The Symbian Thread

DarkAngel said:
^ Why is that so :S The 5800 and 5233 has the same 424MHz ARM11 processor and 128MB RAM with the same screen size and nHD resolution. So anything that works in the 5800 should work with the 5233/5230.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic vs. Nokia 5233 - GSMArena.com

Hmm thats strange, i am sorry i didnot see the specs

But then why did they price 5800 above 10k and 5233 at 6k ?

i know they both released in different years :)

and what all i heard was like 5800 at its time was a great phone to have and 5233 was the most budget phone and i have read reviews where 5800's firmwares are a bit laggy in 5233,5230,5228

swastikrj said:
Anyone having any new HD games ?

i know the os is dead but yet some of the new symbian hd games do work on v5 :)

my last HD game was monopoly and it was really nice :)

u can easily find it over net.

Using Nokia 5800 Express music.

Need to upgrade the firmware .Current firmware is 30.0.011 but whenever i connect it to ovi suit (latest one) it says your device is updated.

When checked on net i can see firmware 40.X,51.X ,52X are available.

Is there any way to get it in india?

pinga123 said:
I have changed the product code still not working.It says no updates available.

0573797: APAC2 India Black

0559961: APAC2 India BLUE

0559673: APAC2 India RED

I m using latest ovi suit which is 3.2.100

When I used this method i changed my product code to some other country product - generally which gets the latest update first :)

pinga123 said:
which contry code did you select?

I dont remember anything :( - used this method around 2 years ago

But i guess any european or american country product code would work - just use product code of any country with default language as english in its firmware version :)

agantuk said:
What major changes do you see?

Unofficial changelog:

- Symbian Anna Browser v7.3.1.33

- Nokia Maps v3.06

- Supports for IDNs and other languages like Arabic and Chinese

- Improvements on overall web browsing experience and phone’s performance

USER Reviews -

Browser version's v7.3.1.33 - very fast

Swipe to Unlock

No emoticons.

The update size is 7277 kB

Speed has doubled

The phone is more stable

The music is a little bit louder

Around 55,6MB free RAM with JBak, PocketLock and roaming Guard active

No new dialer

Menu and Photo browser more fast and reactive

Maps 3.06(637), Qt 4.07(3)

Nokia Store 1.16(6) - no update

Guys It seems the new Nokia belle range ie Nokia 701 and Nokia 700 come with Broadcom 2763 compared with N8 which came with B2727.. just see the difference

N8 32 MB Gpu mem , 200 Mpixl Fillrate

Nokia 701: 128 MB Gpu mem : 1 Gpxl Fillrate.

Guess all that graphics prowess is going to be wasted ;( . Why cant Nokia have made it like N8 but with 4" screen and 12 MP camera... sigh

take note that the processor remains same. All Nokia phones since N97 have the same processor,Only the graphics processor differs...

Just updated to v60.0.3 on my Noka 5800. Not a lot of changes, but the most noticeable one - and thanfully - is the browser. It is much much better than what was there earlier, and browsing actually feels nice for a change. The tab count limit of 3 is painful, but still manageable. 3 working tabs is anyday better than none at all!

I also love the swipe to unlock feature, though it's behaviour is a bit strange. It comes up only when locked using the side slider, and not when locked using the power key :S Nevertheless, appreciate they put this in as the slider on my piece was beginning to misbehave after all these years.

I couldn't notice any other difference. The phone is as fast / slow as before.

Overall, glad that Nokia still cares for its older user base!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OMG. I don't believe this! Two more things I found out new in this update:

Music player volume has gone up, might not sound a major enhancement, but a noticeable one.

And another major update - Ovi Maps! Ovi Maps is freaking updated! New interface, and it allows to download maps directly from the phone. Even has the option to download State wise. Excellent.

Love you Nokia. I had no intentions of leaving you, and I have better reasons NOT to now!

can anyone tell me a good application for maintaining my SMS and call logs ??

There is call logs in the phone (Nokia c6-01) but no SMS logs.

Seen data counter in ovi store but nothing suitable. Help appreciated :)

Hi guys,

Can some one help me how to set up google sync in my E 5. The web page gives instructions on how to. But i am not able to figure out. Can someone please explain it to me from scratch.

also earlier i synced my contacts in outlook using suite. But some contacts when i deleted in my phone were restored when i synced with outlook again. To avoid this i deleted all my contacts iin outlook. Now i am not able to sync the contacts. I also ran the sync repair thing. but no use..

Thanks in advance guys

Back