutes of screen-on time, 60 minutes of calls and around 60-70 minutes of music!

Currently, I have my eyes set on a set of developers who are working to port Sense 4 and GS III ROM port for Nexus. They have already got the ports to boot, so hopefully we should see an update pretty soon :)

Hey Pat,
I just got my Nexus a couple of days ago. Yes, it is a remarkable device, and even more so since I upgraded from a Nokia S40 circa 2007.

I'm still running stock, so will be tuning into the discussion here for reviews and recommendations.

Thanks,
-Bhaskar
@Pat- For the benefit of myself and testsubjectalpha, Could you guide us on rooting the Gnex? I have an experience of rooting and playing around with my ex-android galaxy spica.
So where did you guys get your GNex from ??
Since its not gonna offically launch in India,i guess Ebay is the only source ??
Any deals going on for Gnex ?

I got mine on expansys-usa.com through iccworld.

A relative was coming from America, and brought it along.

The best place right now is https://play.google.com/store/devices , since prices at Amazon and Newegg are higher.

You should try expansys-usa.com, it is only 409.99$ there, play store's nexus will cost you close to 450$ after taxes and shipping.
Seeing that you are based in Mumbai, you can get yourself a GNex from either Alfa, Heera Panna or any other major mobile stores around your area. Current market price is around 24k for a new GNex.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

This is the screen protector that I have been using since day 1.
ScratchGard Screen Protector - Samsung - i9250 (galaxy nexus) | eBay

I love the TPU cases, I think they look really good and also provide fair bit of protection for your phone. The one I bought from eBay is this:
Black S-line Back Case Pouch Cover for Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3 Prime I9250 | eBay

I ordered the same ScratchGard from time2shop for 339Rs and was delivered in 2 days :bigok: Scratchgard Clear Screen Protector For Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus i9250

Last edited by a moderator:

WTH !! Is it available in Alfa ?? I thought you won't get it locally :23:

I finally Bought Galaxy Nexus @ 23k Locally
Now what are the best apps for this wonderful baby ??

Sold off dad's LG Optimus One :p

Congrats, 23k is a sweet price, was the box sealed?
I am in the same boat as yours, waiting for somebody to reply :)

Yes,The Box was sealed......
The guy from whom i purchased it,knows me pretty well....Actually he knows my dad :p
So he ordered a new piece from his distributor,opened up the sealed box...checked everything and gave me the piece

Why do u ask that ??

Yes,The Box was sealed......
The guy from whom i purchased it,knows me pretty well....Actually he knows my dad :p
So he ordered a new piece from his distributor,opened up the sealed box...checked everything and gave me the piece

Why do u ask that ??

That's even better, Sellers in Bangalore have nexus phones with broken seals, upon asking they say that the seal was opened to check for the proper condition of the phone at the distributor.

Ya well,my dealer had pieces with broken seal as well and he said the same thing,he clarified that its just normal procedure for such kind of phones......so chillax nothing to worry....
Btw,did u root ur phone ??

Just FYI I got my phone on expansys USA, I got it there cos I couldn't trust the open box pieces at the local dealers.
And no, I haven't rooted it yet as I'm quite happy with the performance but I wouldn't mind to get some extra juice :D Have you rooted yours? What accessories do you use?

Just FYI I got my phone on expansys USA, I got it there cos I couldn't trust the open box pieces at the local dealers.<br />
And no, I haven't rooted it yet as I'm quite happy with the performance but I wouldn't mind to get some extra juice :D Have you rooted yours? What accessories do you use?

Yes,i have rooted my phone....I have just applied a scrath guard...looking for a soft carry pouch....

@cooldude_007
Sure dude,i'll help you out with the rooting....
Its actually very simple

Go here and download this : [GNex TOOLKIT V6.2] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers
Its an application that does everything for you....
Just select your Android version and follow the screen instructions
If you haven't done anything yet with your Gnex then after selecting the proper android version just press the key "7" for a 1 Click install

This will basically unlock the bootloader + Root the device + Install CLockworkMod and yea it will also rename your recovery so that CWM and stock recovery don't get replaced ;)
And you are done.....

If you have any other doubts,lemme know
After rooting my GNex,i have installed a kernel coz i really like the default ICS UI so for the time being i'm not touching any custom roms ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back