The Symbian Thread

raksrules said:
Asking again in hope that someone found answer.

Is there any other (than default OVI maps) offline GPS navigation for Nokia C5 ?

Did I miss replying you earlier?

You can get the Sygic MMI App, which works in offline mode as well, but it's UI is bad.
Ovi Maps is much more simpler and FREE! These days I have noticed that Ovi Maps shows better results by keeping it online, the GPS lock is acquired pretty fast as well.

Hi ppl :)

I wanted to know if you guys know any app through which i can access the techenclave forum on my Nokia 5230 s60v5.

I searched and got tapatalk (an old version, i think its development was stopped for symbian), but its got a bug, when i search for techenclave.com its displays '1 forum(s) found' at the top but doesn't give an option for selecting it. . . instead shows a blank screen :huh: !!

Someone please recommend a free PDF reader and PPT reader for Nokia 5233. Ovistore decent have any decent ones. Wasn't able to install couple of them i downloaded from the forums.

DarkAngel said:
Someone please recommend a free PDF reader and PPT reader for Nokia 5233. Ovistore decent have any decent ones. Wasn't able to install couple of them i downloaded from the forums.
Adobe reader does the job
Also there is a quick office suite which does the job of viewing ppt files :)

ggt said:
Adobe reader does the job

Also there is a quick office suite which does the job of viewing ppt files :)

Adobe reader from S60v5 says "cannot install an application from untrusted publisher"

Quick Office Lite asks for some base package :( Another other websites/forums that has a working s/w?

Edit: Hurray. Got a working Quick Office lite from a website and also a mbrain pdf reader that works.

DarkAngel said:
Adobe reader from S60v5 says "cannot install an application from untrusted publisher"

Quick Office Lite asks for some base package :( Another other websites/forums that has a working s/w?

Edit: Hurray. Got a working Quick Office lite from a website and also a mbrain pdf reader that works.

do the certification/signing thingy you wont get those messages.

DarkAngel said:

Install Picsel Smart Office - There is no better software than this :)

Hi all,

I got my new 8gb memory card. I transferred all my data(everything) from my old memory card (came with phone) to the new one.

But there are no apps in the new memory card/phone. Photos, vids, music and normal files are there but the installed apps are missing.

The shortcut on home screen are also not working and prompting to reinstall the apps as unable to find shortcut link. I simply copy-pasted all files n folders.

Is there any tool/method to migrate all data from one memory card to other. I am using Nokia C6-01 (symbian anna) :)

pr.itdude said:
Hi all,

I got my new 8gb memory card. I transferred all my data(everything) from my old memory card (came with phone) to the new one.

But there are no apps in the new memory card/phone. Photos, vids, music and normal files are there but the installed apps are missing.

The shortcut on home screen are also not working and prompting to reinstall the apps as unable to find shortcut link. I simply copy-pasted all files n folders.

Is there any tool/method to migrate all data from one memory card to other. I am using Nokia C6-01 (symbian anna) :)

I guess you will have to install apps again :(

There is no solution to this AFAIK

swastikrj said:
Install Picsel Smart Office - There is no better software than this :)

Wow. The piscel office software is super cool :O
The slideshow 3D effect (Like Windows Aero) and also the kinetic scrolling is buttery smooth. Best s/w I have installed in my phone till date. All my office needs are taken care off now.
RVK2488 said:
I have done that process for 4-5 Nokia phone till now :p

I am scared to give away nos. like that. Anyways got the office software i needed. No more softwares needed for now.

Hello guys, I have purchased Nokia E5 couple of days ago.

Please suggest me few apps(no games)?

Also please suggest me a file manager,task manager and themes?

I would prefer FExplorer over X-plore!

LIked it better!

A few apps u should try

Joikuspot wifi hotspot ( very handy if u have a laptop or a pc with wifi)

Sportstracker, if u run or walk or go for cycling.

Mobireader , if u read ebooks!

also , Use Opera mobile instead of Mini( i have seen lots of people using mini, which is a waste of the potential of the phone)

Themes all that you can find on nokia ovi store, themes are not so easy to come by anymore in s60v3 :(

Back