The Symbian Thread

^ thanx pal. But if i google about qt, what i get is only the SDKs (which i think is only meant for developers). I dont know how to search for them. Did you download it and install the 4.7.3 ? because IMO it comes default vide the nokia smart installer. This QT thing is very uncertain and its impossible to learn which components to download. For example it has qt quick, mobility, components, etc. etc . I used qtinfo utility and it shows 4.7.3 . But where to get 4.7.4 and related components ?

When it comes to symbian, there is a big difficulty in processing pdf files. Recently i learnt that doc files are easily managed and word wrapped by x-plore. But is there a good application to read pdf files ?. I used apps like pdf eagle, quickoffice pdf, etc, etc but couldnt find a good pdf viewer.

Came to know about this PDF 3d recently and i want to give it a try, but the same requires the latest QT 4.7.4. Somewhere i read that qt 4.7.4 isnt a stable release. If that comes inbuilt with belle then i am ready to wait. But AHHHHH !!!. The update is going to be released by NOKIA which always delays to execute promises.

So i am very pissed off mate..

@ Dhruvrock please help me if you read this post. Will PM you asap

Belle update is now available for Nokia Anna phones. Just checked it through Nokia Suite
<
<

Updated my C7 to Belle
<

Initial impressions - faster, smoother and gorgeous. I think I will post a review of Belle this weekend
<

Updated my n8 to the Belle yesterday morning...am loving it!!! the n8 feels like a new phone all together!! its noticeably faster, smoother and the design is some what minimalist in a good way. The overall feel of the UI is brighter. the thing that i am missing is the central option button in every menu!!! and also a home button for the Home screens...will put in more later.

p.s.- fiddles around so much with the phone after so many days that the battery was out by 5.00 in the evening!!!!;P

Yes...the Belle is a completely new UI...we can call it symbian^4
<

completely loving it...a bang on competition to android.

But i noticed that now my nokia c6-01 is taking more time to charge full.

Missing the battery% on tap, notification. Should have added more widget.

^^ A word of caution . Dont ever update the apps which are incompatible with the latest belle. For example i installed Quickoffice 7 in my N8 and it failed to open any of the existing word/excel files. So uninstalled it and i lost quick office until i was forced to re flash the FW to get the one which came with belle. That version seldom exists in the web which alone works and none of the version work. So be careful.

It is pertinent to state here that one among apps sygic mobile apps refuses to work here which i am missing seriously. Dont know when they will come with an update compatible with belle.

Has new OS extended the battery duration or atleast on par with ANNA in Nokia N8 ?

UC Web browser is also not working with belle....had to switch back to opera mobile. Does belle using some sort of new engine or what...or its not symbian^3 ?? Whatever it is, a big thumbs up to NOKIA for belle.
<

I didn't notice any battery backup enhancement.

Recent response from sygic. They have no intention to bring an update for BELLE phones and the guy, michael says that BELLE users can DOWNGRADE to symbian ANNA if they want the app to work properly. It is also stated that a final update is madeavailable to other platforms and not for BELLE as it is NOT POSSIBLE to bring one, since it may create issues for other platforms. Why cant they tweak the BELLE app which can work in BELLE alone and give a seperate download link it ??. This is absolute cheating against those who bought it with their hard earned money.

To me it seems that this "problem" is more a commercial policy to create problems to Symbian and force customers to migrate to Android devices..than a real technical problem. How smart these bastards are.... They should be sued before the court of law

Is there any workaround/hack to make SMM 10 work under BELLE ?. Please help....

I cannot answer about the hack, but I am definitely curious why Nokia Maps is incapable for your usage. I have used this over hyped Sygic thing on Android and came away unimpressed. This, after having used Nokia (Ovi) Maps for years.

Although it may be considered inappropriate in this thread, I feel this is the best place for a proper answer.

I need to buy a new smartphone (under 10K) and am considering various options. Nokia 500 is one of them. However, almost everybody says Symbian is dead and there is no point investing in a Symbian phone at this point in time. I find that hard to understand because Nokia would not have come out with Belle if they were killing Symbian.

Comments please.

@emil: The answer will again start Nokia (symbian) v/s Android war. But Nokia themselves like to call their devices without the word 'symbian'. I own a nokia c6-01 with Nokia Belle. And i simply love it...i have all the apps- more than enough, superb hardware, charming OS, unlimited free music download, offline maps navigation. My perspective is only till the next 2 years. Can't say what will happen after that.

As there is one more release after Belle, Nokia (symbian) is not dead yet.
<

Rest is all about preferences.

Although it may be considered inappropriate in this thread, I feel this is the best place for a proper answer.

I need to buy a new smartphone (under 10K) and am considering various options. Nokia 500 is one of them. However, almost everybody says Symbian is dead and there is no point investing in a Symbian phone at this point in time. I find that hard to understand because Nokia would not have come out with Belle if they were killing Symbian.

Comments please.

nokia 610 is supposed to be launched under the 10k range so they want windows phone to enter the mass market

Back